RB movements and adjustments under Schottenheimer and Solari

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'll have to look more, but a player who can be your Move TE (h-back) and FB with these kinds of receiving skills might be worth a 7th or even 6th rounder. It makes a difference on your active gameday roster.

[youtube]IPW_cRxKehc[/youtube]

Edit: Actually, if he runs in the 4.6s then he's definitely worth a 6th. A guy who can be your #2 TE and FB that can run is really valuable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looks like a baller. And super cocky. He'd fit right in w/the Hawks :irishdrinkers:
The Dab was stupid though :)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah. Hey, I know you like Guice too and while I don't think he's worth a high investment round pick, I gotta admit, I want to see how fast and quick he is at 224. Really curious about that...

chris98251

Reaction score
Not the 40 I am interested in, it's the 10 yard numbers, get good numbers there and everything after is gravy, start and accelerate time is a RB's bread and butter as well as breaking tackles after contact.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'm watching live on my phone, but they're still only showing OL drills.

It looks like Barkley just showed a 41 inch vert. I think the record is 43...set by Christine Michael.

Edit: record for RBs specifically.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Charley Casserly is so useless. Barkley with the best time so far at 4.41 at 233 pounds. Casserly says 4.28 by his watch.

Ballage at 4.46.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Official 40 times have come in. Not a lot of surprises to me really other than I didn't expect Guice to run a 4.49 and Michel to run a 4.54. I figured those would be the other way around. I'm still very much interested in 10 and 20 yard splits. Michel also didn't jump the vert either. Not sure why.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":d15rl1q9 said:
Charley Casserly is so useless. Barkley with the best time so far at 4.41 at 233 pounds. Casserly says 4.28 by his watch.

Ballage at 4.46.

What was Casserly’s official time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vin.couve12

Reaction score
toffee":26cul31y said:
vin.couve12":26cul31y said:

Ballage at 4.46.

What was Casserly’s official time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably 72.3 seconds. He's just that competent.

12forlife

Reaction score
While I wish this team was in a position to take a Guice or Michel. With this draft being so deep in RB talent, and already having Carson. I hope we are able to trade down collect more draft capital, and grab a RB to pair with Carson like Penny or Ballage. Ballage really looked good today, and his true measurables really fit the bill. Penny paired with Carson intrigue me as well tacklers seen to slide of him, plus he is dangerous in the return game, where he could take over duties for Lockett, how hasn't been the same (to many fare catches) since his injury.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's pretty difficult to see where these guys are projected to go. The draft stocks for Penny and Ballage just went up, but it that enough in the eyes of some teams to take either before Michel, Chubbs or Freeman?

I'm almost certain we trade down and get multiple picks. Waiting until the 3rd round seems fine. Waiting until the 4th might not be. Could Penny, Ballage, or Freeman still be there in the 4th? I think it's important to remember that frenzies tend to happen at positions. If two teams start taking running backs in the 2nd or 3rd...the position itself is going to start coming off the board really fast and you have to dip in or lose out.

I was really wanting to see John Kelly run today, but he didn't. In reading further into him today, he had gotten suspended for an MJ incident and it begs the question about him playing in a legalized state.

I'm not the biggesr fan of Bo Scarborough, but he did really well for himself today. I don't think we go that route, but I can't rule it out because he'll really show up on SPARQ scores.

Dimitri Flowers ran a 4.83 so I wouldn't think we'd draft him for that hybrid FB/2TE role I was talking about. He'll go undrafted.

Ronald Jones II pulled a hammy on his run. I watched it and he pulled up, but kept running anyway. Take his 4.65 and throw it out. He'll run much faster than that when healthy. Probably in the low 4.4s

Might have more thoughts on this later.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Listened to the PC press conf again during a specific part and I caught something.

“Well, we’re really excited about Chris – he didn’t do anything we weren’t excited about,” Carroll explained. “Style of running, nature, tough, physical, explosive, great catcher, and a very, very advanced blocker for a first-year guy in the league. We just loved everything he did.

“I’m really excited to get him back into it . . . really excited to see the battle and Chris has got a place there.”

That last part where he says he has a place (technically said it twice) sticks out to me. Reason being is that even if Davis returns, we don't have a back on the roster that can realistically challenge Carson for the starting spot.It suggests that there is a direct intent to add someone who can.

It probably doesn't convey here, but it seems quite clear in the video.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2dq7alur said:
Listened to the PC press conf again during a specific part and I caught something.

“Well, we’re really excited about Chris – he didn’t do anything we weren’t excited about,” Carroll explained. “Style of running, nature, tough, physical, explosive, great catcher, and a very, very advanced blocker for a first-year guy in the league. We just loved everything he did.

“I’m really excited to get him back into it . . . really excited to see the battle and Chris has got a place there.”

That last part where he says he has a place (technically said it twice) sticks out to me. Reason being is that even if Davis returns, we don't have a back on the roster that can realistically challenge Carson for the starting spot.It suggests that there is a direct intent to add someone who can.

It probably doesn't convey here, but it seems quite clear in the video.

I didn't see it that way, I see it as they have their guy and are excited to see what he can bring when he is healthy, he also said all of the guys healthy again. I would take it to mean that they really are not worried about the RB position if healthy, saying that forget a high pick for a RB in the draft. They like their current stable if they are healthy, he spent a whole lot more time talking about the O line and subtle changes and communication as well as elevating the relationship with Wilson thru Schotty.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think Carson is the immediate starter no matter who they draft sans Barkley (obviously not) so I can see why you'd go that direction.

Lemme ask this: Could you hear the original question that Pete was asked? I can't make it out on the video and there isn't a transcript that I can easily google. Pete has a sort of configuration to how he responds to certain things.

Latest posts