Random in-game observations of the Raiders and 49ers games

mistaowen

Reaction score
Every time they put the 49ers game on Sunday ticket I wanted to throw up. The worst game of the year on the worst field in the NFL. At what point does the NFL take control of that garbage ownership and make them get a remotely acceptable field?

JG looked sharp too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
That was ugly from start to finish. I’ve seen games in the rain, but this was so much more than that. That field is horrific.

It was a quagmire in the middle of the field.

49ers are built on speed at RB and WR. Those runners couldn’t cut and those WRs couldn’t get open. Quick cuts and they’re on the ground. No separation. Jimmy was holding the ball longer than I’ve seen all year, resulting in more running than we’ve seen.

Ball slipped on Jimmy a few times as well and he had his 1 per game WTF pass on the INT.

They’ve now won two games without their starting tackles or FB. Should start getting those guys back soon.

Weather clearly had an effect on both teams. Weather is the great equalizer.

The 49ers however, have now allowed a TOTAL of 176 yards passing in the last three games combined and a total of 10 pts.

rlkats

Reaction score
Niners won. That's the main thing. The past 2 seasons we lose this game no question. That field is a pile of swamp crap to play in. The niners showed more grit and came up with the win. This win goes farther than a sunny day and a blow out win. I like it. Jimmy G should have not thrown that ball at the pic. Then again Shanahan should have punted.

NINEster

Reaction score
TAB420":uzhuswd2 said:
RolandDeschain":uzhuswd2 said:
Jimmy Garoppolo - 12 completions on 21 attempts, 151 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int.

That Jimmy GQ stat line sure deserves the cover.
QBR of 59.82

Jimmy's first 16 starts: 14-2
Wilson's first 16: 11-5

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":26lzvlyg said:
TAB420":26lzvlyg said:
RolandDeschain":26lzvlyg said:

QBR of 59.82

Classic NINEster false equivalencies. GQ sat for 3 years behind Brady. Wilson was a rookie.

rlkats

Reaction score
NINEster":31fhi1rt said:
rlkats":31fhi1rt said:
Niners won. That's the main thing. The past 2 seasons we lose this game no question. That field is a pile of swamp crap to play in. The niners showed more grit and came up with the win. This win goes farther than a sunny day and a blow out win. I like it. Jimmy G should have not thrown that ball at the pic. Then again Shanahan should have punted.

It's so hilarious seeing these Seahawk fans diminish what the 49ers had to deal with but whine like cucks over the same exact field they played against RG3 in the playoffs in, and the Panthers field.

Those would have been perfect fields to play on by comparison.

Typical garbage. :irishdrinkers:

ps - That INT was a punt, if only it wasn't ran back....if they got a TD there, probably would have won it right there and then.

It's also hilarious reading the webzone niner fans saying the offense and Jimmy were trash today. Forget about playing in a monsoon

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ldxwf1z said:
NINEster":3ldxwf1z said:
TAB420":3ldxwf1z said:
RolandDeschain":3ldxwf1z said:

QBR of 59.82

Classic NINEster false equivalencies. GQ sat for 3 years behind Brady. Wilson was a rookie.
No one should be comparing those two anyway. Still, under those conditions very few QBs will play well.

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":16r1ow5a said:
Maulbert":16r1ow5a said:
NINEster":16r1ow5a said:
TAB420":16r1ow5a said:
QBR of 59.82

No one should be comparing those two anyway. Still, under those conditions very few QBs will play well.

I don't disagree. However, it's NINEster's favorite pastime.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cracks me up when people quote the QBR.

I really, REALLY, don’t care.

He. Just. Wins.

Ain’t always pretty, but when a play NEEDS to be made? Money. 3rd and 9 and have barely been able to complete a pass all day? No worries. He’s got it. He’ll stand in vs pressure and deliver the first down strike.

He’s been getting the ball out fast with both tackles out and today his receivers couldn’t get open. Conditions made cutting almost impossible and didn’t have Deebo today and lost Goodwin during the game....don’t matter.

