Boston Scott
Smaje Perine
Miles Sanders
Dontrell Hilliard
David Montgomery
Alexander Mattison
Damien Harris
James Robinson
David Montgomery would be one I’d like to see Seattle snag. He’s not bad a solid #2 RB

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I was concerned at the time that he never went to a power 5 school. It just felt at the time that he was taken too high. He flashed at times but Chris Carson was more productive for us as a 6th round pick despite his own injuries.

Carson was a seventh-round pick. And David Moore was picked in the same round (seventh) of the same draft (2017). That's a great seventh round!

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
They got a great deal:

View attachment 58193
I mean, with a deal like this, Penny would have fit into our plans like nothing. To me this reads like one--or both--sides just deciding to move on.

I have mixed feelings, because when he was on, he was fire, but I won't miss all the time spent watching our RB #1 sit on the sidelines and KWIII has probably earned that role even with a healthy Penny.

flv2

Reaction score
I wonder what his FA value outside of Seattle was last year. He ended 2021 strong but his injury history had to hurt him.

chris98251

Reaction score
His shelf life is much lower with all his injuries even if he is healthy today, the legs have to be the last to go not the first.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Good for RP. He'll probably have his first healthy year and be a top-3 RB.
Hence my statement

He has so much freaking potential.
This guy “could be” a top rusher “if” he actually stayed healthy and got the the ball enough times.

Worries me that he’ll “break out” on another team.

NoGain

Reaction score
I wish him well, but no problem with him leaving. We've got our stud RB in K-9. We simply draft another RB in the 3rd through 7th round, maybe add another one if FAcy. Move on...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I so want his backup if he lasts to the fourth round. Bijan is too rich for our defensive deficiencies.
That's why the Seahawks are going to Draft Israel Abanakanda in round 4, Book It.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Sigh. This sucks, but was inevitable. I hope he does well.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Something about the Seahawks system creates high injury rates for RBs. Conditioning? Scheme? No idea, but our RB games missed to injury is absurd.

I said this not long ago and got ganged up on as usual. They just always seem to be hurt and I dont know why.

Walker made Penny expendable especially with his injury history. Wish they would have kept Homer though for his pass blocking abilities.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Still some good options available in FA
Jamaal Williams
Boston Scott
Smaje Perine
Miles Sanders
Dontrell Hilliard
David Montgomery
Alexander Mattison
Damien Harris
James Robinson

Perine is intriguing. Great pass catcher that plays hard and can probably be had for cheap. I would like that signing.

GemCity

Reaction score
Hence my statement

He has so much freaking potential.
This guy “could be” a top rusher “if” he actually stayed healthy and got the the ball enough times.

Worries me that he’ll “break out” on another team.
Same. Someone mentioned Walker would’ve took the top spot even if Penny was healthy.

False. A healthy Penny is a top 3 back in the league.

Key word: Healthy