Reed suspended 6 games....

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
McGruff":3puom080 said:
chris98251":3puom080 said:
Seymour":3puom080 said:
rcaido":3puom080 said:
If the woman deserves it, i dont see why not. In this case there is no proof of what happened. Didn't get charged. As for Hunt situation, the woman deserved it.

If you dont involve gender and go by on Person A & Person B did, there was nothing wrong in this situation. DV should not have even been called.

It takes a very sick and cowardly person to ever determine a woman "deserved" to be physically abused.

I'll introduce you to my Late Aunt Norma, she hit like a guy, was not a small women but not fat just very well built, her dad boxed and had a heavy bag.

She had 6 kids and didn't look like it, she also had 5 husbands all of them died somehow....

She once took a coffee cup and smashed her own face so the cops would haul her husband away, once they did she cleaned out the house, the bank account, served the divorce papers. This is after she had beat the crap out of him more then once because he would not hit a women and it wasn't something you admitted to that your wife kicked your ass.

That pattern repeated itself over the next 4 husbands. She had no more kids, was living off the money and SS checks she got from her exes and their pensions.

Exceptions prove the rule.

That phrase makes no sense in this context because those are literally the types of exceptions that he was referring to

Donn2390

Reaction score
Seymour":11vvecir said:
Sgt. Largent":11vvecir said:
Seymour":11vvecir said:
Sgt. Largent":11vvecir said:
Terrible obviously, but bright side is it might drive his extension demands down a little.

We have a zero DV tolerance policy. This guilty verdict by Goodell means he is off the team by all rights.

Where did you hear we have a zero DV policy? We drafted a player that cut a plea deal for domestic violence.

John and Pete IMO are very honest and fluid with how they handle all off field incidents.........in both drafting and evaluating current players. Guarantee you over the past two years they've already done their own vetting out with what Reed did, and have come to the conclusion that it's not going to affect how they move forward with him.

Remember, this happened two years ago. If John and Pete had a problem with Reed, they wouldn't have been talking about extending him, and all the other glowing things Pete's had to say about Reed's growth as emerging as one of our best players and leaders.

From John Schnieder after the Ray Rice incident. It's on record, both him and Pete say zero tolerance for physical abuse to women.
I know it is a waste of time attempting to explain anything to you, but THERE WAS NO PHYSICAL ABUSE TO WOMEN...!!
I would seem that you argue against facts and reality just to hear your self write.....!!
Ask the Bellevue Police, nothing happened....

chris98251

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3q5yrff1 said:
McGruff":3q5yrff1 said:
chris98251":3q5yrff1 said:
Seymour":3q5yrff1 said:
It takes a very sick and cowardly person to ever determine a woman "deserved" to be physically abused.

I'll introduce you to my Late Aunt Norma, she hit like a guy, was not a small women but not fat just very well built, her dad boxed and had a heavy bag.

She had 6 kids and didn't look like it, she also had 5 husbands all of them died somehow....

She once took a coffee cup and smashed her own face so the cops would haul her husband away, once they did she cleaned out the house, the bank account, served the divorce papers. This is after she had beat the crap out of him more then once because he would not hit a women and it wasn't something you admitted to that your wife kicked your ass.

That pattern repeated itself over the next 4 husbands. She had no more kids, was living off the money and SS checks she got from her exes and their pensions.

Exceptions prove the rule.

That phrase makes no sense in this context because those are literally the types of exceptions that he was referring to

It's cases such as that that make DV issues that much worse for guys that do nothing, pissed of woman with a scorned or vengeful attitude towards you can bury a guy with 3 buttons, 911.

GLio14

Reaction score
Mike Daniels released. He gave the Hawks fits. If you're not going after him, then you doing something wrong.

summesm

Reaction score
GLio14":20223ped said:
Mike Daniels released. He gave the Hawks fits. If you're not going after him, then you doing something wrong.
Totally agree . Hope there already on the phone with his agent.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
GLio14":3rvhdyxk said:

Saw a couple NFL insiders on Twitter say the Seahawks were going to not pursue Daniels and go in a different direction.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1154052225217511424[/tweet]

GLio14

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1oiejyg7 said:
GLio14":1oiejyg7 said:

Saw a couple NFL insiders on Twitter say the Seahawks were going to not pursue Daniels and go in a different direction.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1154052225217511424[/tweet]
Well that's incredibly disappointing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
1. Daniels ended the year on the IR with a foot injury, so why would the Packers release one of their best players who they're only paying 10M a year if there's not something more serious going on with Daniel's foot to where he's not going to be ready or playing at a diminished level? 10M is a bargain for a upper tier D-lineman.