Win.

Peeps all over the internet looking at s stat sheet to explain why s 14-2 QB really sucks. Keep at it.

Shanahan last three years:

Jimmy: 12-2
Everyone else: 4-20

I’m making no comparison the Wilson at any point in his career. That’s folly. He’s played like an MVP.

I’m just gonna be happy with 6-0.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin

—————-

Yeah, because it never plays positively into your narrative.

You probably hate OPS as a baseball stat as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
94Smith":1lxms839 said:
RolandDeschain":1lxms839 said:

14-2, 6-0, 1st place NFC West, 1st place NFC is the stat lines I care about
Yeah, I totally believe that you don't care about your starting QB at all.

:roll:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jaae6pf said:
Marvin

—————-

Has nothing to do with the stat itself or how it’s formulated. My point is people simply posting the QBR as if it says something.

Niners are 6-0. Jimmy is 14-2 as a starter. Why should I care about an arbitrary stat? He delivers when he needs to and is playin without either starting tackle, his Pro Bowl FB, his #1 Slot receiver, either of his starting receivers. He’s in a driving rain and as Richard Sherman said after the game the worst field conditions he’d ever seen.

Despite all of that, he moves the team and gets the win.

Why the hell should I care about QBR?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":fqwrwioh said:
Sports Hernia":fqwrwioh said:
Marvin

—————-

Has nothing to do with the stat itself or how it’s formulated. My point is people simply posting the QBR as if it says something.

Niners are 6-0. Jimmy is 14-2 as a starter. Why should I care about an arbitrary stat? He delivers when he needs to and is playin without either starting tackle, his Pro Bowl FB, his #1 Slot receiver, either of his starting receivers. He’s in a driving rain and as Richard Sherman said after the game the worst field conditions he’d ever seen.

Cool story bro. My point still stands.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":2czpkhu4 said:
Sports Hernia":2czpkhu4 said:
Marvin

—————-

They're not having a good day Marv so they're trying to crap on your parade.

They're starting to realize that when their "MVP" QB plays against a good D he isn't as successful. So to make themselves feel better they want talk about Jimmy G again.

Like I said before, rather have a good QB with wins than a QB with great stats and losses.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Isn’t there 49er forums? Thats where i would be if i was a fan of a team, on my teams forum. Strange.... :49ersmall:

Washington49er

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":613dzkm6 said:
Isn’t there 49er forums? Thats where i would be if i was a fan of a team, on my teams forum. Strange.... :49ersmall:

Well you could suggest eliminating the NFL section of yours if it bothers you too much.

Atleast we're here defending our team and not on main forum talking crap about another Hawks loss at the Clink.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1sco4aas said:
Marvin49":1sco4aas said:
Sports Hernia":1sco4aas said:
Marvin

—————-

Cool story bro. My point still stands.

You had a point?

M'kay.

BTW, Russell Wilson had a QBR today of 58. Guess that means he suck, right?

SMDH.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Washington49er":1imi7rt1 said:
Seahaaaawks":1imi7rt1 said:

Well you could suggest eliminating the NFL section of yours if it bothers you too much.
Ooohhhhh burn! lol NFL forum on a hawks site. But yes you win

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":33pfww1z said:
Washington49er":33pfww1z said:
Seahaaaawks":33pfww1z said:

Oh relax dude.

It wasn't even a niner fan who started this thread. If you have a problem with opposing fans, don't read the posts.

None of us are posting in the Seahawks forum. This is an NFL Forum.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":2bx9grvk said:
Seahaaaawks":2bx9grvk said:
Washington49er":2bx9grvk said:
Seahaaaawks":2bx9grvk said:

Oh relax dude.

It wasn't even a niner fan who started this thread. If you have a problem with opposing fans, don't read the posts.

None of us are posting in the Seahawks forum. This is an NFL Forum.
Dude im cool im cool... just sayin. We’re good no hard feelings