RB position with Prosise and Rawls coming back

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Prosise and Collins are essentially redshirted for all intents and purposes. They are both developmental backs that provide some, much needed, depth. With the addition of Spiller, I don't see either making huge contributions until next year, unless we have further injury at the position.

It's yet another position where Pete is applying the developmental college model to the draft. Draft for the future and develop. It hasn't been particularly successful with the offensive line, but I bet it will be with this position

IndyHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2mz9dtdy said:
Prosise and Collins are essentially redshirted for all intents and purposes. They are both developmental backs that provide some, much needed, depth. With the addition of Spiller, I don't see either making huge contributions until next year, unless we have further injury at the position.

It's yet another position where Pete is applying the developmental college model to the draft. Draft for the future and develop. It hasn't been particularly successful with the offensive line, but I bet it will be with this position
I hope so..It didn't work at first with CMike though and Rawls never needed that

getnasty

Reaction score
No need for Spiller once Prosise gets back. I think Prosise is gonna be electric when he gets back.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Prosise and Rawls end up on IR...don't think either will be healthy this year. Likely something to look at drafting again for depth.

King Dog

Reaction score
getnasty":3tq2r4ju said:
No need for Spiller once Prosise gets back. I think Prosise is gonna be electric when he gets back.
I disagree. Prosise has shown squat in the NFL.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Spiller was (sort of) this years Fred Jackson acquisition. IMO he has already surpassed what we got out of Fred. Cheap, effective and sounds like he loves it here so far. Procise and Collins will be kept around for certain, but in the short term (barring more injuries) there isn't going to be a full time spot for either of them.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Prosise isn't getting cut. There's no way that happens, but he does have a lot of catching up to do if he wants to get any real reps with Michael and Spiller leading the way.

There are still big plans for him in the future though, and there should be. I thought he reminded me a little bit of Ricky Watters in the draft given being a former WR and almost identical measurements and combine along with the same spin move and burst, and general running style.

Looking forward to next year, Rawls will still be on his rookie contract and I'd kind of be surprised if he starts over Michael at any point this year. Michael and Spiller will be up for contracts, but given that Spiller isn't a lead type of back, Michael should get a contract where he could be making 3-4 million or so on a 3 year contract with maybe a year and a half of gauranteed money. He probably gets 1100 yards and 10 TDs this year. Maybe more. Spiller probably walks with his new ring, and his protege, Prosise, finally becomes a bigger part of the offense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Before you guys rush Prosise to IR, remember CJ Spiller is more fragile than Percy Harvin.

I like the guy, but let's be serious here. We need Spiller insurance

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not that it matters, but McKinnon was the guy that was actually pretty close to Ladanian Thomlinson and Christine Michael in terms of SPARQ score for running backs.

I think Michael was a 152.something where Thomlinson was 149.something and McKinnon 147.

I kind of wondered if the Vikes were in any real trouble with him in there in what...his third year maybe?

I'll see if I can find it.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I have my crystal ball in front of me, here is what it says:

Cmike and rawls take us into post season. Cmike stays healthy, Rawls has a multi game injury just before the postseason. Spiller gets injured here and there, misses a game or 2, but nothing major this year. Prosise comes back, but gets injured again before post season. Collins stays healthy, but remains lackluster. We go into postseason with cmike, spiller and collins.

Off season/preseason next year: Micheal plays well and stays healthy. FO wants to keep him, but another team offers more than we are willing to pay and he goes elsewhere. Rawls is our number 1 and is able to start next year healthy, but his overall ability to stay on the field all season is questionable so we draft a brutal runner with attitude. Maybe rough on technique but stable on his feet. Prosise is still here, but is more of a role player than an actual running back. Returns, reception plays, tricky stuff. CJ signs elsewhere. Collins is either on the practice squad or goes elsewhere. We pick up a couple either late round or UDFA backs to give a shot to.

