REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

StoneCold

Reaction score
Far more baffling is how is Cable still around? Carl Smith, Kris Richard and Bevell gone. I'm not in the hate or love camp for Bevell. Given a balanced offense he has done well to out right great as far as stats and results are concerned, while calling some plays that make me scratch my head.

Who watched the last two seasons and didn't see that elephant in the room was the Oline and the running game? Cable was the coach with the most responsibility for that part of the game. Sure, Pete and JS have some responsibility for drafting, but Cable had input on that as well and they were not even almost good. And yet Cable is still here.

I am shaken to my optimistic core and am moving my tent the Doomer camp for the rest of the off season!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":mh5qn0dc said:
The day is young, 3 gone already, might just make it 4.
As the old dude in the godfathers pizza commercial used to say... “Do it!”

Jac

Reaction score
StoneCold":2oimidkh said:
Far more baffling is how is Cable still around?

I'm guessing that Carroll would prefer that Cable validate/chase down any potential HC opportunities before he's forced to actually fire him.

It feels like Carroll realizes he's at the final stage of his career, and this is the time to go all-in on rebuilding a program. I'd think the roster also gets turned over/young again like it was several years ago. I think that kind of organizational reboot will be exciting/revitalizing for Carroll. Status quo (coaches and roster) would be a self-defeating grind next year, with our division rivals having all the "program building" fun.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We were JUST talking about that commercial the other day, no joke. Back when Godfathers would put like 5 pounds of cheese on their pizza.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2h74gomk said:
Bev seems like a good guy so I feel bad for him as a person. Change was necessary so here we go.

I have a really tough time believing he was at more fault for our offensive struggles than Cable, though.

You and me both.
As far as I'm concerned, Tom Cable is THE MAIN culprit, and should have been sent down the road kicking horse-turds. :177692:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":vy4y8ix3 said:
We were JUST talking about that commercial the other day, no joke. Back when Godfathers would put like 5 pounds of cheese on their pizza.
I miss that chain. A lot of good pizza chains from then 80’s gone.
Pizza Haven, Shakey’s, Godfather’s......

Sorry mods....
Back on topic.
It’s a GREAT DAY!!!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Given how pervasive the changes are it would appear the impetus for the changes are coming from above Pete. Paul A. has apparently seen enough to give some direction to the FO leadership that changes in direction and refreshing the coaching directions are needed.

The team still has a lot of talent and the right coaches will make the necessary changes to all sides of the ball to renew the team's championship direction.

StoneCold

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3tofkev4 said:
Given how pervasive the changes are int would appear the impetus for the changes are coming from above Pete. Paul A. has apparently seen enough to give some direction to the FO leadership that changes in direction and refreshing the coaching directions are needed.

The team still has a lot of talent and the right coaches will make the necessary changes to all sides of the ball to renew the team's championship direction.

I'm not so sure that Paul considers himself a "Football Person". He bought the team more out of civic pride and duty as the resident billionaire as opposed to because he wants to run a football team ala Jerruh Jones. I would be surprised if he took such an active roll in who and how Pete runs the team.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
StoneCold":3tf6ao05 said:
jammerhawk":3tf6ao05 said:
Given how pervasive the changes are int would appear the impetus for the changes are coming from above Pete. Paul A. has apparently seen enough to give some direction to the FO leadership that changes in direction and refreshing the coaching directions are needed.

I'm not so sure that Paul considers himself a "Football Person". He bought the team more out of civic pride and duty as the resident billionaire as opposed to because he wants to run a football team ala Jerruh Jones. I would be surprised if he took such an active roll in who and how Pete runs the team.

I somewhat agree but I think he also hired JS as a football person and probably had multiple streams of feedback coming in. JS, players, as well as understanding his fan base and the nature of sports teams. He isn't going to make this move unilaterally like Jerry but if he consolidated the info and it all was telling him that changes needed to be made and Pete was the wall stopping it all, he could have stepped in and said , it's time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Paul A. does have a pretty capable advisory council that he used when hiring Pete and John. He's not just some rich dude that delegates out the whole responsibility of his billion dollar enterprise out to only 'football people'. Though I get what you are saying.

Given the steady leaking of information now going on I expect that the coaching changes will be considerably more pervasive than we have seen so far.

it is clear it is time for refreshing the coaching direction of the team under Pete and John's overall management.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1gh6zyeg said:
Here is a link to a pretty good video with some good questions concerning the next OC in regards to Wilson, Baldwins parting interview at seasons end.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/seattle-seahawks-fire-offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell?ls=pftvod
If this is the vid with Doug going off protecting DB, it was Doug being a “good soldier” sticking up for his commander “publicly”. Doug was also the same guy flipping DB the bird when he was asked to throw a TD to Russ.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":z09u9tbz said:
chris98251":z09u9tbz said:
Here is a link to a pretty good video with some good questions concerning the next OC in regards to Wilson, Baldwins parting interview at seasons end.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/seattle-seahawks-fire-offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell?ls=pftvod
If this is the vid with Doug going off protecting DB, it was Doug being a “good soldier” sticking up for his commander “publicly”. Doug was also the same guy flipping DB the bird when he was asked to throw a TD to Russ.

You need to listen to it to understand what I was referring to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":39infm7u said:
Sports Hernia":39infm7u said:
chris98251":39infm7u said:

I’m a lazy $&@%er, so sue me! 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3a31vga5 said:
chris98251":3a31vga5 said:
Sports Hernia":3a31vga5 said:
chris98251":3a31vga5 said:

Have you harassed me? :p

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":3dt9uowg said:
Sports Hernia":3dt9uowg said:
chris98251":3dt9uowg said:
Sports Hernia":3dt9uowg said:

Have you harassed me? :p
Not that you know of..... 8)