RB Needed: The kind defenders don't want to tackle.

lobohawk

Reaction score
As much as I don't like UNC, Hood has been a load. The only thing Limiting him was a pass happy coach. Wouldn't mind one of those thirds on him. Think he was 6' 220lbs....a heavy 220.

CPHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1i42cgry said:
CPHawk":1i42cgry said:
Joe Williams measured in at 5'11, 210 and ran a 4.41
I'm just really not sure about Williams. His going AWOL and general questionable attitude could be a problem. Again, trying to be fair, maybe there was some sort of extenuating circumstances. If we went that direction I really couldn't be mad. There's quite a bit there that's like Freeman.

Yeah, I don't like that he quit either, but when he plays there's a lot to like about his game. He also got booted from UConn for stealing. I'm sure Pete and JS will interview him and grill him on what happened there. If he's still sitting around come the 4th round, I'd love to snag him. He's got 2nd round talent, but the red flags will ding him for sure.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1qerhpct said:
Foreman is the best back that will be available in my opinion. Hopefully he is there in the third, and can be snagged with a comp pick. Probably a second rounder though. If there isn't a blue chip player that slides to 26, I wouldn't mind if they traded back and picked foreman in the second.

I had to amend this statement in a different thread also. I have overlooked Perine. This dude is a beast. He hits like a Mack truck. On the first highlight on the film I watched, the announcer compared him to earl Campbell.

With kamara and a couple of other guys having the day they did, I hope he falls to the third. I really like mcnichols too. And if foreman's foot is going to be good, he may slide to the end of the draft, or maybe even go undrafted.

This deserves its own paragraph. McCaffrey was flat out amazing to watch. His mechanics are flawless.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
run in shorts speed is different that running in pads/uniform speed. While the bigger guys like Perine, Conner, etc ran slower, I believe that they may have better football speed with pads on. From the highlights, it shows they have plenty enough speed.

I don't understand why the NFL scouting combine doesn't make the players wear pads. That's what they will be wearing on NFL game days. Let them run and work out in those. That would give the truest measure than working them out in shorts.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":80zxpwvh said:
Jimjones0384":80zxpwvh said:
Foreman is the best back that will be available in my opinion. Hopefully he is there in the third, and can be snagged with a comp pick. Probably a second rounder though. If there isn't a blue chip player that slides to 26, I wouldn't mind if they traded back and picked foreman in the second.

I had to amend this statement in a different thread also. I have overlooked Perine. This dude is a beast. He hits like a Mack truck. On the first highlight on the film I watched, the announcer compared him to earl Campbell.

With kamara and a couple of other guys having the day they did, I hope he falls to the third. I really like mcnichols too. And if foreman's foot is going to be good, he may slide to the end of the draft, or maybe even go undrafted.

This deserves its own paragraph. McCaffrey was flat out amazing to watch. His mechanics are flawless.
I certainly appreciate any opinion on a player because I know we all see different things. But, having watched every Foreman game I can find online and not just highlights...that comparison is way off. He does not play to his size in any way. He is a dancer in the backfield and does not run with power. When he gets going he is tough to bring down, but far too many times stuffed at LOS or 1 yard gain because he can't get going. Reminds me of a less athletic Shaun Alexander, with worse vision.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Carson's tape looks really good, an athletic freak. But one thing I noticed, he will need to learn how to switch hands with the ball. Saw him run to the left side several times in that video of him and not one time did he use he left hand to carry the ball. NFL defenses will eat that up

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
pcbball12":32xox0er said:
Jimjones0384":32xox0er said:
Jimjones0384":32xox0er said:

I certainly appreciate any opinion on a player because I know we all see different things. But, having watched every Foreman game I can find online and not just highlights...that comparison is way off. He does not play to his size in any way. He is a dancer in the backfield and does not run with power. When he gets going he is tough to bring down, but far too many times stuffed at LOS or 1 yard gain because he can't get going. Reminds me of a less athletic Shaun Alexander, with worse vision.
Yeah, I really don't know that I'm interested in Foreman. He's kind of a big, fast teddy bear.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":2sm79j18 said:
Carson's tape looks really good, an athletic freak. But one thing I noticed, he will need to learn how to switch hands with the ball. Saw him run to the left side several times in that video of him and not one time did he use he left hand to carry the ball. NFL defenses will eat that up

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He might be worth a look, but there's also a good chance he'll be a 7th rounder/undrafted. Low risk/high reward type if you can get anything out of him. And now that I say that....sounds kind of Seahawk mold kind of scenario....

chris98251

Reaction score
Problem with a lot of highlights is they show big runs, I want to see the runs where they may get 10 yds or runs that start looking like nothing and end up being good gainers, one's where defenders are bouncing off the running back or being stiff armed into the ground. That's the kind of back I hope we find, just not many highlights of those types, a lot of the favorites this year have some size yet I don't see them punishing defenders with it, looks like a lot of Shaun Alexander types, which won't cut it on this team where you have to withstand the first contact and keep going.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team now has 9 RBs under contract and now that guy that is hard to tackle in Lacy.

I Suspect the team will only draft a RB very late or not at all this draft.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If we can get Joe Williams in the 6th round, that would be a coup. Rawls, Prosise, and Lacy all have a history of injuries. Rawls is in the final year of his deal. And Lacy is just a one-year rental for now.

I think they definitely should target a high-upside RB in the later rounds or trade down for more picks to take a RB in rounds four through six. It's a critical position for us.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3mijm1gi said:
Chris Carson's combine stuck out to me today. He's only 6'0 218 (very little body fat, however), but he runs with an attitude and could even go undrafted. His combine is as follows:

40 YARD DASH: 4.58 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 23 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 37.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 130.0 INCH

Might be worth a look in a camp where the position seems to drop like flies or you're left with Collins.

[youtube]BEwMQgwbAR0[/youtube]
Well, got one of em at least....