Rice on the worst contract list

CoolRodney

Reaction score
Man, reading this stuff is really making me hate our WR situation this year.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Can't believe some of you guys are falling for the lies being propagated by a well-known Rice basher in this thread. (Not Scottie)

If any receiver on this team was upset about last preseason's QB competition, it was Baldwin who actually DID put out a questionable tweet or two out of frustration. Doug, who had been working and training with Flynn, made it clear who his preference was. But that was 11 months ago, and Wilson obviously proved all doubters wrong, in short order.

Rice is every bit the competitor on offense that Sherman is on defense. Wilson, for all his successes, was missing wide open receivers aplenty during his first 4 to 6 starts. Rice gets open and wants the ball. That's a bad thing??

Go read Rices' glowing review of Wilson just a few days ago where he talks about the leader Russell has been since day one of his rookie year.

Locker room problem my ass.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bestfightstory":28arh6z9 said:
Can't believe some of you guys are falling for the lies being propagated by a well-known Rice basher in this thread. (Not Scottie)

If any receiver on this team was upset about last preseason's QB competition, it was Baldwin who actually DID put out a questionable tweet or two out of frustration. Doug, who had been working and training with Flynn, made it clear who his preference was. But that was 11 months ago, and Wilson obviously proved all doubters wrong, in short order.

Rice is every bit the competitor on offense that Sherman is on defense. Wilson, for all his successes, was missing wide open receivers aplenty during his first 4 to 6 starts. Rice gets open and wants the ball. That's a bad thing??

Go read Rices' glowing review of Wilson just a few days ago where he talks about the leader Russell has been since day one of his rookie year.

Locker room problem my ass.
I don't think he is a locker room problem right now. I was explaining why he has not measured up to his contract, IMO.

General Manager

Reaction score
The simple fact is until they find a receiver that's better he will be this team. He's still the best WR we have along with Tate so I expect he will be back next year . If one of the new guys steps up and can bring to the table what Rice brings then they might decide they can live without him. Injury's have a better chance of getting him moved or cut next year than anything else.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Obviously the dude doing the number crunching failed to include Sidney's deep-threat passing. Wasn't he 1-for-1 with a TD? And Tate too, but IIRC Tate's TD was an ugly duckling left-handed toss. Rice's throw was prettier.