Random in-game observations of the Raiders and 49ers games

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1e5t6n0r said:
Marvin49":1e5t6n0r said:
Seahaaaawks":1e5t6n0r said:
Washington49er":1e5t6n0r said:
Well you could suggest eliminating the NFL section of yours if it bothers you too much.
Ooohhhhh burn! lol NFL forum on a hawks site. But yes you win

Oh relax dude.

It wasn't even a niner fan who started this thread. If you have a problem with opposing fans, don't read the posts.

None of us are posting in the Seahawks forum. This is an NFL Forum.
Dude im cool im cool... just sayin. We’re good no hard feelings

:2thumbs:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Main forum or not, the same rules apply. If you want to talk smack, take it to the smack shack.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":y8lhit9m said:
Main forum or not, the same rules apply. If you want to talk smack, take it to the smack shack.

Sure...but not sure where I was talking smack.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Not talking to you directly. Mainly to NINEster. But wanted everyone in the thread to know that we watch this forum too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":24u1sgbc said:
Not talking to you directly. Mainly to NINEster. But wanted everyone in the thread to know that we watch this forum too.

:2thumbs:

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mobu3g4 said:
Cracks me up when people quote the QBR.
Marvin

—————-

Yeah, because it never plays positively into your narrative.

You probably hate OPS as a baseball stat as well.

Wasn't Kaepernick like the highest rating QB by QBR for a bunch of 2012? QBR values running QBs pretty much about all else.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks fans who were so inclined said the 9ers were overrated and sucked through the first month of the season.

They've now been forced to move off that position and claim that it's just Garoppolo who is overrated and sucks.

If they're right they'll be right in the same way that broken clocks are sometimes right too.

If they're wrong, they'll just find a new person on the 9ers or thing about the 49ers that's overrated and sucks.

I really don't understand why 9ers fans on this board are so excited to roll around in the mud on this stuff.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3g789jtn said:
Hawks fans who were so inclined said the 9ers were overrated and sucked through the first month of the season.

They've now been forced to move off that position and claim that it's just Garoppolo who is overrated and sucks.

If they're right they'll be right in the same way that broken clocks are sometimes right too.

If they're wrong, they'll just find a new person on the 9ers or thing about the 49ers that's overrated and sucks.

I really don't understand why 9ers fans on this board are so excited to roll around in the mud on this stuff.

It's also inevitable that eventually the 49ers will lose this season. Could even be this week against a Panther team playing well and Niners still down 4 or 5 starters (Staley, McGlinchey, Juszczyk, Witherspoon, possibly Samuel and/or Goodwin).

When that happens, 'Hawks fans all over this site will be all over it. I'd expect no different.

Nature of the beast on any board.

I do think that people aren't quite understanding whats happening with Jimmy. The entire scheme of the offense has changed in order to get the ball out fast to protect those exposed tackles. They are doing NOTHING deep and rarely something mid-range.

Ths Niner offense right now is predicated on how quickly they can get the ball out of Jimmys hands...and they are leading the league in that dept.

That's not a humble brag. That's all about protecting Jimmy and those tackles until they can get Staley and McGlinchey back. This offense will look different when they get their horses back.

94Smith

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4vs3nwzt said:
94Smith":4vs3nwzt said:
RolandDeschain":4vs3nwzt said:
Jimmy Garoppolo - 12 completions on 21 attempts, 151 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int.

That Jimmy GQ stat line sure deserves the cover.

14-2, 6-0, 1st place NFC West, 1st place NFC is the stat lines I care about
Yeah, I totally believe that you don't care about your starting QB at all.

:roll:

I care about our QB, but I don't care about his stats as long as the team is winning and he is not the reason for a loss.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3styy7p8 said:
Popeyejones":3styy7p8 said:

It's also inevitable that eventually the 49ers will lose this season. Could even be this week against a Panther team playing well and Niners still down 4 or 5 starters (Staley, McGlinchey, Juszczyk, Witherspoon, possibly Samuel and/or Goodwin).

When that happens, 'Hawks fans all over this site will be all over it. I'd expect no different.

Nature of the beast on any board.

I do think that people aren't quite understanding whats happening with Jimmy. The entire scheme of the offense has changed in order to get the ball out fast to protect those exposed tackles. They are doing NOTHING deep and rarely something mid-range.

Ths Niner offense right now is predicated on how quickly they can get the ball out of Jimmys hands...and they are leading the league in that dept.

That's not a humble brag. That's all about protecting Jimmy and those tackles until they can get Staley and McGlinchey back. This offense will look different when they get their horses back.

Agreed with all this, but tbf, I don't really expect that some Hawks fans who are making claims about the 9ers have actually been watching them play with any regularity.

The only time the 9ers have even really been going intermediate or deep is on third and intermediate/long, and they've been EXCELLENT on those plays. That is, I think, a window into what the offense will look like when they're not starting fourth and fifth string tackles (mostly because that's what the offense looked like before they were down).

The real issue I think is that down two tackles and Juice the 9ers can't run the ball effectively (we've seen that two weeks in a row now), and they can't go to the real bread and butter of their passing attack (intermediate routes off play action) without either of their tackles, making the whole offense just really hobbled (again, two weeks in a row now).

Honestly, with those issues, and given that they WILL have to lose at some point (and multiple games at that), I think the Panthers this weekend are a good place to pencil in a loss. If the offense wasn't neutered I'd think they'd take this game off the HFA boost, but right now, I dunno. The Panthers look really good.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
94Smith":1ng1xa4v said:
RolandDeschain":1ng1xa4v said:
94Smith":1ng1xa4v said:
RolandDeschain":1ng1xa4v said:
Jimmy Garoppolo - 12 completions on 21 attempts, 151 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int.

That Jimmy GQ stat line sure deserves the cover.

14-2, 6-0, 1st place NFC West, 1st place NFC is the stat lines I care about
Yeah, I totally believe that you don't care about your starting QB at all.

:roll:

I care about our QB, but I don't care about his stats as long as the team is winning and he is not the reason for a loss.

True, but news of his demise has, TBF, also been greatly overstated.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1186092034114891776[/tweet]

Honestly, I think his real major flaw so far is that he's not looking off coverages and people are jumping his routes.

That's bizarre too, unless you consider he's only played 16 games in his career.

As far as flaws go learning to trust your route combos and hold defenders with your eyes is a VERY fixable one. TBH I can't think of a single QB who spent their entire career not being able to do that, although rookies definitely struggle with it. Maybe he'll be the one, but I haven't seen that yet.

Fanatics

Reaction score
This whole argument with the QBR reminds me of "White Men Can't Jump". There is a side in everyone that wants their team/player to always look good. But, the most important stat line is wins and how one plays when the game is on the line. We are lucky that we have Wilson, he is always bringing us back when needed but I do respect the win/loss total for Jimmy G as well. He doesn't look like an all-pro until the 49ers are losing or need it. I wouldn't trade Wilson for him but I think it would be smart to not overlook him when the game is on the line.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Fanatics":wh1omwwh said:
This whole argument with the QBR reminds me of "White Men Can't Jump". There is a side in everyone that wants their team/player to always look good. But, the most important stat line is wins and how one plays when the game is on the line. We are lucky that we have Wilson, he is always bringing us back when needed but I do respect the win/loss total for Jimmy G as well. He doesn't look like an all-pro until the 49ers are losing or need it. I wouldn't trade Wilson for him but I think it would be smart to not overlook him when the game is on the line.
We won’t know the truth about Jimmy G for another season at minimum, probably one more after. Whether or not he is a viable long term answer depends upon whether or not he grows over time.