Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

Chapow

Reaction score
adeltaY":3tv96pal said:
Chapow":3tv96pal said:
SoulfishHawk":3tv96pal said:
Yet, plenty of people on here toasted the Hawks for their so called "horrible" decision to not get this guy. There's a reason he fell that far down in the draft.

There were still people very, very recently roasting the FO for "giving Foster to the 9ers". Boy do they look stupid.

Yeah the Hawks really put that pick to good use.

First of all, I don't see what that has to do with my comment that people look stupid for raking the FO over the coals for "giving Foster to the 9ers".

Second, they used their pick to trade down 3 spots, gaining a high 4th round pick, and still got the guy they wanted.

Finally, McDowell missed his rookie season. That happens to lots of guys for lots of different reasons. He's still 21 years old and could still turn out to be a good player. We don't know yet.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3cwayo2a said:
adeltaY":3cwayo2a said:
Chapow":3cwayo2a said:
SoulfishHawk":3cwayo2a said:
Yet, plenty of people on here toasted the Hawks for their so called "horrible" decision to not get this guy. There's a reason he fell that far down in the draft.

There were still people very, very recently roasting the FO for "giving Foster to the 9ers". Boy do they look stupid.

First of all, I don't see what that has to do with my comment that people look stupid for raking the FO over the coals for "giving Foster to the 9ers".

Second, they used their pick to trade down 3 spots, gaining a high 4th round pick, and still got the guy they wanted.

Finally, McDowell missed his rookie season. That happens to lots of guys for lots of different reasons. He's still 21 years old and could still turn out to be a good player. We don't know yet.

I for one definitely was in the "wanting Foster" camp, but I was ok with out pick at the time, it just wasn't the one I'd have taken. But then again, I generally admit that I am not cut out to be an NFL GM

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":1lnoc9no said:
Chapow":1lnoc9no said:
adeltaY":1lnoc9no said:
Chapow":1lnoc9no said:

I for one definitely was in the "wanting Foster" camp, but I was ok with out pick at the time, it just wasn't the one I'd have taken. But then again, I generally admit that I am not cut out to be an NFL GM

None of us are.

mrt144

Reaction score
Marvin49":t9fwxh0r said:
kidhawk":t9fwxh0r said:
Chapow":t9fwxh0r said:
adeltaY":t9fwxh0r said:

None of us are.

What GM job would allow dragon cloud vaping of all things vapable?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":tr5kru3t said:
kidhawk":tr5kru3t said:
chris98251":tr5kru3t said:
Man hits man it's a fight or assault.

Man hits women it's domestic violence.

This statement isn't true. The difference between DV and assault isn't the sex of the perpetrator or the victim, it's the situation. It's DV assault if it's on a family member or significant other. It's just assault if it's on someone outside that close circle of famiy/partner

Back on topic...2 arrests in a month, there'd have to be some overwhelming evidence in his favor for me to say he should not be cut whether he was on my team or another.

Ok you live here, Uncle Bob and women fight it's DV,

Uncle Bob and Me it's a fight and a assault.

Uncle Bob and a kid it's assault and child abuse.

It depends very much on the arresting officer how it is written up.

It matters legally and criminally what we call violence................THAT'S why all these examples of violence are categorized differently in the eyes of the law and court system.

They all carry different charges, different levels of criminal severity, different agencies involved depending on the classification.

Not sure what your point is Chris, cause it seems like you're trying to take a shot at some gender equality hypocrisy. But when there's violence, it certainly matters how we classify it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":34mgn9v9 said:
kidhawk":34mgn9v9 said:
Chapow":34mgn9v9 said:
adeltaY":34mgn9v9 said:

None of us are.

So true, but you might be surprised at the number of people who really believe they are

Marvin49

Reaction score
...so more detail...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/12/ ... urces-say/

A statement from Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police says officers were dispatched around 9:15 a.m. Sunday to a home on Shannon Road for a welfare check and to respond to a possible disturbance. Foster was eventually arrested without incident.

Police did not release any additional details, but sources familiar with the investigation say the victim told officers that she and Foster were arguing and that he threw her belongings onto a front walkway and balcony. At some point, she said he physically dragged her in an apparent attempt to remove her from the home, sources said.

According to an archived police dispatch radio recording of the 911 call, “the RP (reporting party) advises there should be at least two AR-15 weapons in the house.”

Both that statement and the domestic-violence allegation would provide cause for police to search for and remove any firearms from the home. It was apparently during that search that officers found the allegedly illegal rifle.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Need more details of exactly what went down, but if he put her stuff on the porch and forcibly removed her from the house (without striking her, dragging her by her hair, tossing her, etc) I can live with that. Anything more than that and I’m still all for booting him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24oqpown said:
So many players seem to think they can do whatever they want w/out consequences.

IIRC NFL players have a lower arrest rate than the general population. When they get arrested we just hear about it. Lots of myths that surround sports.

adeltaY

Reaction score
How can we throw shade at the niners for drafting Foster and say the McDowell pick was only bad in hindsight. I think both of them were good moves at the time, they just didn't work out. There was nothing in McDowell's history to suggest he'd get into an ATV accident and an altercation at a club besides a lack of effort on the field (do those even correlate?) and there was nothing in Foster's history suggesting he would be involved in something as serious as a domestic violence case.

Both front offices took somewhat of a gamble and neither paid off so far. One side making fun of the other doesn't make much sense here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":5oe6st15 said:
How can we throw shade at the niners for drafting Foster and say the McDowell pick was only bad in hindsight. I think both of them were good moves at the time, they just didn't work out. There was nothing in McDowell's history to suggest he'd get into an ATV accident and an altercation at a club besides a lack of effort on the field (do those even correlate?) and there was nothing in Foster's history suggesting he would be involved in something as serious as a domestic violence case.

