Ravens at Rams MNF

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2v6ee8yd said:
Rams on the brink of being an after thought..

What a drop it's been.
and so quickly too. give DCs an offseason and they can slow down anything and offense does. Ravens should enjoy this now cuz next year will be tougher sledding

xray

Reaction score
The Ravens have a well balanced team. It's not just Jackson...their defense is quite good too as allowing 6 pts . indicates. Best team in the NFL right now . IMO

Ramfan128

Reaction score
This was one of those games where one team just doesn't show up. Not one player had a good game tonight - I figured we would lose, but this was 100% on the coaching staff and that's pretty shocking.

Goff is another issue. I didn't want to pay him and it's looking like a huge mistake at this point.

Have to see if McVay can get Goff right in the offseason and come back next year with a better OL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think it's plenty safe to say that Baltimore is CLEARLY the best team in the NFL. They have it all, a little too cocky overall for my taste, but oh well, they back it up.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2txfe4lo said:
I think it's plenty safe to say that Baltimore is CLEARLY the best team in the NFL. They have it all, a little too cocky overall for my taste, but oh well, they back it up.

I remember another team like that, they managed to make it work for like 5 or 6 really good years.

Now Dallas does it and well they are Americas Team don't ya know. :)

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Well, there is a lot of hype around Jackson right now. What say you stats?

Team, result, defensive ranking: (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 19/opp.htm)

Dolphins :roll: , W, #32
Cardinals, W, #30
Chiefs, L, #19
Browns, L, #18
Steelers, W, #8 (in overtime, sans QB Wafflesburger)
Bengals, W, #27
Seahawks, W, #21
Patriots, W, #1
Bengals, W, #27
Texans, W, #17
Rams, W, #15

I'm too lazy to put together the combined opponent records thus far, but to me the only impressive wins are SEA and NE. SEA was before defense started to gel...

Upcoming:

Niners - #2
Browns - #18
Bills - #3
Jets - #20
Steelers - #8

Ah, to play the Dolphins, and also Bengals twice...

Kid has got the skillz, tho. But as mentioned, he's new to the defensive coords (see Deshaun Watson pummelling SEA in 2017, tho we managed to win), and yep he hasn't been fully field tested yet. Glad the Ravens are in the AFC, tho. We don't need anymore sharks in the NFC tank!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Id be happy if we play them again..I like our odds..I don't give
a shit about any hyped up QB.
They are all beatable.

xray

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3pasr3eu said:
Id be happy if we play them again..I like our odds..I don't give
a $h!t about any hyped up QB.
They are all beatable.
Don't want to play them again unless it's in the SB . They are flat out mauling everything in front of them right now .

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3unyrtsu said:
Sports Hernia":3unyrtsu said:
SanDiego49er":3unyrtsu said:
Lamar Jackson looks tremendous. He can really run plus he throws a pretty accurate ball too. He does run the risk of injury though with his style of play. Just like happened to RG3.
Same thing was said about Russ too, and he hasn’t missed a game in his career.
Time will tell if he is as durable as Russ, fragile like RG3, or somewhere in between.

To me Wilson runs around to buy time to look down the field and pass. Jackson runs to run as did RG3. Which leads to serious injury eventually. It hasn't yet. But it may in the future. Wilson is actually pretty good at protecting himself and mostly runs to buy time to throw. I think Wilson is unique. He is tremendous. I like what Jackson is doing. But I just don't know if it will hold up over time injury free. We will see.
Fair enough, and I agree with your assessments.