Real new UW Football Uniforms.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
UW doesn't have a big tradition to hang their hat on? That's all UW talks about, the tradition. Purple jersey, gold pants, gold helmet. Seems they wear that combo maybe once or twice a year now. Disappointing.

I don't like the black look at all, it doesn't look like UW. Some schools can pull it off, UW can even pull it off decently in basketball, but I've never thought it worked in football.

I actually like the white jerseys. A lot of the details and accents I couldn't really care about.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They don't need to change their uniforms. Stupid.

Focus on winning and screw the trendy crap.

Obviously I hate the changes.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't like them at all. I haven't really liked Washington's uniforms since the 2000 season, and a lot of other fans feel the same way. Washington has never had a consistent uniform, but one thing that's universally agreed among fans is purple jerseys, gold pants, and gold helmets at home and unfortunately they are not going with that. I like the more traditional gold, but the extra filling on the top of the numbers is tacky and the black sleeves speak for their own awfulness. If it's a ploy to attract potential recruits then they're probably recruiting the wrong types of players. USC's traditional uniforms since way back don't seem to cause any problems and the fans love them. So why can't Washington pay the same respect to their fans?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
To all the 14-18 year old looking at UW, they were negative 8 years old the last time the Huskies were National Champions. They don't care about tradition and if they do its because they were raised with that mindset.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":32v4o95b said:
They don't need to change their uniforms. Stupid.

Focus on winning and screw the trendy crap.

Obviously I hate the changes.
That was my first thought as well.

But Sark is gone, CP is here. Out with the old, in with the new. UW wants a clean break from Sark and that included his uniforms.

The players and recruits like them, so there's that. I'm fine with it now

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Looks like the Boise State coach brought the Boise State uniforms with him.

Pretty damn ugly.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I like them. I love the traditional unis as well, but I still like the new look. I really like the textured white helmet and the matte black. I would prefer wearing the gold helmet all the time, but in this day and age it just isn't going to happen. They may as well throw in purple pants too.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Don't know how to edit from the app. I was going to say, I will miss the stripe down the pants.