Both front offices took somewhat of a gamble and neither paid off so far. One side making fun of the other doesn't make much sense here.

When you’re talking about rival fans, it shouldn’t always make sense

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33e5rfwp said:
Well, plenty of people acted like the Hawks were idiots for not taking Foster, so........

And plenty of people, myself included, thought brining in Percy Harvin was a great move for the Hawks.

Hindsight is a hell of a drug.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I was fricken stoked. On talent alone, Percy was ridiculous. Other than that, epic fail as a teammate.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I was severely bored so I was reading the “denial zone”. In the “do we cut Foster thread”, quite a few poster said the main reason they didn’t want him cut was that he’d sign here and destroy them twice a year. LOL. I’d see the chance of that happening as close to 0% as you can get. Maybe with Jerruh’s kids, but I don’t see any other teams willing to take the huge PR hit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2l3ynpot said:
SoulfishHawk":2l3ynpot said:
Well, plenty of people acted like the Hawks were idiots for not taking Foster, so........

And plenty of people, myself included, thought brining in Percy Harvin was a great move for the Hawks.

Hindsight is a hell of a drug.

I thought the Percy acquisition was bad from the start...

...but I'm not getting a big head. I've been wrong about ALOT (I mean ALOT) of other stuff. LOL.

original poster

Reaction score
I feel pretty sorry for the guy, actually.

He's had about as tough of a life as it comes. His father shot his mother whilst she was holding him when he was very young for crying out loud.

He's seriously damaged goods, poor guy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
original poster":3mzhdn56 said:
I feel pretty sorry for the guy, actually.

He's had about as tough of a life as it comes. His father shot his mother whilst she was holding him when he was very young for crying out loud.

He's seriously damaged goods, poor guy.

Yeah, he's definitely had a rough go of it for sure, and really didn't seem to grow up in an environment that would prepare him to have his crap together at 23 years old. I think the issue with him right now is that we don't really know the details of most of this stuff, so it's unclear if his behavior are things we can explain AND excuse, or if his behavior is things we can explain and CAN'T excuse.

For instance:

Weed in Alabama: If you're in a state with really draconian weed possession laws it's dumb to be carrying weed around, but this is something I can both explain and excuse.

The Gun: Is it a gun he bought legally in a different state that's illegal in the state of CA and he didn't know that? Again that's dumb, but I can explain him making bad decisions, and can excuse him doing something dumb. Or maybe it's a federally banned gun with no serial number on it that he bought off someone? That I can explain but can't really excuse, and as it's a federal crime he's probably going to serve jail time for it. IMO there could be a big difference between "explain" and "excuse" on this one, depending on the details.

The Altercation: We know he was living with his long-term girlfriend, they got in a fight, and he was kicking her out -- he put her stuff on the porch. The accusation is that he also dragged her out of the house, which is where the DV charge comes from. Did he carry her out of the house? Did he pull her by her shoulders out of the house? From his background I can explain him having an unstable relationship with a SO, and I from that explanation I can excuse those types of things, thinking he probably needs to get out of that relationship and needs to get some counseling. Or maybe he dragged her out by her hair, or literally tossed her out of the house, or struck her with an open or closed fist or choked her while dragging her out of the house. I can explain that too, but can't excuse it at all. IMO there could be a HUGE difference between "explain" and "excuse" on this one, depending on the details.

9ers fans are comparing Foster to Aldon Smith, but I don't really think that's right. Aldon has addiction problems and was a huge dumbass many times over, but never hurt anyone. Foster isn't close (yet) to Aldon's many, many instances of dumbassery, but he may have hurt someone.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":24w8szzy said:
Yeah, he's definitely had a rough go of it for sure, and really didn't seem to grow up in an environment that would prepare him to have his crap together at 23 years old. I think the issue with him right now is that we don't really know the details of most of this stuff, so it's unclear if his behavior are things we can explain AND excuse, or if his behavior is things we can explain and CAN'T excuse.

For instance:

Weed in Alabama: If you're in a state with really draconian weed possession laws it's dumb to be carrying weed around, but this is something I can both explain and excuse.

The Gun: Is it a gun he bought legally in a different state that's illegal in the state of CA and he didn't know that? Again that's dumb, but I can explain him making bad decisions, and can excuse him doing something dumb. Or maybe it's a federally banned gun with no serial number on it that he bought off someone? That I can explain but can't really excuse, and as it's a federal crime he's probably going to serve jail time for it. IMO there could be a big difference between "explain" and "excuse" on this one, depending on the details.

The Altercation: We know he was living with his long-term girlfriend, they got in a fight, and he was kicking her out -- he put her stuff on the porch. The accusation is that he also dragged her out of the house, which is where the DV charge comes from. Did he carry her out of the house? Did he pull her by her shoulders out of the house? From his background I can explain him having an unstable relationship with a SO, and I from that explanation I can excuse those types of things, thinking he probably needs to get out of that relationship and needs to get some counseling. Or maybe he dragged her out by her hair, or literally tossed her out of the house, or struck her with an open or closed fist or choked her while dragging her out of the house. I can explain that too, but can't excuse it at all. IMO there could be a HUGE difference between "explain" and "excuse" on this one, depending on the details.

9ers fans are comparing Foster to Aldon Smith, but I don't really think that's right. Aldon has addiction problems and was a huge dumbass many times over, but never hurt anyone. Foster isn't close (yet) to Aldon's many, many instances of dumbassery, but he may have hurt someone.

Great perspective. I enjoyed reading this. Thanks.