RB movements and adjustments under Schottenheimer and Solari

chris98251

Reaction score
I am going off memory but I thought it was led by how is Carson coming along. Which led to the health of the whole running back stable and what the bring and etc etc etc.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":1tv7w0ky said:
I am going off memory but I thought it was led by how is Carson coming along. Which led to the health of the whole running back stable and what the bring and etc etc etc.
Ah, yeah I don't think there is any reason to doubt that Carson won't even be ready for camps. Even weeks ago he was sprinting and cutting on a dime AFTER the setback. Dude clearly takes care of himself well beyond the average NFL player. Probably has a workout addiction even.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1zuvj192 said:
chris98251":1zuvj192 said:
Ah, yeah I don't think there is any reason to doubt that Carson won't even be ready for camps. Even weeks ago he was sprinting and cutting on a dime AFTER the setback. Dude clearly takes care of himself well beyond the average NFL player. Probably has a workout addiction even.

No reason to doubt Carson will be ready for camp. but there's every reason to accept Carson will not be as quick or fast even with rehab. He was 4.58 at the combine, he could be a 4.65 or 4.7 or so guy next season. Still serviceable but just not quite the same, at least he would have to develop a way to compensate for the lack of quickness.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Doesn't quite work that way although it does depend on the severity of the injury. Rawls' original injury was worse, but Rawls also isn't the workout warrior thst Carson is. I've also seen video of Carson sprintin and cutting since and he's still explosive. To clarify, I'm not talking about a 40 time, but I would argue that there won't be any effects there either. Ankle and leg injuries affect explosion and cutting more than anything else.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ect2m83 said:
Doesn't quite work that way although it does depend on the severity of the injury. Rawls' original injury was worse, but Rawls also isn't the workout warrior thst Carson is. I've also seen video of Carson sprintin and cutting since and he's still explosive. To clarify, I'm not talking about a 40 time, but I would argue that there won't be any effects there either. Ankle and leg injuries affect explosion and cutting more than anything else.

IF $$ is right, wouldn't mind having Frank Gore in for a season or two as a backup and mentor for youngsters. What can be better than being mentored by a future HOFer? Frank sure now how to avoid injury.

chris98251

Reaction score
So get rid of ageing vets people wanted to shove out the door in Bennett and Sherman and bring in a ageing Vet whose skills are more eroded then either of the other two. Sounds like something we would do.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Prosise is going to be the guy assuming they don't draft someone early. Carson/Prosise combination with a revamped and improving line and I think the running game will be fine. I think I've said this elsewhere but I don't fault anyone for having zero faith in Prosise because he's earned that. IF he's healthy though I still think the team views him as a huge part of their plans.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
austinslater25":3sio60da said:
Prosise is going to be the guy assuming they don't draft someone early. Carson/Prosise combination with a revamped and improving line and I think the running game will be fine. I think I've said this elsewhere but I don't fault anyone for having zero faith in Prosise because he's earned that. IF he's healthy though I still think the team views him as a huge part of their plans.
Both Carson and Prosise might have lost a step after injuries. Not sure they would be the ideal 1-2 punch. We must draft a future workhorse, and sign an inexpensive vet like Murray as insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
toffee":2vghtqj2 said:
austinslater25":2vghtqj2 said:
Both Carson and Prosise might have lost a step after injuries. Not sure they would be the ideal 1-2 punch. We must draft a future workhorse, and sign an inexpensive vet like Murray as insurance.

You do seem to like Murray.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Saying that drafting Chris Carson was a bust is not an accurate assessment at all. Every RB that tried to make anything happen behind our offensive line the past 3 years all ended up being train wrecks to include Marshawn Lynch. I still think it’s why he retired from Seattle before he was really ready to. It was frustrating and embarrassing for him to say the least, not to mention the fact that he and every other RB were breaking their bodies up trying to make something happen in the running game.

I think you could have taken Lacy, Rawls, Lynch, Carson, Davis, Procise, and the rest of these guys behind a decent Oline and the results in production and reduction in injuries would be day and night, and will be day and night if we can get it fixed.
We have some highly talented RB’s still in our lineup, to recruit another one would be a waste of money and talent. This fits the definition of insanity to the T.

Fix the Oline, you fix the run game. Davis and Carson can easily split the lions share of the running assignments, with whatever other RB’s we kept in the mix, just to keep the defenses honest. As for a failed experiment at RB, CJ takes the trophy hands down, no contest. He is a phenom player but he is an accident waiting to happen, his body just doesn’t seem to be able to take the beating that the pro’s deal out.

I’ll go a step further, and won’t be offended or surprised if I don’t get any support, but I still think that Thomas Rawls could or would prove to be the animal we all saw at RB a few seasons ago, before we got rid of Max Unger and our line went into the crapper.

If we haven’t dumped him yet, and can keep him cheap enough, it might not be to crazy to think, if we can assemble an Oline that can actually support a running game, that Thomas might still have some fireworks left in his game. You have to love the guy, nobody ever came on to the field ready to fight to the death for his team like Rawl’s does.

There it is, I said my piece, let the debates continue. I don’t expect anyone or everyone to agree with me. There are a million ways to interpret what was wrong with us the past few seasons. It is hard to argue our Oline was a hurting unit and sorely in need of help all around. I think almost equal to that mess was the detioration of our defense as well, albeit most of that occurred in this last season, with key players out injured, or playing with significant injuries, and letting our opponents score way to many points for Russell Wilson and our broken Oline to overcome on way to many occasions.

I remember thinking to myself in way to many games, how badly I felt for Russell, when he would do everything he could to try and get us out of there with a wind, only to have the defense let our opponent score again just when it looked like we might just pull it off, and even worse when the opponents finally recognized that Sheen was playing injured and started targeting what was one our strongest element on our defense, and instead finding success and points on the board going in that direction.

We needed lots of help and we got it in the off-season, look for the return of a Seahawks team we recognize in 2018 - 2019.

Go Seahawks!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Under Schotty maybe they utilize the FB and TE position properly. I believe Schotty was the Rams OC when Benny Cunningham was a tremendous weapon as FB for them. Cunningham had some good games vs. Seahawks too. Jared Cook was the TE that did well under Schotty. Hopefully this helps the offense regain some form moving forward.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
NJlargent":18mwge6r said:
Forget Guice. We need to draft OL. Should be fairly obvious that it needs to be addressed as we are not going anywhere with the current lineup.

That would be foolish. It takes years these days for O-linemen to develop into true pros. College doesn't train em like they used to

Latest posts