The ball might be wrong, but this is what it says.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think spiller will get more time than procise by far and that procise will be used like Richardson... Just when you've completely forgotten about him he gets dialed up for a big play look.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
HawkerD":26c94c1k said:
I could see Collins getting waived and maybe get on the PS. From what I have seen from him there are a lot of his type around the league and even on the street.
That weird Alex Collins fan will have a heart attack if that's the case lol

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":5hdfqppt said:
I would "redshirt" Prosise.

Keep him on the roster but only use for emergency. He had a hamstring issue in preseason and now a broken wrist. A hamstring strain seems to be an injury that always affects a player, especially an RB, through an entire season. Not sure the severity of his, but I've seen too many NFL players rendered ineffective for an entire year because of an early-season hamstring issue. On top of that, a broken wrist for a pass-catching RB is basically the last thing you want to see.

I understand completely, but you know that's not going to happen.

Ozzy

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1zro1z54 said:
The third down stuff is really where it gets interesting when those Prosise comes back, I agree. Spiller has a ton of experience with it, but Michael has become a monster of a pass blocker to the point where he's cleanly winning against 3-4 OLBs and you can see the trust earned there by RW. He also had 5 catches yesterday as well. Then on top of all of that you have Prosise and I'm sure Pete still has plans for him.

The expectation is indeed that Collins ends up on the PS for me, but one injury changes that and we're still weeks away from Rawls coming back and still trying to get his feet under him to boot. Things can change, but we won't keep 5.

I Couldn't agree more. People love to pick on Michael's pass protection but he is far and away the best on the team in this regard. He doesn't just hit his assignments he actually punishes incoming linebackers at times. He has gotten much better in this regard.

I have no idea what they will do but I know they are excited about Prosise and Spiller. Going to be an interesting development going forward.

nash72

Reaction score
King Dog":ksw9tkce said:
I think Prosise is gonna take a back seat to Spiller. Those hands on the td catch and speed on that third and forever run look real promising.

Agreed

ACFan

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2g2xy4yz said:
HawkerD":2g2xy4yz said:
I could see Collins getting waived and maybe get on the PS. From what I have seen from him there are a lot of his type around the league and even on the street.
That weird Alex Collins fan will have a heart attack if that's the case lol

not worried about AC being waived in the least, his time will come.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Collins seems like a distinct possibility to be cut once Rawls comes back. Collins MIGHT be effective if he is getting 18+ carries and can do some grinding, but he is going to give this team nothing with 2 or 3 carries per game. He is just too slow. You want your change of pace RB to have some explosiveness so he can make the most of his limited opportunities. If Rawls and Michael are healthy, it is gonna be hard enough to divide early down carries between them. It likewise will be hard to divide change of pace catches and carries between Prosise and Spiller. No room or use for Collins.

Even if they cut him and cannot get him on the practice squad, 220 lb plodding RBs are a dime a dozen. They can find another guy that can do the same things as Collins with a moment's notice.

GLio14

Reaction score
Having Spiller on this team is huge for us. I'm OK with parting ways with Collins if he doesn't pass through waivers. If he makes it to PS, then great; but I never got the hype behind him, besides hearing Salk constantly gush over him.

Spiller is a good guy to have. It didn't work out in NO because of Ingram being the #1 guy and he got lost in the fold with guys like Khiry Robinson (he's not with them anymore) and Travaris Cadet taking over.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
GLio14":22indc6f said:
Spiller is a good guy to have. It didn't work out in NO because of Ingram being the #1 guy and he got lost in the fold with guys like Khiry Robinson (he's not with them anymore) and Travaris Cadet taking over.

It didn't work out in NO because he's often injured. When he's been healthy he's produced, its just he hasn't been healthy very often.

That alone is why Prosise and Collins aren't going away anytime soon

StoneCold

Reaction score
Bobblehead":11bhecvb said:
Sports Hernia":11bhecvb said:
I think we are going to look back at the CJ Spiller pick up at the end of a very successful year (hint, hint) and see what a "on the money move" that it was. A veteran back with speed that still "has it" and you are adding that to a real young RB crew.

It's going to pay off big time with in that young RB room.
Well, the big thing is CMike. It's likely he's gone, so keeping both CJ's is likely, especially if Spiller excels.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Are you saying that CMike will be let go this year?

Latest posts