Refs couldn’t beat us

Own The West

Reaction score
I'd like someone to explain the DK fumble/recovery to me. DK's hand never left the ball, so how can you say he lost possession of it or someone else has possession of it? It was contested for sure, but think about all the fumble reviews you see where the runner has a hand on the ball and doesn't lose it until he hits the ground (no fumble). I'm not sure how this is different.

That said, this is two weeks in a row where DK has lost possession by not securing the ball. That and the two 50/50 balls where he lamely reaches back instead of coming back to the ball. 41 was defending on both and never turned his head. If DK had moved his body it would have been an easy def PI both times. Hopefully he'll get better with experience...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":13mb04c7 said:
2_0_6":13mb04c7 said:
So you would like me to upload game clips to prove my point? There were NUMEROUS bad and missed calls against the Hawks last night "chief".

I don't disagree that there were numerous bad calls, in fact I stated as much. The ones you listed aren't them.

Player was close to lining up in the neutral zone, but shifted back a bit before the snap. It was close, but more importantly the black line is unofficial, and because the angle is not straight down the LOS it is hard to tell from the TV whether or not he was offsides. Borderline at best.

Clock hits double zeros all the time, happened to Hawks twice in last night's game. These penalties never occur as soon as the clock hits zero, there is always a small delay.

A player standing out of bounds is allowed to touch the ball if it is in possession of another player. Defender re-established himself before he gained possession. Think about if they called that the way you want: any time a player out of bounds touched the ball they would call the play dead. That's a big advantage to the defense, and makes no sense.

The point being, don't be a whiny fan. There were more than enough legitimately bad calls or missed calls, you don't need to argue the ticky tacky stuff. Especially when the refs missed some big calls that would have favored the Niners as well.
I disagree from I'm seeing he is out of bounds and going at the ball?Noooo..Can't do it!
Now if he was pushed out by a Hawk he can come back on the field and then make a play
but he can't be out of bounds doing anything like stripping,recovering or tackling.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1bltqube said:
HawkStrong":1bltqube said:
2_0_6":1bltqube said:
So you would like me to upload game clips to prove my point? There were NUMEROUS bad and missed calls against the Hawks last night "chief".

I don't disagree that there were numerous bad calls, in fact I stated as much. The ones you listed aren't them.

Player was close to lining up in the neutral zone, but shifted back a bit before the snap. It was close, but more importantly the black line is unofficial, and because the angle is not straight down the LOS it is hard to tell from the TV whether or not he was offsides. Borderline at best.

Clock hits double zeros all the time, happened to Hawks twice in last night's game. These penalties never occur as soon as the clock hits zero, there is always a small delay.

A player standing out of bounds is allowed to touch the ball if it is in possession of another player. Defender re-established himself before he gained possession. Think about if they called that the way you want: any time a player out of bounds touched the ball they would call the play dead. That's a big advantage to the defense, and makes no sense.

The point being, don't be a whiny fan. There were more than enough legitimately bad calls or missed calls, you don't need to argue the ticky tacky stuff. Especially when the refs missed some big calls that would have favored the Niners as well.
I disagree from I'm seeing he is out of bounds and going at the ball?Noooo..Can't do it!
Now if he was pushed out by a Hawk he can come back on the field and then make a play
but he can't be out of bounds doing anything like stripping,recovering or tackling.

So...by your logic...a player our of bounds attempting to make a tackle, strip, etc, the play would be called dead? Don't you see how big of an advantage that is for the defense?

Looking through the rule book, there is nothing covering this specifically.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":37nfsk7l said:
HawkStrong":37nfsk7l said:
2_0_6":37nfsk7l said:

Would love hear the NFL’s explanation of this call with follow up questions to whatever excuses they come up with.

DK just has to clearly step out of bounds there or not fumble. Can’t give the zebras an opportunity to blow a call, because they will, thru either incompetence or steering.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nfix6su said:
IndyHawk":2nfix6su said:
HawkStrong":2nfix6su said:
2_0_6":2nfix6su said:

Would love hear the NFL’s explanation of this call with follow up questions to whatever excuses they come up with.

DK just has to clearly step out of bounds there or not fumble. Can’t give the zebras an opportunity to blow a call, because they will, thru either incompetence or steering.

It was a crazy set of circumstances, but it appears like they got this one correct. The out of bounds defender is a non-issue it seems, nothing in the rulebook about that specific type of play.