Random Thoughts™ on the Giants game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1kakl2m1 said:
Stats don't tell you how indecisive RW was at time or how many "bad sacks" he took.
I think the problems were:
1. We seemed to have too many drives that just stalled. Some because of penalties (delay of game, false starts).
2. We didn't seem able to really run good plays in the red zone. Couldn't convert on 1st and goal. Tried to go for it on 4th down, but a false start moved us back and we ended up settling for field goals.
3. We kept getting the ball in great field position, but ended up kicking field goals. That's not really good offense.
This team has gotten us used to long sustained drives (60+ yards), that take time off the clock and result in 7 points. We struggled with those today.

I think we need more throws to tight ends. When team load the box, we need to do what the Saints do and throw the ball to RBs and let them run. That's how Lynch got most of his yards today.

Compared to the Saints game, our offense was anemic today. We need to improve it seriously.
Our defense is ready for the stretch run to the SB. These guys are on a mission.
Our offense needs to really catch up. Let's hope home cooking will solve all these problems.
If the Cardinals don't come to play on Sunday, we might blow them out of the building again.
Go Hawks.

I will say it again, I record all the games and have gone back and looked that them all, and the play calling at home and on the road is very different. On the road it is conservative, and almost playing not to loose, while at home we are aggressive, running lost of quick hitters, etc.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":28pba2y4 said:
Sgt. Largent, ESPN seems to call anything 10+ yards "deep". That is not "deep" by my book. I like how you conveniently stripped out the actual numbers stated on ESPN's game logs.

(Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to G.Tate to SF 48 for 16 yards (E.Wright). PENALTY on SEA-G.Tate, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at SEA 36 - No Play.

16 yards is deep? Well, let me define what I consider to be deep, then. 30+ yards in the air. I know most metrics define it as 20+ in the air, but I am referring to REAL deep balls.

Even the Willson TD catch was 19 yards in the air.

Not to take part in this awesome battle of wits, but the playcalls to go deep were there. The actual plays were not. San Fran ran a lot of 2 deep. Actually, they did the same thing in week 2. Their secondary was intent on not giving up any big plays. And they didn't, so good on them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nq8ir5e said:
Sgt. Largent, ESPN seems to call anything 10+ yards "deep". That is not "deep" by my book.

Sorry, I wasn't aware we were using your own personal made up definition of deep, as opposed to the #1 sports site on the planet's definition. Next time give me a heads up, so I don't waste 15 minutes of my time proving you wrong using ESPN's factual definitions.

You asked me to name one time we threw deep before Russell's last minute of the game interception, I named like eight.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":14zmsi3k said:
Anthony!":14zmsi3k said:
themunn":14zmsi3k said:
Maybe it's time we improve at QB.

I vote this for the dumbest statement on the board

Where would you put a statement by a person who missed clear sarcasm?

Depends if there is a sarcasm on and off smiley or if the person knows the other. Since I did not see the smiles and do not know you I have no way of knowing if it was sarcasm or not. There are still some people who do not think highly of RW, If you are saying it was sarcasm my apologies

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":u8u5qs49 said:
RolandDeschain":u8u5qs49 said:
Sgt. Largent, ESPN seems to call anything 10+ yards "deep". That is not "deep" by my book.

Sorry, I wasn't aware we were using your own personal made up definition of deep, as opposed to the #1 sports site on the planet's definition. Next time give me a heads up, so I don't waste 15 minutes of my time proving you wrong using someone else's stats.
ESPN's the #1 sports site on the planet, and McDonald's has the #1 cheeseburger on the planet. Hurray for maximum quantity-based ratings!

Don't hate just because you and I define "deep ball" differently. It looks like starting in 2006, the NFL defines only two types of passes; short and deep. Deep is 15+ yards. http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/09 ... asses.html

If 15 yards is a deep pass, then what's a pass that is 50 yards in the air? A nuclear bomb to the moon pass?

So be it. We usually take a couple nuclear-bomb-to-the-moon shots each game, and we didn't in San Francisco until the final play of the game.

Happy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13gqy852 said:
So be it. We usually take a couple nuclear-bomb-to-the-moon shots each game, and we didn't in San Francisco until the final play of the game.

Happy?

Whatever dude. You asked a question, I gave you 7-8 examples of deep shots during that game. If you want to get into some sort of semantic nonsense, I'm done. OMG THAT PASS WAS ONLY 27 YARDS, MY DEFINITION OF DEEP PASSES IS 30 YARDS, YOU LOSE HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Scottemojo":2tsn2eg8 said:
RolandDeschain":2tsn2eg8 said:
Sgt. Largent, ESPN seems to call anything 10+ yards "deep". That is not "deep" by my book. I like how you conveniently stripped out the actual numbers stated on ESPN's game logs.

(Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to G.Tate to SF 48 for 16 yards (E.Wright). PENALTY on SEA-G.Tate, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at SEA 36 - No Play.

16 yards is deep? Well, let me define what I consider to be deep, then. 30+ yards in the air. I know most metrics define it as 20+ in the air, but I am referring to REAL deep balls.

Not to take part in this awesome battle of wits, but the playcalls to go deep were there. The actual plays were not. San Fran ran a lot of 2 deep. Actually, they did the same thing in week 2. Their secondary was intent on not giving up any big plays. And they didn't, so good on them.

This. People seem to ignore the possibility that just because Russell isn't tossing bombs all over the place doesn't mean deep routes aren't being run. Russell's a smart kid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":g7hmwl1j said:
Scottemojo":g7hmwl1j said:
RolandDeschain":g7hmwl1j said:

This. People seem to ignore the possibility that just because Russell isn't tossing bombs all over the place doesn't mean deep routes aren't being run. Russell's a smart kid.

Sorry, you guys are wrong. It has nothing to do with the other team, it's 100% Bevell's an idiot and has no idea what he's doing. How is this guy even still employed when we have so many qualified offensive coordinators right in this very forum? Shocking really.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":955f1dpn said:
Scottemojo":955f1dpn said:
RolandDeschain":955f1dpn said:

Quit using that pesky logic it has no place in this thread!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1q3dds2e said:
Sorry, you guys are wrong. It has nothing to do with the other team, it's 100% Bevell's an idiot and has no idea what he's doing. How is this guy even still employed when we have so many qualified offensive coordinators right in this very forum? Shocking really.

Posts like this are why I stopped even trying to have discussions around here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow. I'm not a Bevell fan, but that's next level. We are fans, these guys know 500 times more than any of us about football.

A

Anonymous

You know, it's just sad that one of Kearly's Random Thoughts threads had to turn out this way.

Come on people, it's the ChrismaHannaQuanzica season. We're better than this.

Aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.