Referee Triplett gets playoff game

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
How did this guy get a playoff game after those disasters in weeks 13 and 14?

Social Media (and Peter King) blowing up over why this buffoon gets a playoff gig.

Anyone prognosticate over who we may get/want for our playoff game next week?

Seattle more than most teams is gun shy (with good reason).

:49ersmall:

A

Anonymous

I just hope we don't get Carey. These playoffs are going to be difficult enough.....sure don't want to be against the refs as well.

kearly

Reaction score
Triplett isn't very good, but at least he's not Ron Winter (the guy who's crew called the Hawks / Colts game).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We probably want him.

I cannot remember who it was, but I remember someone posting some links to stats that showed that bad referees (in any sport), when they make bad calls, tend to make a greater percentage of calls that favor the home team.

It makes sense, if you are unsure or easily affected by the environment then you might look to external sources to get your viewpoint.

So unless we have someone that overtly favors a style of play that significantly hampers the Hawks or someone like Carey that I just despise and wish terrible diseases on, then yes wouldn't we want the bad ref?

Not that we need him but better than someone that consistently calls against the team.

253hawk

Reaction score
After Boger got to do the SB last season, it's no surprise that the whole ref grading thing is corrupt. Congress needs to forget about roids in baseball and start going after all of the crap in the NFL.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Frankly, before Congress bothers with investigating referees, the fact that the NFL qualifies as a not for profit/tax exempt business should be the first order of the day.

The NFL is probably one of the most lucrative entertainment businesses out there.