RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

nash72

Reaction score
bigskydoc":38z41yii said:
nash72":38z41yii said:
No I meant I would have rather sweetened the pot for Lang to improve the line rather than signing Lacy at all. Throw another 2M towards Lang and still have money left.

1) You don't overpay a guy using money you have left.

2) Lang said in an interview that he gave GB and Detroit the opportunity to match. Then signed with Detroit. He may NOT have given Seattle the opportunity to match again. He may just have said that is about as much as I will make and if so even if Seattle matches or goes slightly higher than I go to Detroit.

What do you mean you dont overpay people with money we have? We just extremely overpaid for Jokel (my new name for him). With the cap space we had left, we could have offered Lang a few million more, not signed the luxury that is Lacy, and ended up with an actual player that would have improved the line and still saved a little cash. Now if Seattle was the bar setter for Lang and he refused a counter offer than its all a moot point.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ptisme":2fvynu8g said:
When he's overweight he has ZERO Elusiveness and goes down on the first hit... Further he has multiple lower extremity injuries at that weight.... Otherwise, hell of a back.
Disclosure: I've watched every game he's ever played as a pro.

Tis what I read a lot, A LOT, on your guys chat. At least the one chat I go to. I see this is common over there. Thanks for the input sir.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I went back and watched all of Lacy's runs from last season before his injury. He looked phenomenal. He was in good shape, powerful and explosive through the hole, ran through tackles, fell forward, and generally finished runs with aggression. He seems to be at his best when he is allowed enough carries to establish a rhythm, which did not happen enough in pass-first Green Bay. Once he finishes his ankle rehab and rounds himself back into shape, he should be a real beast for us.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I just saw a pic if Lacy signing his contract, the dude carries 267 well. If he loses 20 lbs, he will be in good shape.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seymour":3886oq26 said:
Lets face it guys. Lang played us like a fiddle. I no longer have an issue with Pete handing of Lang after the untold story came out. I wanted him priority 1, and was bothered we didn't go after him first (I still doubt Joeckel), but now I don't think it matters.
Right up to the twitter move and liking the Seahawks to grab attention and get Detroit to go all in on counter offer, we got used. Anything close, and he's a Lion.

I'll agree it's best to move on. Done and gone with Lang.
Give the man a cookie. I knew we lost out the second he left town. It was Jared Allen 2.0.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
nash72":31yvebeb said:
What do you mean you dont overpay people with money we have? We just extremely overpaid for Jokel (my new name for him). With the cap space we had left, we could have offered Lang a few million more, not signed the luxury that is Lacy, and ended up with an actual player that would have improved the line and still saved a little cash. Now if Seattle was the bar setter for Lang and he refused a counter offer than its all a moot point.

Your quotes are messed up. It's Mikeak's post that you are responding to.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":164fgoh5 said:
I just saw a pic if Lacy signing his contract, the dude carries 267 well. If he loses 20 lbs, he will be in good shape.

That's because that reported 267 was ludicrous. And anyone who wants to believe a Wisconsin based journalist who had to phrase that "one of three of the teams" had Lacy at 267. Is just hearsay and click bait.

It could have been true like 2-3 months ago or the weight Lacy was at when he did his end of season physical mid-January, when Lacy was in the thick of his ankle rehab. 99% sure that unnamed team is most likely the Packers.

But photos and videos from 3-5 weeks ago on Lacy' s IG, and the ones coming out now shows a guy who is definately out of shape but looks closer to 250 than he does 270.

I just don't know how anyone can see that 267 number and just take it as immediate fact. Every report about it only sites McGinn' s tweet. Let's just believe what one guy says without waiting for any other source to vet the claim. It's the media world we live in now.

Seymour

Reaction score
267 is only 27 lbs over his playing weight per Pete. That is not going to jump out at you in a clothed pic. One report only may or may not be true, who knows. What is important is per Pete he noted they will work with him to get him where he needs to be, and he also noted the rehab had an effect on his condition. Clearly that means he came in not in game shape. Be it 20 lbs or 27 lbs., I don't see the difference it makes to us. Point is, not ready yet, but plenty of time to get ready still.

skater18000

Reaction score
Per Jason La Canfora: SEA deal w/Eddie Lacy includes $385K in weight bonuses, $1M tied to weekly roster bonuses and $1.3M in not likely to be earned incentives...

Rob12

Reaction score
10a17fa6b9c3726b19f8e5a31be0888a.jpg

He doesn't look overly 'fat' to me. He's a big back who will trim down before the season starts. That's a picture from today, BTW.

Many of the replies here (like Seymour's) remind me why I don't come here much anymore.

Welcome to Seattle, Eddie! I'm expecting great things.

chris98251

Reaction score
I like that he even took the time to do that little Vid, nice shout out to the fans and the dude wants to be part of something more then just money, arrogant people don't reach out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was just gonna' post that same vid. In what world is this fat and out shape? As usual, the media blows something massively out of proportion :roll:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Like I said above, the unnamed team is most likely the Packers. And that 267 number probably isn't false, most likely it was the weight Lacy was at when the Packers did thier exit physicals back in January. A little less than 2 months ago, when Lacy was just finishing or about finishing up the grunt of his ankle rehab.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":19obk57l said:
I like that he even took the time to do that little Vid, nice shout out to the fans and the dude wants to be part of something more then just money, arrogant people don't reach out.

Yep. And I finally went through and watched some highlight vids of him. I had forgotten how talented the dude is. He has good patience, excellent feet, wide stance, and for around 240 to 250, the dude can fly. There are very few people that want anything to do with this dude one on one. I saw DB's running away like they used to with lynch. Btw, not comparing him to lunch, it's just true.

I am excited. This could be a huge signing. Whoever keeps saying stuff like this guy has no talent, is dead wrong. Even more, I think they are just pouting because they didn't land the linemen we wanted.

Latest posts