Report: McDowell may never play again ( more speculation)

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Uncle Si":28ysimte said:
Pie Romania":28ysimte said:
The player requesting privacy on the matter

is how I've read into it.

And the reasons for that are vast enough that any speculation could be deemed as much plausible as it is would be asinine.

Thank you Captain Obvious. My apologies for speculating on a thread that revolves around pure speculation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm done burning calories on McDowell.

I just assume he's done for the season, and possibly his career............and we got a proven stud in Richardson, so all is right for me.

As Belicheat would say, we're movin' on..................

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pie Romania":24q2mlbl said:
kidhawk":24q2mlbl said:
Pie Romania":24q2mlbl said:
I see two possible reasons they may not be disclosing what exactly is wrong. 1.) Injuries far worse potentially than has been let on and they still want to figure out just how extensive they are before verbally acknowledging it; Potential career-ending on one end of the scale. 2.) Suffered fairly significant injury to his man-parts and don't want to add insult to injury by telling the world (on top of any facial or other injuries). Not saying the second suggestion is actually the case, but hypothetically speaking, I could see this course of action for such an injury.

By only seeing those two reasons, does that mean you are totally discounting the reason that Pete stated when he said that the player (and family) have requested privacy, and the team has chosen to honor that request? To me, it's not a stretch that a players coach like Pete would honor such a requested not withstanding that the team is likely legally obligated to do so.

No. The player requesting privacy on the matter could actually be used to further a case for option #2. Again, not saying either of these is the case, but all we have is speculation at this point. These are merely what make the most sense to me given what little we know and how he injured himself in the first place.

The point is, Pete has stated that he isn't talking about it per request, not due to any attempt by the team to hide the level of severity of the injury.

Honestly, until he's playing football, his condition is really none of the public's business (IMO). He's inactive and we (as a team) have games to play.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pie Romania":2d30ma0t said:
Uncle Si":2d30ma0t said:
Pie Romania":2d30ma0t said:

And the reasons for that are vast enough that any speculation could be deemed as much plausible as it is would be asinine.

Thank you Captain Obvious. My apologies for speculating on a thread that revolves around pure speculation.

LOL....teach you to speculate on the speculation.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2obesgo7 said:
I'm done burning calories on McDowell.

I just assume he's done for the season, and possibly his career
............and we got a proven stud in Richardson, so all is right for me.

As Belicheat would say, we're movin' on..................

Getting there myself. I'm just a sucker for trying to solve mysteries.

That said, give Richardson all of 2-3 weeks to make everyone else forget McDowell and his brainless adventures. :2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pie Romania":3dsn3h87 said:
Uncle Si":3dsn3h87 said:
Pie Romania":3dsn3h87 said:

I was actually agreeing with the point you made about his request for privacy (without adding on something completely irrelevant.. like he got hit in the junk.. which is as dumb a take as "Captain Obvious")

So.. you're welcome I guess.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1d1vmds9 said:
Pie Romania":1d1vmds9 said:
Uncle Si":1d1vmds9 said:
Pie Romania":1d1vmds9 said:

You two would make a darling sewing circle

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":d1umwfeo said:
Seymour":d1umwfeo said:
Pie Romania":d1umwfeo said:
Uncle Si":d1umwfeo said:

You two would make a darling sewing circle

Is that a shot at the post or the poster? :141847_bnono:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I don't know.. what's Captain Obvious? Is that a shot at the post or the poster? Did you just participate in name calling?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The fact that he wasn't automatically placed on IR leads me to call this speculation pure BS

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2xz57c90 said:
The fact that he wasn't automatically placed on IR leads me to call this speculation pure BS

Although I tend to agree with the sentiment, there's absolutely no way he would have been put on IR either way. His injury was Not Football related, therefor he stays on the Non-Football list as long as we retain his rights or he's no longer injured

HawkerD

Reaction score
The lack of information, the secrecy, the obfuscation, and the ambiguity of the the release statements all add up to something (smoke+ash+flames I guess fire). If all he had was a concussion, information would likely be released. To say it is anything other than a horrific, life altering injury is just sticking your head in the sand. Of course it is speculation; we don't have any facts except how it generally occurred. But it is speculation based on how the situation is being handled by the team and the family and comparing it to how similar events around the NFL have been handled in the past. To say this is anything close to normal is being dishonest.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":163hbesn said:
In terms of the title to the thread is there any 'Actual Evidence' that supports the story of his career being in jeopardy?

