Ray Mcdonald unlikely to be charged ? mercury news

Popeyejones

Reaction score
lsheldon":gi3latoj said:
It's the Santa Clara DA's office. They never charge 49'ers and always come up with a way of skirting the law for them. Typical Bay Area BS....

?

They charged Aldon Smith several months ago.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3krjlntu said:
Right on schedule and as predicted.................:snack:

:lol:

I mean, it's kind of a no win situation, isn't it?

Isheldon's post is just simply factually inaccurate.

It would be like if I wrote that several months ago Lynch was arrested and charged with assaulting a woman, Hawks fans posted that what I wrote simply isn't true, and than Marvin traipsed in laughing at their "rebuttals."

That the SJDA won't (or hasn't ever, as was claimed) charge a 9ers players just simply isn't true. Heck, in the most recent example of a 9ers player's arrest they charged and convicted him.

Maybe reality is part of the conspiracy? I dunno. :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1f0yhwxl said:
Yep, "the niner defense squad" is very punctual in their quest to defend anything and everything niner. It's quite sad really!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24h4f2gm said:
Yep, "the niner defense squad" is very punctual in their quest to defend anything and everything niner. It's quite sad really!

FWIW (meaning, I'm no doubt wasting my time :lol: ) as you recall and can surely look up, Marvin and I were both incredibly critical of McDonald and the 9ers through the early stages of this story (I wanted him cut outright). It wasn't until later and comments by Goodell and the organization that I started to question if my read on what happened could be wrong.*

IIRC Marvin even created the original thread about McDonald being arrested on suspicion of DV, which isn't really the actions of someone trying to bury something or excuse it away.

*If you like you can look up that post too -- it was a long one about how the statements of Goodell, Harbaugh, Baalke, and even McDonald himself were all really irrational and bizarre if the story was as cut-and-dry as I had always assumed it to be. He could still be guilty of course, but Marv and I make for an AWFUL defense squad given that in the early stages of this we raced in line to cast the first stones. :lol:

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess the Justice system got a chance to play out to its conclusion as it should be allowed to. I remember when Leroy Hill got arrested for his second DV issue with his girl. Under today's environment, he would have been booted on the spot. Turns out the charges were dropped.

I would rather the system get it right than to let the screams of the outraged sway the day. DV is a foul beast but frontier justice can go horribly wrong.

Though I must admit, anything that makes the division foes weaker couldn't be all bad can it?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2d4o5ky9 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2d4o5ky9 said:
Nah what is sad is the cognitive dissonance of about half of the Hawk fans in this thread. The facts are what they are, bro.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3l8xvbnw said:
Sports Hernia":3l8xvbnw said:
hawksfansinceday1":3l8xvbnw said:
Nah what is sad is the cognitive dissonance of about half of the Hawk fans in this thread. The facts are what they are, bro.
You are welcome to your opinion even as WRONG as it is. 8)
You are one of the better behaved 9'er fans here, I hope it stays that way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maybe the "niner defense squad" was right about D-baugh's "above reproach" comment being misinterpreted.

With the local DA's in his back pocket what he meant was "We are above the law!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":2fjmuh93 said:
Who cares if this bum plays, he certainly hasn't made a difference when he does.
Agreed, but the point is how "friendly the DA's and prosecutors are" down there to their 9'ers. Makes one wonder how much money/suites are being exchanged. I wonder Mac's baby mama has been paid off to keep quiet?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
C'mon Hernia you know dawn well the only reason you're taking this position is because you're a Hawk fan. It's not defending the 49ers it's defending due process, if some woman out of the blue accused you of DV falsely I don't think you should be sent home from your job until t he investigation was complete either.

Say what you want but none of us know enough about what happened to be passing judgment.

Weadoption

Reaction score
When the Hawks reach legacy team status then I'm sure their DA will look the other way too if one of them happens to either crash their spaceship or beats on one of their cyborg wives.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled up legacy in a online search it pulled up obituaries and outdated stuff. I wanted to go all iRO on you but turns out you were probably using the term correctly. We will take this moment to mourn your team that was great 20 years ago pre salary cap.

Weadoption

Reaction score
No need to look online, the legacy team rationalizationspeak was invented here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports · 6m6 minutes ago
49ers DE Ray McDonald will not face domestic violence charges. The Santa Clara DA cites insufficient evidence: http://tw.nbcsports.com/Fna

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 18m 18 minutes ago

Santa Clara DA interoffice memo on why there are no charges for Ray McDonald: “Both parties state Jane Doe struck Ray McDonald first…”

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 17m 17 minutes ago

Santa Clara DA on McDonald… “Injuries consistent with restraint & ensuing scuffle rather than an attack.” They cannot prove a crime occurred

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 15m 15 minutes ago

Final word from Santa Clara DA on McDonald: “Left with insufficient evidence, it is not permissible by policy or by law to charge a crime.”

Marvin49

Reaction score
FINALLY. Details.

http://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroom ... ence-.aspx

"The incident happened in the early morning of August 31 during a birthday party McDonald threw for himself at his San Jose home. An investigation determined that, during an argument, Jane Doe struck McDonald, who then tried to physically restrain her. The two scuffled. McDonald then forcibly attempted to remove her from the home. At 2:39 a.m. McDonald called a San Jose police officer, saying he needed to get “a female” out of his house. Two minutes later, Jane Doe called 911, resulting in McDonald’s arrest.

The legal and factual analysis by the District Attorney's Office, fully described in a public memo included with this release, determined the incident consisted of a physical struggle between two parties, each party blaming the other, no verifiable eyewitness accounts, and no one left with significant injuries. The only prior police-involved incident between the couple was an unsubstantiated report in May that Jane Doe fired a weapon into the ground during an argument with McDonald."

EDIT:
"Conflicting versions of the incident, a lack of verifiable eyewitnesses, and a significant lack of cooperation by Jane Doe, left investigators uncertain exactly what happened. Left with insufficient evidence, it is not permissible - by policy or law - to charge a crime."

Marvin49

Reaction score
More details...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/da-mcdo ... d-politics

"Because both parties state that Jane Doe struck first, and because her injuries are consistent with restraint of her arms and then a continuing struggle, the People will not be able to convince twelve jurors unanimously and with proof beyond a reasonable doubt that McDonald did not act in self defense. Therefore, we cannot prove a crime occurred."

"The fact that the appropriate charging decision is clear does not make it simple or easy. Facts surrounding the incident remain unknown despite extensive investigation. Jane Doe’s decision not to cooperate further with the investigation and the lack of eyewitnesses has left critical gaps in the evidence."