2. Rating any position group in July is about the dumbest waste of time there is. Teams change, rosters change, players change, schemes change.

Yes we took a big hit with the Reed suspension, but PFF doesn't know if Ansah will kick ass or not, they don't know how good Collier is yet.......Marsh, Green, Woods, Ford, Green. All unknowns until we see them play together.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2v5f3ptj said:
Obviously we don't know what happened but clearly the league saw evidence that we will never see.

Probably the case. Still begs the question of why no arrest, and no charges filed.

jeremiah

Reaction score
If "evidence" is not brought to light in a courtroom situation with a defense attorney to refute or explain it, it is only an allegation. The NFL MAKES IT evidence by their actions. I sure wouldn't want to be suspended from my job for something a crazy wench said, or assault she began then called 911.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
This is going to be huge for our draft position. We can finally draft a really effective DT thanks to Reed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I get so tired of people, especially holier than thou radio people, saying "Cut him!" "Burn him!" "Throw him in jail!"

They just want their piece of flesh and the vindictiveness demonstrates their short-sightedness and lack of compassion.

If you just penalize these guys and throw them out on the street, you're condemning other women in the future to suffer the same consequences. Most of these guys, if all they get is vitriol, will put up self defense mechanisms and deny any wrong doing.

What Pete and the Seahawks do with and for these guys is amazing. They put themselves out there, at risk for the public to tear them down, all in the interests of helping these young men. Many of them that grew up in households where violence was common place. Or like in Frank Clark's case, their mother is a drug addict and prostitute. Yet people wanted to burn him for alleged domestic violence.

But thanks to Pete Carroll, Paul Allen, and John Schneider, he was given all of the support mechanisms he needed in order to learn that there was a different way to live. Look at him now!

But you have people like Boy Howdy that wanted Jarran Reed cut, although he may just be the victim of "okay, we need someone on here to take this viewpoint." Or Bob Stelton who loves to come across as the moral compass that everyone should follow. NONE of these guys have any idea what's it like to grow up in a "rough" household, where you don't know where your next meal is coming from, or if you need to steal it, and steal clothes to wear to school. Not knowing if your drunk father is going to hit you tonight, or whether the woman he brings home is your mom.

So they have no compassion. They live in clean, antiseptic fantasy worlds where the toughest thing for people like Tom Wassel is "the pressure of going to college."

Now, none of the shit that many kids experience growing up is no excuse for crimes against others. They need to break that chain. But they need to be given the opportunity to do so. They need to be taught that there is another way, and that's the responsibility of society in general.

If we just burn these guys, if teams just cut them and wash their hands of them like was done with Ray Rice, then they are partially responsible for the next woman that gets beat up. Because that's what the offender has just been taught.

"Hey, we love you, well, until you embarrass us. Now you're a worthless piece of shit." No, you take them off the field, then you invest in their education, and healing. It's a team's responsibility to follow through with these guys, and help them to become better men so that they don't repeat this behavior. Like I said before, if you just cut them, if you just wash your hands of them after getting what you wanted, then you are partially responsible for the next woman that gets hit.

If though, a team, much like the Seahawks do, invests in that young man's mental health, then they are doing due diligence. So that IF, that young man repeats that crime, the team can feel confident in what they have done, yet should still look to improve upon what they can do to help those young men who grew up in a shitty life, and only became of value to others when it turned out that they could play a game. And that's a really shitty message to send to someone.

Value them after they've committed a crime. Penalize them for it, give them resources to learn from it and hopefully not do it again, and they will have a chance to break the cycle, while starting a new one. Like the "Boys In T Men" initiative that has taken hold in the PNW.

