REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Damn Bevell landing on his feet, rumored to be headed to the Falcs to be the qb coach

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":c6avgifc said:
Damn Bevell landing on his feet, rumored to be headed to the Falcs to be the qb coach

Did you want the guy out of the league? I don't wish him any ill will, I just didn't want him running our offense anymore.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2aaj5wol said:
People who said they were not gonna' watch the team any more running back in 3....2....1...... :lol:

I said I wasnt going to watch next year if Cable or Bevell were still running the show....both of them got fired so will watch now

flmmkrz

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3ur1dcbv said:
flmmkrz":3ur1dcbv said:

Did you want the guy out of the league? I don't wish him any ill will, I just didn't want him running our offense anymore.

no course not, just surprised it happened so quick

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2w2msc3g said:

Not really rumored. Someone just speculated based on the Carroll connection.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I would have like to see what he could have done with adequate oline. I don't suppose Cables mash unit made play calling very easy. On the other hand, for a long time we have heard from "experts" that our route tree's were too simplistic and easy to defend and also that our entire offense is easy to diagnose. I guess we will find out for sure now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seymour":6yf5ss04 said:
original poster":6yf5ss04 said:
jammerhawk":6yf5ss04 said:
I suspect that wishing Cable gone as well is majority view around here.

I'm fairly sure not one poster is opposed to it.

Ohh they are out there....

Maelstrom787":6yf5ss04 said:
No Sark. For gods sake, no Sark.

If Cable gets elevated, it may be a good thing. Offensive line might improve without his micromanaging.

Complete misrepresentation of my post. Have called multiple times for the firing of Cable. Even added a thinly veiled insult to his ineffective line coaching to the post.

Poor job.

Seymour

Reaction score
flmmkrz":12p6dsr9 said:

Perfect spot for him with Ryan there. He is more in need of daily massages then any actual tips to improve his game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2y59de3p said:
Seymour":2y59de3p said:
original poster":2y59de3p said:
jammerhawk":2y59de3p said:
I suspect that wishing Cable gone as well is majority view around here.

Maelstrom787":2y59de3p said:

If Cable gets elevated, it may be a good thing. Offensive line might improve without his micromanaging.

Complete misrepresentation of my post. Have called multiple times for the firing of Cable. Even added a thinly veiled insult to his ineffective line coaching to the post.

Poor job.

If true then you have my apologies for the misread. I've been battling several here for sometime that were on the Cable bandwagon and so I may need to work on being a civilian soldier now.

The whole idea that elevating Cable could be anything but bad makes me ill to be honest.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seymour":2mnisf6o said:
Maelstrom787":2mnisf6o said:
Seymour":2mnisf6o said:
original poster":2mnisf6o said:

Maelstrom787":2mnisf6o said:

Poor job.

If true then you have my apologies for the misread. I've been battling several here for sometime that were on the Cable bandwagon and so I may need to work on being a civilian soldier now.

The whole idea that elevating Cable could be anything but bad makes me ill to be honest.

Apologies accepted and no hard feelings. I can see how my post would be misconstrued.

TAB420

Reaction score
I wonder if this could affect if we bring Graham back?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'm still on Cloud 9 about this. I said it last week -- I just flat out couldn't see how in the world the Seahawks could legitimately bring Darrell Bevell and Tom Cable back. I mean, they just couldn't. Pete Carroll loses all sense of credibility with the players ... the fans ... everyone if he does. His mantra of "Always Compete" and striving for Championship level football every Sunday is complete crap in the eyes of everyone if those 2 are brought back. I'm glad that in the end, the Seahawks organization saw things the same way. It's going to take me awhile to come down from the ceiling I'm so excited. Change has finally come at long last, my friends. :irishdrinkers: :0190l:

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":34jsm5z6 said:
chris98251":34jsm5z6 said:
Here is a link to a pretty good video with some good questions concerning the next OC in regards to Wilson, Baldwins parting interview at seasons end.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/seattle-seahawks-fire-offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell?ls=pftvod

It's possible that Baldwin was referring to Wilson, but it's also possible he was referring to Ifedi, Pocic, Britt and Joekel. Not to mention a few RB's. Juicy speculation, but...meh.