Looks like more click bait BS by some mediot looking for any nonsense to write about. I don't know why this story needed a new thread but am not being critical of the OP.

Nothing is added to our collective knowledge of the truth of this situation by the reported story. Just more speculation upon the actual injuries suffered or their severity. By nature a head injury is serious and needs time to recover from.

He has time to recover worse luck.
That's it in a nutshell......The writer doesn't have an inside track to ALL info, so he's speculating the hell out of the bits & pieces.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":31jzfmoo said:
The lack of information, the secrecy, the obfuscation, and the ambiguity of the the release statements all add up to something (smoke+ash+flames I guess fire). If all he had was a concussion, information would likely be released. To say it is anything other than a horrific, life altering injury is just sticking your head in the sand. Of course it is speculation; we don't have any facts except how it generally occurred. But it is speculation based on how the situation is being handled by the team and the family and comparing it to how similar events around the NFL have been handled in the past. To say this is anything close to normal is being dishonest.

This situation is different than most that have come before it. We are talking about a guy who has never taken an actual NFL snap yet. We are also talking about something which could in fact be a violation of his contract, we are also talking about someone who hasn't been in the NFL spotlight before. All variables that change the equation. Each individual has their own reasons for wanting to keep certain things private. To assume that you or I know what his reasons are, when in fact we don't really know much of anything would be asinine on our part. We don't know much of anything, and until he wants us to know, we probably will continue to be in the dark.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2n98tlmx said:
So you are claiming its NOT serious?

What does the trade for Richardson tell you?

Think.

Teams disclose players medical conditions all the time. It is not HIPPA, it is more out of respect to his family.

But again... just look at it rationally. No info, on NFI, then trade for Richardson.

Hmmmmm
The trading for SR tells us that McDowell isn't playing any time soon, and that the Seahawks haven't been sitting on their hands.
Until the team comes out with the words "Malik McDowell is Done", we're left with speculation form people OUTSIDE the loop.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nr36r6p said:
I don't know.. what's Captain Obvious? Is that a shot at the post or the poster? Did you just participate in name calling?

That wasn't to you though. Also CA is much cooler than sewing circle women anyway. 8)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2v5ae5ya said:
Uncle Si":2v5ae5ya said:

That wasn't to you though. Also CA is much cooler than sewing circle women anyway. 8)

Whoa whoa there.. I love a good stitch-and-bitch session as much as any gal... plus.. well i have a lot of holes in my socks.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
themunn":1hl1fd0m said:
Popeyejones":1hl1fd0m said:
From the tenor of the team's comments and the secrecy surrounding all this, my guess is we're all probably suspecting the same thing, but none of us are too impolite to raise it publicly or say it.

If it is that thing it's definitely the type of thing that can take awhile to diagnose and know the extent of after a trauma.

I have no idea what condition you're trying to imply to be honest. Amnesia?
Amnesia could be the case. Her would have to relearn so much. Still has the physical talent but could act like a whole new person. He could have been in a coma for days or a few weeks we have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1dsrwf4d said:
themunn":1dsrwf4d said:
Popeyejones":1dsrwf4d said:
From the tenor of the team's comments and the secrecy surrounding all this, my guess is we're all probably suspecting the same thing, but none of us are too impolite to raise it publicly or say it.

If it is that thing it's definitely the type of thing that can take awhile to diagnose and know the extent of after a trauma.

I have no idea what condition you're trying to imply to be honest. Amnesia?
Amnesia could be the case. Her would have to relearn so much. Still has the physical talent but could act like a whole new person. He could have been in a coma for days or a few weeks we have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If amnesia, Cable probably drooling over the idea of training him from scratch as O-line :stirthepot:

Seafan

Reaction score
So much speculation.

I've heard he suffered cranial nerve damage. Clear vision is important and if that returns he shouldn't have a problem returning to the field.

It's too early to speculate if he plays again. If this kid wants to play and he should have ample motivation I wouldn't count him out.