Rawls Passes Physical. Off PUP

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1k5erxal said:
HawkGA":1k5erxal said:
Wonder how much this has to do with him actually being ready versus all the running backs who keep going down. Not saying they were rushing him because of it so much as I wonder if they were just holding him out as a luxury.

I'd say it has little or nothing at all to do with it. They signed camp legs and can run with those guys until Brooks and Prosise come back, which should be about a week. If Prosise takes longer, I can see them IR'ing him.

Collins has impressed. Rawls is back. Brooks has looked good.

Lets' not forget about Christine Michael. The coaching staff has raved about him so far, and he's athletically comparable to Adrian Peterson. He could end up being more dynamic than anyone we have. Where's Prosise going to fit if we lose him the entire TC and a good chunk of the preseason ?
I think Prosise is going IR if he misses so much time.He can learn more behind the scenes with the depth we have.I just think he's a soft type (always gets hurt) I saw it here enough.I hope he pans out but yeah I have doubts sure..

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
ACFan":33olj0at said:
hawknation2016":33olj0at said:
MenacingFrighteningAchillestang.gif

KABOOM!

good run, but he could have avoided the head contact with a good stiff arm.

But that's why Rawls is so good. He is going to PUNISH the other team. A stiff arm might embarass the defender but if you run his ass over, he might hesitate a little the next time he has to tackle you.

Wartooth

Reaction score
You'll also notice in that clip that the sideline was right there, but he wasn't going out of bounds! Nice to see him back!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":9n4ym9io said:
ACFan":9n4ym9io said:
hawknation2016":9n4ym9io said:

But that's why Rawls is so good. He is going to PUNISH the other team. A stiff arm might embarass the defender but if you run his ass over, he might hesitate a little the next time he has to tackle you.

That style got him 209 yards (and 3 TD) that day against SF. I think that will suffice.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24hu4z9x said:
EverydayImRusselin":24hu4z9x said:
ACFan":24hu4z9x said:
hawknation2016":24hu4z9x said:

That style got him 209 yards (and 3 TD) that day against SF. I think that will suffice.

That's a Walter Payton running style deliver the blow not take one.

Fade

Reaction score
Good news.

I expect him to get snaps in the 2nd pre-season game. It will be interesting to see how much he plays in the 3rd. That will be the most telling.

ACFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3h3j7sui said:

chris98251":3h3j7sui said:
That's a Walter Payton running style deliver the blow not take one.

it's an admirable style, an effective style, just one that you can't do for a number of years successfully and stay healthy. (RB health being a relevant topic of late)

don't underestimate the stiff arm, it's about the only blow to the head that's still legal, McFadden used to punch defender's helmets off. Collins is pretty good at it too.

hawker84

Reaction score
Rawls is obviously very talented and important to this offense now. But let's not forget, he is not some wiley old veteran, he has a little over 1/2 of a season under his belt, he need to get some TC & pre-season snaps. Only if he's healthy and ready for contact of course.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
ACFan":2d67s9jh said:
don't underestimate the stiff arm, it's about the only blow to the head that's still legal, McFadden used to punch defender's helmets off. Collins is pretty good at it too.

I can think of another RB who loved that move and used it pretty effectively.

Marshawn lynch 1
Img24986401
Tumblr mw82pdd3Ku1qlkvaio8 540
954000 USP NFL Seattle Seahawks at New York Giants

And, just for good measure, a little Baby Beast Mode

112854538-state-quarterback-russell-wilson-stiff-arms-gettyimages.jpg

104664818-states-russell-wilson-stiff-arms-virginia-gettyimages.jpg

rwilson.jpg

sutz

Reaction score
Heard this morning, Pete said Rawls would practice Tuesday, but they would be taking it easy at first and bring him up to speed carefully.

I approve that message. :)

ACFan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3apfvxid said:
ACFan":3apfvxid said:

I can think of another RB who loved that move and used it pretty effectively.

Marshawn lynch 1
Img24986401
that's a good gallery.

I'm thinking those first two guys have completely forgotten about making a tackle at that point.