Exactly. It's also possible and IMO most likely he was referring to everyone not executing which calls out Graham and his $10M drops and jogging between the 20's, the Rawls running like Taz let out of a cage, and everyone else screwing up.

I did like him going to Shula though. The more I look at him the better he gets.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I apologize for all the mean things I have said about Carroll.

As long as we can cut dead weight, or poor fits - I am just fine with trying to get better.

Sort of in a happy daze, cautiously optimistic about this team for the first time in years.

Sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. Yay!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
That’s flipping ridiculous and makes no sense what so ever. “Russell isn’t getting the ball in the hands of his receivers”??? Look at the freaking numbers!!! The numbers don’t come close to backing up that statement. “The answers in the film” The films show unblocked pass rushers and covered receivers but still league leading passing td’s and yardage.... and how is it Russell's fault that our running backs can’t find running room? This guy is a shumuck. Personally I believe he is full of it but if he’s right and some in the locker room are against Russell Wilson then trade Russell or get rid of those malcontents. Get rid of this hack too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
brimsalabim":wrd2fv80 said:
That’s flipping ridiculous and makes no sense what so ever. “Russell isn’t getting the ball in the hands of his receivers”??? Look at the freaking numbers!!! The numbers don’t come close to backing up that statement. “The answers in the film” The films show unblocked pass rushers and covered receivers but still league leading passing td’s and yardage.... and how is it Russell's fault that our running backs can’t find running room? This guy is a shumuck. Personally I believe he is full of it but if he’s right and some in the locker room are against Russell Wilson then trade Russell or get rid of those malcontents. Get rid of this hack too.

So stay in the pocket for more than 3 seconds while every receiver runs 9 routes, ok. Didn't see RW change or divert from those bubble screens. Why does the offense work sometimes at the end of the 2nd quarter or not at all till the 4th quarter? Russell rarely changes any of the plays called at the LOS. Does he leave the pocket too early sometimes/a lot, can't really blame the guy.

This is why I prefer the exchange of ideas here instead of following talking heads on TV that seem to always like to produce shows with a nice looking big boobed women in the mix along with loud mouth bloviators. Would however be interested in what Colin Cowherd has to say on the matter though.

hawk45

Reaction score
Late to this party.

Bevell did, at least, have to deal with the OL deficiencies. Unlike Cable, who is in the pit of misery for coaches, I put Bevell at average to below average. But low enough that I'm cautiously optimistic we can do better. This is based on:

- First-half scripting always sucked, reflecting directly on his pre-game scouting/analysis. Did he do any pre-game analysis or just chug beers during the week?

- Whenever we got a new toy (Harvin, Graham), it immediately threw our offense off-track, followed by years of recovery. In Harvin's case he was a Dbag but for Graham if it takes 3 years to figure out you have him trot into the end zone, turn, and block-out while Russ fires to his midsection then you are truly awful. That should have been sussed out 3 days into JG's first camp.

- It did indeed seem like we kept pretending we had enough protection for long routes despite all evidence to the contrary. I swear every week before a Rams game he said "hey, the book on the Rams is they have a ferocious DL but their secondary is vulnerable deep. Go routes for all!!!!"

- When he did try to mitigate the rush, it often took the form of bubble screens to slow players instead of RB screens or shorter/intermediate passing in the middle. I'm still waiting for the pay off I was told he was setting up with those.

- He seemed obsessed with X and O mismatches, which is good, but he never seemed nearly as fluent in personnel mismatches. It's why Brock can diagram why a bubble screen should have worked until you see one of our tiny WRs was asked to block some beast of an SS.

Anyhow, it's been done to death before, I'll just say we were not awful (overall that is, in the first half we were) on offense. We had spurts of very good production. I'm sure a new OC will have their own limitations, but I'm more optimistic than pessimistic about replacing Bevell.