Rapaport: SEA likely to extend Earl, Sherm not goin anywhere

sutz

Reaction score
GeekHawk":6wxdvvh0 said:
I blame fantasy football, and that Madden game. Everybody has a short attention span.
I know exactly what you mean.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We already know that no one is willing to pay us what we thought Sherm was worth before his injuries. They certainly won’t pay what we need for him now. Hopefully he recovers his health and his witts and returns to being a top nfl player for us. I expect Earl’s situation is much the same.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Since Sherm does it through mostly brains and film study, I expect that he would make a very good position coach when he slows down from age/injuries. When that happens, I hope he retires as a Seahawk and sticks around to coach.

kidhawk

Reaction score
massari":35tvbne2 said:
GeekHawk":35tvbne2 said:
I blame fantasy football, and that Madden game. Everybody has a short attention span.
I blame the salary cap, age, injuries and guys publicly stating they'd rather be elsewhere.

Neither of these guys have said they’d rather play elsewhere. Earls comments to the cowboys was prefaced by if we let him go and don’t pay him. You may assume that was his intention and you are free to believe that, but it’s disingenuous to state that he wants to be elsewhere as if it’s a fact instead of just an opinion

As for the “report” this sounds an awful lot like he’s speculating using public information and nothing we don’t already know. This is the most likely scenario given everything that is public. It’s what I’d expect. Of course we don’t know what goes on behind the scene so this speculation will continue on and off throughout the off season

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":1prthygo said:
massari":1prthygo said:
GeekHawk":1prthygo said:
I blame the salary cap, age, injuries and guys publicly stating they'd rather be elsewhere.

Neither of these guys have said they’d rather play elsewhere. Earls comments to the cowboys was prefaced by if we let him go and don’t pay him. You may assume that was his intention and you are free to believe that, but it’s disingenuous to state that he wants to be elsewhere as if it’s a fact instead of just an opinion

As for the “report” this sounds an awful lot like he’s speculating using public information and nothing we don’t already know. This is the most likely scenario given everything that is public. It’s what I’d expect. Of course we don’t know what goes on behind the scene so this speculation will continue on and off throughout the off season

In My Opinion....he was doing what all players would love to do....LEVERAGING...for his next contract. If he went to the Browns and did that....well..it would not really be leveraging in the proper direction...LOL

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1jeqktqf said:
massari":1jeqktqf said:
GeekHawk":1jeqktqf said:

This time of year, every rumor seems to command massive amounts of speculation.

:229031_shrug:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":kyxdvg7f said:
Since Sherm does it through mostly brains and film study, I expect that he would make a very good position coach when he slows down from age/injuries. When that happens, I hope he retires as a Seahawk and sticks around to coach.
Maybe he will after his broadcasting career, but I doubt very much he would turn down the sort of cash and national attention networks would offer to be a mere position coach.

HawkGA

Reaction score
What's Rappaport's track record? Is this reporting likely accurate or is he one of those reporters that when he says something, the opposite happens?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1w9yurhc said:
What's Rappaport's track record? Is this reporting likely accurate or is he one of those reporters that when he says something, the opposite happens?
He's usually pretty decent. HOWEVER, he did report that neither Cable nor Bevell were going anywhere, so......

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2zm924fb said:
GeekHawk":2zm924fb said:
Maybe he will after his broadcasting career, but I doubt very much he would turn down the sort of cash and national attention networks would offer to be a mere position coach.

I think you're right, my Southern-hemisphere friend. Sherm's degree is in communication, and it makes sense for him to use it in the area he knows best. The money there is also good enough to draw him.

Ginahawk

Reaction score
Merely speculation at this point but with free agency rapidly approaching we can expect to see some action in F.A. pretty soon.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkman":1l5yxioy said:
Terms of the contract will determine if it’s a good or bad thing. Sure don’t need another Kam situation.

Exactly. Living in the past at a high cost doesn't help us re-tool when we have the chance. Neither of these deals should be automatic IMO. Also, this is one mans opinion. Personally I'd like them both, but not at top of their position pay scale during the downside of their careers though.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3st84e8h said:
No matter what they do, someone is bound to complain about it :lol:

Pretty much. Just a matter of when and how many. ;)

original poster

Reaction score
With regards to Earl and Sherm I won't believe anything until it's properly confirmed.

I would take what Rapoport says with a fistful of salt, though.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
original poster":f49ndb5p said:
With regards to Earl and Sherm I won't believe anything until it's properly confirmed.

Well, personally, I'm not entirely convinced until I see it from Incarcerated Bob.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":3sok1wgt said:

Isn't that "fistful of dollars".....and "grain of salt"? :twisted:

512TP3B5N7L SY445

Il 570xN505297045 m5d0

chris98251

Reaction score
All these Mediots are guessing right now, teams rarely let anything out of the bag during the F.A. signing period and the draft. If they guess right they say I told you so, if wrong the in named source was misinformed.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1zhn343z said:
All these Mediots are guessing right now, teams rarely let anything out of the bag during the F.A. signing period and the draft. If they guess right they say I told you so, if wrong the in named source was misinformed.

Source? Like HSU uses, many sources are the bathroom mirror at the corner Shell station. In a pinch a shiny chrome moony hubcap will do "for an official source".