RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

bighawk

Reaction score
Lacy's job is to pound the defense into submission and Rawls and Prosise to break long runs or just enough to seal games. As long as Lacy is doing his job then i will be happy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
austinslater25":1r4qjwl6 said:
Rob I hope all is well! I wasn't real excited about Lacy but as time goes by I like it more and more and I have a feeling he has a resurgence and is a big contributor this year.

I hate it more and more each day, so I'm happy others are balancing it out. :lol:

DJrmb

Reaction score
So every time I'm hearing Pete talk about the addition of Lacy and the RB's he always brings up Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise. Pretty consistently just those 3. Will Alex Collins make this team or is his ride over already?

iigakusei

Reaction score
DJrmb":29p8bz3o said:
So every time I'm hearing Pete talk about the addition of Lacy and the RB's he always brings up Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise. Pretty consistently just those 3. Will Alex Collins make this team or is his ride over already?
Tough call isn't it. Collins is fine but he doesn't do anything really well. Average at best in all areas. That said if they truly are committed to running the ball this year it might make sense to carry 4 rb's, especially with Rawls and Prosise injury history. I really do think Prosise is going to be a major contributor as a receiver if he can stay healthy. I think you will see a lot of him motioning out as a receiver, maybe even in two back sets with Lacy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DJrmb":367gqv3p said:

Lacy makes Collins pretty redundant. I can see him maybe landing on the practice squad though.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/847925755128369152[/tweet]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
iigakusei":25qjkj0f said:
DJrmb":25qjkj0f said:
Tough call isn't it. Collins is fine but he doesn't do anything really well. Average at best in all areas. That said if they truly are committed to running the ball this year it might make sense to carry 4 rb's, especially with Rawls and Prosise injury history. I really do think Prosise is going to be a major contributor as a receiver if he can stay healthy. I think you will see a lot of him motioning out as a receiver, maybe even in two back sets with Lacy.

I agree with carrying 4 rbs. I think that when we run the rock that much, there are gonna be things we will not see coming and we need backup for those occasions. Not so much rbbc, but refresh from the first half to the second half. We are not a ratings for 2 rbs to get 5000 yds a season. We are a team that uses the run to set up everything else. 3 sets, rotate, 3 sets rotate. I think that is what we would really like to do. Skillsets aside that is.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1nlcf5lp said:
iigakusei":1nlcf5lp said:
DJrmb":1nlcf5lp said:

I agree with carrying 4 rbs. I think that when we run the rock that much, there are gonna be things we will not see coming and we need backup for those occasions. Not so much rbbc, but refresh from the first half to the second half. We are not a ratings for 2 rbs to get 5000 yds a season. We are a team that uses the run to set up everything else. 3 sets, rotate, 3 sets rotate. I think that is what we would really like to do. Skillsets aside that is.

5 (including FB) is pretty much SOP isn't it?

iigakusei

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":16eoxq6d said:
Seahawkfan80":16eoxq6d said:
iigakusei":16eoxq6d said:
DJrmb":16eoxq6d said:

Yes maybe you are right. I always thought that 3 rb's and 1 fb was the norm but couldn't remember.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1lkx8p9x said:
Seahawkfan80":1lkx8p9x said:
iigakusei":1lkx8p9x said:
DJrmb":1lkx8p9x said:

Usually, yes. But they made what I think was a mistake in going with just four backs and not carrying a fullback at the start of last season. The running game didn't really start to click until they added a fullback again with Tukuafu and especially Reece.