Reed.... 2 years 23 million

KinesProf

Reaction score
King Dog":z560yarj said:
Dude sat out the first 6 games with a PED suspension so you reward him with a contract like that? Meh

No need to make stuff up.

AlciG

Reaction score
KinesProf":p6kimuly said:
King Dog":p6kimuly said:
Dude sat out the first 6 games with a PED suspension so you reward him with a contract like that? Meh

No need to make stuff up.

That sad part is I don't think he was making it up but was just ignorant of the facts :(

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":218op569 said:
King Dog":218op569 said:

Sherman had a PED suspension, he just beat it on appeal. People forget that.

Reed has 10.5 sacks from DT in 2018. Fans forget that too.

No way man. Sherm was totally clean and the lab totally mixed his pee up with someone else's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad he's back, seems a little steep. But it's not my money. Most of these guys are overpaid these days. All I know is he better damn well step it up, especially after being fairly invisible last year.
Our opinions of the deal don't really matter, even if it does seem a little high. We've seen what he CAN do, and this D flat out needs him to get back to his 2018 form.

xray

Reaction score
Steep money . When he got his 101/2 sacks Clark was playing with him . I don't see Reed getting close to those numbers if he is the premiere guy at pass rush . He needs help to do well . IMO

Jville

Reaction score
I like shorter term contracts. Schneider keeps his options open and the roster hungry to prove their value.

Contract terms and staff statements suggest they're counting heavily on Reed's leadership and experience. The defense kept him on the field a lot following his return to the field. If he had of seen all 16 games, he would have led all defensive linemen in snaps played. Key foundation player for 2020 team.

The Chargers will have to look elsewhere to replace Brandon Mebane.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think Seattle did it right by Reed.

They allowed Reed to have a good salary while giving him an opportunity for a third contract in 2 years.

If anything Reed would appreciate this gesture by Seattle.

Seattle didn’t overpay and they also signed him for the correct number of years.

Reed should be grateful.