really impressed with Kaep

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ws57b8qz said:
Riley12":ws57b8qz said:
Yeah, Krapperdick is great when his line is grabbing D-Line jerseys and shoving them to the ground.

He plays his Brady/Manning card privileges to the fullest.
That tackle of Mebane on his 58 yard run was BS.

Kaepernick is a scary matchup, but not for quarterbacking reasons.

Exactly, not to complain but there were def holds on that play. It was a great play nonetheless. But other than that play - and a couple others - the 9ers consitently struggled to get offense and then he melted down in the 4th quarter.

Largent80

Reaction score
To me he is the polar opposite of Manning. If he couldn't run like he does he would be a back up somewhere. Manning can't run, but can throw like no other.

aawolf

Reaction score
This is the best praise I'll give him: I'd rather play Alex Smith any day of the week than have to face Kaepernick. Dude was their whole offense basically and marched down the field in the last quarter and almost killed us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The only thing that really impresses me is his pocket presence and how hard it is to tackle him.

You also don't see him take a lot of big shots when he's running, and when he does take one, he gets right back up. I kept thinking that the Niners were going to get him beat up in the first half, but all the hits he took didn't seem to affect him at all.

That said, he's a 2 read QB. He's going to go to his security blanket. I will say though, that when he gets some space, he can make that one throw. A couple of those throws were dimes that would've gotten intercepted if they were just a foot off either way.

I was worried a bit in the first half because he was shredding us with the run. I wasn't scared as it didn't cost us too many points and I wanted to see the defensive adjustments in the 2nd half. Then we kept him in the pocket and stayed in our lanes and it was very different.

I was more scared of our halftime offensive adjustments to be honest.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
To call him a good QB you have to remove his running plays and when you do that you get a guy that threw for 147 yards, two picks and a fumble. Considering he had Crabtree, VD and Boldin behind one of the best O-lines in the game that is absolutely pathetic. His QB rating for the game was in the 50's.

He is a great runner and based on how Harbaugh played him this year and how he has played up here before I don't think we expected to see him trying to run nearly as much as he did so game planning likely had much to do with his rushing yards today. Next time and beyond we won't be caught off guard by it.

How is he going to look next year if they don't resign Boldin? And the year after if Crabtree moves on? That running game is getting old behind Gore and unless Lattimore is a stud and can stay healthy, they are going to drop off significantly in the running game.