Ricardo Lockette

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2nb00fk2 said:
The guy gave his all on every snap, sacrificing his body when the play called for it. Fearless.

And Fast - check out his speed on this one:

FoolhardyWarmBluet small

This is the way I remember him. His ability to get downfield as a gunner and make a well-timed hit just as the ball got there left me wondering why more Punt Returners didn't signal fair-catch!

The final play in the SB? Meh... a perfect storm on that play doesn't make it all his fault, nor what I'll remember.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’ve been very fortunate over the last several years.

I’ve had the opportunity to travel, and attend many games, especially for someone that doesn’t live in western Washington. I don’t compare myself or that situation to others, I simply count it as a blessing in my life.
During those travels I’ve had the opportunity to meet several players, and many more members of players families.

I’ve met, and actually hung out a little bit with Earl (Ricardo’s Father), he was at many of the games I’ve been able to attend. He attended most of the pregame functions that I had the chance to be involved with. I won’t claim we were close friends but he always greeted me with my name. Very cordial and down to earth.
708018fc6c4b277e8cff303ed1271984.jpg

c1940f76c2780f77c7513323ac53d86a.png

I was at the Game when Ricardo got hurt.
I actually had my eyes on the play when it happened.
903cd809af8a49200a2a4e0c18293881.jpg

I’m not claiming to be a personal friend of Ricardo or his family but I do feel a minor connection.

Having said all that, my memories are fond, they are not critical in any way.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-s ... -his-life/

The link above is worth the read. Takes about 1.5 minutes.
Cb066e9a3c6c7db6ca3cb4f702cae0f4

Edit:
Here’s a fact many may not know, or remember.

Ricardo became a Seahawk in 2011.

He spent time with the 9ers & the Bears.
Then reunited with the Hawks in “13”

Seymour

Reaction score
Lockette is a very well liked player by me. I remember his bone crushing hits on special teams, and his contributions at WR in spurts with some nice big plays mixed in. I do not hold him responsible for the SB49 loss at all, ya he could have gone harder at the ball but nobody saw Butler coming either.

Good player that filled his role on the team with big contributions and huge plays that it's sad that his career ended the way it did.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lockette is a great guy.

If you only knew. At least up to last year, he still did charity work up here. I did some work with his charity as my volunteer stuff intersected his.

Did you know that he tries to hire people from the NW for most of the stuff he does up here?

And at least last year, he was meeting with the team (not the FO the team) for part of that charity work.

I don't think it is fair at all to pin a terrible play call on the 4th string or 5th string WR for missing a catch when the guy on the other team used to play defense for us and saw that play regularly.

A lot of people take their opportunity in the spotlight to feather their nest, he took it to try to do something to make things better in resolving some problems he saw and felt he could help with.