Really missing Golden Tate right now

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Tate is the one missing Seattle right now. See, 5k yards doesn't make you a "real QB." Winning in the cluth does!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hope no one here is doing it, don't need to be like that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/551933330615050240[/tweet]

Northhawk

Reaction score
Talk about thin skinned. Not sure what people said but don't players get hacked on all the time. It comes with the territory.

Wow. Bitter to the end.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3apazyfz said:
Hope no one here is doing it, don't need to be like that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/551933330615050240[/tweet]
Haha. What. Why even respond to twitter twirps. Twitter is the definition of hyperbole and being a troll

Threedee

Reaction score
If I had Twitter I'd give him a congratulatory tweet for his performance and to make up for douchebags.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I will go on record and say that I still like Tate, and I think his Twitter post about rooting for the Seahawks was pretty classy overall. He was a good blocker for us, and while he wasn't the most consistent player, he had enough "wow" plays to make me a fan. *shrug*

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2gupctd7 said:
Considering he had 61 yards and no TDs in 3 postseason games for us last year...I dont see how his production or lack thereof will be missed.
Agree. Got us there, but did little in the playoffs.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3q5i9uth said:
I liked Tate as a player when he was here. And yes, he is missed.

But I really couldn't stand his antics. You put up with it when it's your guy. But it always bothered me how chippy he would get, and how obnoxious his celebrations were. He's that guy you want to smack in the face. I really wouldn't mind seeing him get his block knocked off by Kam, if we were to play them next week.

Golden Tate does the sort of stuff that's acceptable (but irritating) as a WR, but inexcusable when you're a QB. Like Cam Newton.

I really miss Tate. IMO he is the most complete receiver I've seen in my tenure as a 'Hawks fan. Always seemed to give incredible effort on every play. Excellent blocker. Excellent PR. Good agility. Good hands. Superb body control. Route-running improved dramatically by the time he left.

Then again, I'm an idiot and thought Percy Harvin would be better than Tate, so even though I wanted to keep him, I didn't realize how much I'd miss him at this point.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I miss Tate's downfield run blocking and punt returns, especially every time I see Walters field a punt and manage a 4 yard return when there wasn't anyone within 10 yards of him when he fielded said punt.

Tate had a great run block today that sprung his RB for a 1st down. Almost like the Sean Lee block, but you could tell he held up and didn't level the guy.

As for being thin skinned...I'm not sure why people think/feel that since a guy is good at football (or any sport) that he thinks and feels so much differently than we do. Tate puts his pants on like we do, one leg at a time. Twitter tough guys are just as annoying to him as the rest of us. Isn't it hypocritical to tell him to get over it, while the same fans are not getting over him leaving and giving him a hard time in the first place ? He's not a Seahawk anymore, let it go. What's the point ?

Honestly twitter is almost all drama and I stay as far away from it as possible. I'm 100% positive that I'm a happier person because of it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":2h57a0qc said:
WilsonMVP":2h57a0qc said:
Considering he had 61 yards and no TDs in 3 postseason games for us last year...I dont see how his production or lack thereof will be missed.

:34853_doh:

Well he literally could of not been playing and the result would of basically been the same...you think 61 yards in 3 postseason games cant be replaced?

He had a great year and obv deserved the money he got from the Lions but Kearse and Baldwin both outplayed him last year in the playoffs

Ya its great he did ok in the regular season but Baldwin was only 100 yards behind him last year. This year Baldwin had around the same stats.

He obv made some great plays to get us wins during the regular season but when it actually counted I dont recall him contributing much receiving wise.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1vt4xh8a said:

There is this thing that all players go through called 'development.' Did he not just finish performing admirably in a "post season game?" :roll:

sutz

Reaction score
I always liked the kid. I remember the scouting reports saying he needed polish, especially on route running and basic WR duties that often get overlooked in college. So I waited patiently for him to develop, and was rewarded with a couple of pretty good seasons before he left.

He's a WR, so he wanted to move on to a more pass oriented team, and I respect that. I still like him and wish him well, except when he plays the Seahawks, of course. ;)

And, yes, I miss his punt return skills, but that is a position that isn't that hard to refill, except maybe during the middle of a season. I expect that to be addressed next off season, and for now, I can live with fair catches for the most part.

Golden, if you ever get to read this, remember there are many Seahawk fans who were sorry to see you go, but still don't hate you for it. Best of luck to you in the future.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I wanted Tate to stay. He was full of effort and made some fantastic plays. He had a rapport with Wilson and was dangerous as a return guy.

Never minded the celebration stuff, even the taunting (especially against the Rams)

I was hoping he made it here with Detroit so I could cheer for the guy one last time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":24l7oem5 said:
Well he literally could of not been playing and the result would of basically been the same...you think 61 yards in 3 postseason games cant be replaced?
Just stop.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w7attwfu said:
I seriously want to slap anyone who is bitter about Tate across the face.

loafoftatupu":w7attwfu said:
I wanted Tate to stay. He was full of effort and made some fantastic plays. He had a rapport with Wilson and was dangerous as a return guy.

Never minded the celebration stuff, even the taunting (especially against the Rams)

I was hoping he made it here with Detroit so I could cheer for the guy one last time.
Not so sure how that rapport with Wilson would be now.

They don't speak to each other anymore, for whatever reason. Tate said he didn't do 'it,' but maybe there's a qualifier like he wasn't past 2nd base, didn't inhale or some such technicality by the time Russ walked in.

You don't go from hanging out together to not communicating whatsoever without a heavy reason behind it.

I doubt we will see those two on the same team again.