RB Needed: The kind defenders don't want to tackle.

drrew

Reaction score
Some of the combine measurements are starting to trickle out and some of these RBs have some real size

Fournette - 240lbs
Conner - 233lbs
Foreman - 233lbs
Perrine - 233lbs

For me, the 40 times won't matter too much, I'll be interested to see what sort of agility numbers these guys put up at those weights.

ivotuk

Reaction score
drrew":2xvm5a4d said:
Some of the combine measurements are starting to trickle out and some of these RBs have some real size

Fournette - 240lbs
Conner - 233lbs
Foreman - 233lbs
Perrine - 233lbs

For me, the 40 times won't matter too much, I'll be interested to see what sort of agility numbers these guys put up at those weights.

Thanks for the info. THose are some big boys! Fournette, wow. I wonder if he's going to be a Stephen Jackson type, big bruiser, good, not great career unless he ends up on a run first team.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd like the Hawks swinging a deal with the Titans for Derrick Henry...maybe send our 3rd round pick (26) and a CB ( Stanley or Desir. I know they need Safety and CB and with Earls available be hesitant to send Shead in a trade.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2njq2ngj said:
If Joe Williams, Utah RB, is in this draft, then he would be a good option as well. Runs hard and fast.

Yes, please. Very explosive & difficult player to tackle. East Coast media doesn't seem to know about him. He would excite me in the later rounds.

[youtube]hvdmL0aCeZQ[/youtube]

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2g4xh1dq said:
hawkfan68":2g4xh1dq said:
If Joe Williams, Utah RB, is in this draft, then he would be a good option as well. Runs hard and fast.

Yes, please. Very explosive & difficult player to tackle. East Coast media doesn't seem to know about him. He would excite me in the later rounds.

[youtube]hvdmL0aCeZQ[/youtube]

Has anyone read into the whole Joe Williams saga? Dude has a ton of red flags. I don't think Pete would even let him compete on this team because he quit on his team in Utah. One of the things that is extremely important to Pete is loving the game and one of the most important things to this team in the locker room is "Love your Brother" or playing for one another.

It goes further back than the weird retirement thing last year too. Back in HS Williams was getting in trouble for theft and shoplifting, nearly squandering his scholarship offer to UConn. He ended up having to go to a military school to get focused and get his grades up in order to make it into UConn. Then while at UConn he gets caught with a stolen credit card and gets kicked off the team. It doesn't seem like this guy has everything together upstairs.

Quote from one of his coaches: http://www.sltrib.com/home/2821282-155/utah-football-after-trouble-at-uconn
He was an outgoing and eminently likable kid, said former coach Joe Bottiglieri, but he was drawn by new clothes and other indulgences. He didn't always listen. He made poor choices.

I would pass on him in the draft. Maybe he's worth taking a look at as an UDFA, but I would struggle to ever feel comfortable putting him in a position I had to rely on him because it sounds like too many other things are more important to him.

kobebryant

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ecwlqrf said:
After watching all of those videos, Perine is def my favorite. He reminds me of an old San Diego running back, thick and hard to bring down. I want to say Tolman, but can't remember his name.

I really like Perine too.

Could it be Michael Turner perhaps? Similar physical dimensions

kobebryant

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":2a3qot5w said:
I'd like the Hawks swinging a deal with the Titans for Derrick Henry...maybe send our 3rd round pick (26) and a CB ( Stanley or Desir. I know they need Safety and CB and with Earls available be hesitant to send Shead in a trade.

I don't think the Titans would have any interest in trading someone they took in the 2nd round last year in exchange for a late 3rd rounder this year. Especially considering Henry didn't disappoint, doesn't have any off field issues, and Demarco Murray has some wear and tear on him.

drrew

Reaction score
Samaje Perine just put up 30 reps on the bench press. He has shortish arms, but that's still pretty incredible.

Would have put him in top 5 for offensive lineman at last years combine.

Tical21

Reaction score
Put me down for Joe Williams as well. That's the guy IMO. Gotta lay the gauntlet in the interview process. Maybe let Earl interview him.

Hell no on Foreman. Not explosive enough. Way too much wear on the tires already. Alex Collins duplicate.

Kamara intrigues me.

Tical21

Reaction score
I heard McCaffrey got like 9 reps and struggled through the last 6. He'll be Danny Woodhead, but never a featured back.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
For Perine:

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 30 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

The 4.65 isn't really an issue for me. For reference, 4.65 is also what Rawls ran at the combine. Lesean McCoy ran a 4.62.

Rawls Combine numbers:

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 15 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 35.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Chris Carson's combine stuck out to me today. He's only 6'0 218 (very little body fat, however), but he runs with an attitude and could even go undrafted. His combine is as follows:

40 YARD DASH: 4.58 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 23 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 37.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 130.0 INCH

Might be worth a look in a camp where the position seems to drop like flies or you're left with Collins.

[youtube]BEwMQgwbAR0[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Oh, Haysoos Christo....check out these numbers:

At 217 pounds this guy goes:

40 YARD DASH: 4.59 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 18 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 28.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 113.0 INCH

So very much lacking in explosion even at 217.

DJrmb

Reaction score
vin.couve12":108gjsro said:

Who's numbers are these?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Joe Williams measured in at 5'11, 210 and ran a 4.41

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
DJrmb":1z4mnlld said:
vin.couve12":1z4mnlld said:

Who's numbers are these?
Collins at 217 pounds. Technically, Fournette had a vert at 28.5", but at 240 pounds and also put in a 4.51 40. He didn't bench and didn't test in the broad jump. To be fair, Neither Lynch nor AP had big verts, however.

The problem is that there has to be at least one thing that you excel at.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
CPHawk":3ahklkzx said:
Joe Williams measured in at 5'11, 210 and ran a 4.41
I'm just really not sure about Williams. His going AWOL and general questionable attitude could be a problem. Again, trying to be fair, maybe there was some sort of extenuating circumstances. If we went that direction I really couldn't be mad. There's quite a bit there that's like Freeman.