I don't know enough about the Ray Rice deal to know if this is a good idea or not, but I think the NFL should have worked with Ray Rice, and his Wife, to educate young men about domestic Violence. Instead, everyone acted like Ray Rice was the AntiChrist, and washed their hands of the whole deal, while repeatedly playing the video of him hitting his wife, over, and over, and over. Thanks to that kind of witch hunt mentality, the Wife paid the price too, over, and over, and over. NOBODY took her feelings in to consideration when the made Rice out to be a Pariah.

But hey, they all felt good about themselves. "Look at me, I'm on the right side of this issue." No, you are not. Because you never considered what you could do to educate and prevent future actions such as DV.. Ray Rice and his Wife did. Probably more than anyone else. And that's the sad part.

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":3psa8c84 said:
I get so tired of people, especially holier than thou radio people, saying "Cut him!" "Burn him!" "Throw him in jail!"

They just want their piece of flesh and the vindictiveness demonstrates their short-sightedness and lack of compassion.

If you just penalize these guys and throw them out on the street, you're condemning other women in the future to suffer the same consequences. Most of these guys, if all they get is vitriol, will put up self defense mechanisms and deny any wrong doing.

What Pete and the Seahawks do with and for these guys is amazing. They put themselves out there, at risk for the public to tear them down, all in the interests of helping these young men. Many of them that grew up in households where violence was common place. Or like in Frank Clark's case, their mother is a drug addict and prostitute. Yet people wanted to burn him for alleged domestic violence.

But thanks to Pete Carroll, Paul Allen, and John Schneider, he was given all of the support mechanisms he needed in order to learn that there was a different way to live. Look at him now!

But you have people like Boy Howdy that wanted Jarran Reed cut, although he may just be the victim of "okay, we need someone on here to take this viewpoint." Or Bob Stelton who loves to come across as the moral compass that everyone should follow. NONE of these guys have any idea what's it like to grow up in a "rough" household, where you don't know where your next meal is coming from, or if you need to steal it, and steal clothes to wear to school. Not knowing if your drunk father is going to hit you tonight, or whether the woman he brings home is your mom.

So they have no compassion. They live in clean, antiseptic fantasy worlds where the toughest thing for people like Tom Wassel is "the pressure of going to college."

Now, none of the shit that many kids experience growing up is no excuse for crimes against others. They need to break that chain. But they need to be given the opportunity to do so. They need to be taught that there is another way, and that's the responsibility of society in general.

If we just burn these guys, if teams just cut them and wash their hands of them like was done with Ray Rice, then they are partially responsible for the next woman that gets beat up. Because that's what the offender has just been taught.

"Hey, we love you, well, until you embarrass us. Now you're a worthless piece of shit." No, you take them off the field, then you invest in their education, and healing. It's a team's responsibility to follow through with these guys, and help them to become better men so that they don't repeat this behavior. Like I said before, if you just cut them, if you just wash your hands of them after getting what you wanted, then you are partially responsible for the next woman that gets hit.

If though, a team, much like the Seahawks do, invests in that young man's mental health, then they are doing due diligence. So that IF, that young man repeats that crime, the team can feel confident in what they have done, yet should still look to improve upon what they can do to help those young men who grew up in a shitty life, and only became of value to others when it turned out that they could play a game. And that's a really shitty message to send to someone.

Value them after they've committed a crime. Penalize them for it, give them resources to learn from it and hopefully not do it again, and they will have a chance to break the cycle, while starting a new one. Like the "Boys In T Men" initiative that has taken hold in the PNW.

I don't know enough about the Ray Rice deal to know if this is a good idea or not, but I think the NFL should have worked with Ray Rice, and his Wife, to educate young men about domestic Violence. Instead, everyone acted like Ray Rice was the AntiChrist, and washed their hands of the whole deal, while repeatedly playing the video of him hitting his wife, over, and over, and over. Thanks to that kind of witch hunt mentality, the Wife paid the price too, over, and over, and over. NOBODY took her feelings in to consideration when the made Rice out to be a Pariah.

But hey, they all felt good about themselves. "Look at me, I'm on the right side of this issue." No, you are not. Because you never considered what you could do to educate and prevent future actions such as DV.. Ray Rice and his Wife did. Probably more than anyone else. And that's the sad part.

Great Post !