Report: McDowell may never play again ( more speculation)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of the title to the thread is there any 'Actual Evidence' that supports the story of his career being in jeopardy?

Looks like more click bait BS by some mediot looking for any nonsense to write about. I don't know why this story needed a new thread but am not being critical of the OP.

Nothing is added to our collective knowledge of the truth of this situation by the reported story. Just more speculation upon the actual injuries suffered or their severity. By nature a head injury is serious and needs time to recover from.

He has time to recover worse luck.

themunn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qkn80yv said:
From the tenor of the team's comments and the secrecy surrounding all this, my guess is we're all probably suspecting the same thing, but none of us are too impolite to raise it publicly or say it.

If it is that thing it's definitely the type of thing that can take awhile to diagnose and know the extent of after a trauma.

I have no idea what condition you're trying to imply to be honest. Amnesia?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Gotta love journalism nowadays. It's dead.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I still think it's important to note that the Team is not at liberty to discuss his injury due to medical records privacy laws. I don't think they are being cagey because they want to hide the truth. Speculation based on the Teams lack of information should be viewed in that light, rather than as an attempt to hide some darker details. It may turn out he has some serious injury/mental problems due to this accident, but some of the wild speculation is a bit overboard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I heard a couple guys at work blaming John and Pete for this. Yeah, it's THEIR fault somehow that this happened :roll:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well the only thing we know FOR SURE. Is that the Hawks drafted Malik to be a 3 technique and rush the passer with interior pressure.....

The Seahawks jsut traded a 2nd round pick for Sheldon Richardson to play the 3 technique and rush the passer with interior pressure.....

We also know that Richardson has 1 year left on his deal. So more then likely he's replacing Malik THIS year.

We know that if Richardson leaves we're likely to get a 3rd rd comp pick

What we dont know is if were REALISTICALLY trying to resign Richardson.

We don't know if Malik and Richardson would be in the same rotation

We don't know if Malik has a future here due to the injury.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kh54nkw said:
I heard a couple guys at work blaming John and Pete for this. Yeah, it's THEIR fault somehow that this happened :roll:

Not their fault this happened, but they are responsible for choosing a red flag player and taking higher risks with draft picks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of teams do the same thing. The draft is a crap shoot. And he could still not only play, but be a stud.
Plus, these are the type of people who think they know more than Pete or John, and get all bent out of shape if they don't pick the players that THEY want. You would think I worked with Mel Kiper :lol:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Josea16":l93v9j3u said:
FlyingGreg":l93v9j3u said:
Fudwamper":l93v9j3u said:
Pure guess work, nothing but speculation.

Pretty good speculation considering all the hush hush around.

It is obviously very seriois.
They have been brutally honest about the silence. It's straight up because his family asked for that and because it's NFI and the NFL and the Seahawks have to comply. So stop with the bullshit please. It's HIPPA.

So you are claiming its NOT serious?

What does the trade for Richardson tell you?

Think.

Teams disclose players medical conditions all the time. It is not HIPPA, it is more out of respect to his family.

But again... just look at it rationally. No info, on NFI, then trade for Richardson.

Hmmmmm

Josea16

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":32zm0dbc said:
Josea16":32zm0dbc said:
FlyingGreg":32zm0dbc said:
Fudwamper":32zm0dbc said:

They have been brutally honest about the silence. It's straight up because his family asked for that and because it's NFI and the NFL and the Seahawks have to comply. So stop with the bullshit please. It's HIPPA.

Think.

Teams disclose players medical conditions all the time. It is not HIPPA, it is more out of respect to his family.

But again... just look at it rationally. No info, on NFI, then trade for Richardson.

Hmmmmm
All it tells me is that he's out for the season everything else is speculation in the absence of actual facts.

Seymour

Reaction score
Report? That is not a report. It is spreading more guesses with ZERO information.

What a load of BS. Maybe he will, maybe he won't....that is my report. :roll:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ndne6fb said:
Josea16":3ndne6fb said:
FlyingGreg":3ndne6fb said:
Fudwamper":3ndne6fb said:

Think.

Hmmmmm

Teams disclose injury info all the time for field sustained injuries. This happened on his own time, which is why it's dicey. Still weird though, yes.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
No disclosure, no timetable for return, moved on to Richardson.

Certainly fair to question whether he plays again, such an unusual situation. What little we have heard from the team has been very ominous.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I see two possible reasons they may not be disclosing what exactly is wrong. 1.) Injuries far worse potentially than has been let on and they still want to figure out just how extensive they are before verbally acknowledging it; Potential career-ending on one end of the scale. 2.) Suffered fairly significant injury to his man-parts and don't want to add insult to injury by telling the world (on top of any facial or other injuries). Not saying the second suggestion is actually the case, but hypothetically speaking, I could see this course of action for such an injury.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pie Romania":1wz5g4d3 said:
I see two possible reasons they may not be disclosing what exactly is wrong. 1.) Injuries far worse potentially than has been let on and they still want to figure out just how extensive they are before verbally acknowledging it; Potential career-ending on one end of the scale. 2.) Suffered fairly significant injury to his man-parts and don't want to add insult to injury by telling the world (on top of any facial or other injuries). Not saying the second suggestion is actually the case, but hypothetically speaking, I could see this course of action for such an injury.

By only seeing those two reasons, does that mean you are totally discounting the reason that Pete stated when he said that the player (and family) have requested privacy, and the team has chosen to honor that request? To me, it's not a stretch that a players coach like Pete would honor such a requested not withstanding that the team is likely legally obligated to do so.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pie Romania":mny0eqvv said:

That is something I never thought of. I've racked my balls on a tank before in a bike wreck, so that is possible. Ask him to sing a song and check for voice pitch changes. :twisted:

Pie Romania

Reaction score
kidhawk":29nzz58m said:
Pie Romania":29nzz58m said:

By only seeing those two reasons, does that mean you are totally discounting the reason that Pete stated when he said that the player (and family) have requested privacy, and the team has chosen to honor that request? To me, it's not a stretch that a players coach like Pete would honor such a requested not withstanding that the team is likely legally obligated to do so.

No. The player requesting privacy on the matter could actually be used to further a case for option #2. Again, not saying either of these is the case, but all we have is speculation at this point. These are merely what make the most sense to me given what little we know and how he injured himself in the first place.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Seymour":26jczi1g said:
Pie Romania":26jczi1g said:

That is something I never thought of. I've racked my balls on a tank before in a bike wreck, so that is possible. Ask him to sing a song and check for voice pitch changes. :twisted:

A friend has had a similar injury that is a bit too gruesome for me to go into details, but let's just say the edge of the handle bar attempted to act as a clothesline for their coin purse. It is what actually prompted me to bring up the idea. Not something I want to continue talking about, but with all the speculation, I thought it might be worth mentioning briefly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pie Romania":ghpjrqn5 said:
The player requesting privacy on the matter

is how I've read into it.

And the reasons for that are vast enough that any speculation could be deemed as much plausible as it is would be asinine.