RB position with Prosise and Rawls coming back

johnnyfever

Reaction score
StoneCold":mu0hubcr said:
Bobblehead":mu0hubcr said:
Sports Hernia":mu0hubcr said:
I think we are going to look back at the CJ Spiller pick up at the end of a very successful year (hint, hint) and see what a "on the money move" that it was. A veteran back with speed that still "has it" and you are adding that to a real young RB crew.

It's going to pay off big time with in that young RB room.
Well, the big thing is CMike. It's likely he's gone, so keeping both CJ's is likely, especially if Spiller excels.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Are you saying that CMike will be let go this year?

I wouldn't say this year, but he is on track to have a pretty good year and other teams might offer what we can't pay. I think he really likes this team and these coaches, so if our offer is in the ballpark he stays. I just see him excelling to the point where we can't financially keep him and pay Rawls. This is if rawls stays healthy, which I have my doubts on. Hasn't made it half a season yet without a major bone breaking type injury. Our running style NEEDS durability. I love the way rawls runs, but if he is on the bench in a tshirt half a season, no good to us. I haven't written him off by any means, but his fibula fracture is unrelated to his ankle. If we see another devastating unrelated injury when he comes back this year it will be time to be concerned.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
King Dog":31k7gfid said:
getnasty":31k7gfid said:
No need for Spiller once Prosise gets back. I think Prosise is gonna be electric when he gets back.
I disagree. Prosise has shown squat in the NFL.

You say this like Spiller is the 2nd coming...he's had exactly 1 good year and is always injured, not to mention he's 29. Spiller is a great fit for now, but he's not the future either.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
With our OL solidifying over the next year, our receivers and QB grouped, our D is solid for the next year or so, what do you all think the chances are we go for a RB during the next draft and is there a RB that fits the Hawk mold out there that we would be interested in? If there is one, will there be a chance that he would last until, well, the 32nd spot?

getnasty

Reaction score
One catch and CJ Spiller is Marshall Faulk in his prime? Spiller won't be on the team if Rawls and Prosise are healthy.

King Dog

Reaction score
Timmahawk":1z7fct1s said:
King Dog":1z7fct1s said:
getnasty":1z7fct1s said:
No need for Spiller once Prosise gets back. I think Prosise is gonna be electric when he gets back.
I disagree. Prosise has shown squat in the NFL.

You say this like Spiller is the 2nd coming...he's had exactly 1 good year and is always injured, not to mention he's 29. Spiller is a great fit for now, but he's not the future either.

I did?

Latest posts