Richard Sherman really is dominant at his position

RussB

Reaction score
253hawk":1vhu0rwj said:
You'll have to throw some money at Cris Collinsworth for a PFF subscription to find out the other two.
Probably jalen ramsey

hawkfan68

Reaction score
NINEster":3br8czcr said:
Josh Norman with nearly equal rating allowed to Sherman with less powerful supporting cast shows how dominant he really is.

Norman has a bigger mouth than Sherman. Just ask Odell Beckham Jr.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
253hawk":1fwigrrg said:
You'll have to throw some money at Cris Collinsworth for a PFF subscription to find out the other two.
Haha!! I went to PFF and saw their prices. No thank you.

Hyak

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2wd6nt4x said:
raisethe3":2wd6nt4x said:
What I love about our corners, they don't shy away from contacts. Like most corners here in the league, they rather tackle measly or just abruptly push players out of bounds.

Agreed.

I have always believed our D was the reason for our lone Super Bowl win w/Beast a close second.

Beast would tire out opposing defenses and our D would tire out opposing offenses.

Was a great 1-2 punch.

D has not been as dominant and no Beast has left the Seahawks as a good team but not a great one IMO.

Will be interesting/fun to see if that might change this season and we become a great team again.

The 2013 Defense was an all time great defense. 2012 and 2014 were very good in their own great but 2013's ranks up their with the 1985 Bears IMO. They crushed elite QB's that year.

That all said, 2013 was a pretty complete team with Lynch in his prime and Wilson was very good in his own right. I'm not sure they win it all without Wilson's contributions to get there. It wasn't the Ravens carrying Dilfer in 2000.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
JTB":3rmw047g said:
semiahmoo":3rmw047g said:
raisethe3":3rmw047g said:
What I love about our corners, they don't shy away from contacts. Like most corners here in the league, they rather tackle measly or just abruptly push players out of bounds.

Agreed.

I have always believed our D was the reason for our lone Super Bowl win w/Beast a close second.

Beast would tire out opposing defenses and our D would tire out opposing offenses.

Was a great 1-2 punch.

D has not been as dominant and no Beast has left the Seahawks as a good team but not a great one IMO.

Will be interesting/fun to see if that might change this season and we become a great team again.

The 2013 Defense was an all time great defense. 2012 and 2014 were very good in their own great but 2013's ranks up their with the 1985 Bears IMO. They crushed elite QB's that year.

That all said, 2013 was a pretty complete team with Lynch in his prime and Wilson was very good in his own right. I'm not sure they win it all without Wilson's contributions to get there. It wasn't the Ravens carrying Dilfer in 2000.

I agree but I do think a decent NFL QB would have had a legit shot of winning a ring with that D and Beastmode.

RW was pretty darn good too, though, for sure.

Hyak

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^

I don't know. TJack was statistically average with the same offensive skill players and I don't think they come close to the SB with a player like him. Like Mike Sando pointed out, this team didn't accomplish much before Wilson came on board even though some of the big pieces proceeded him.

I actually think Wilson gets short changed a little on that team. People tend to forget how efficient the passing game (QB rating, TD/INT ratio, YPA) was in limited throws and how his impact running it also factored into Lynch's best years. Wilson was IMO the perfect QB for how the team was built.

Take Wilson out of the equation and perhaps they don't win the NFC West and get home field. That could have been a difference between SB win and a tough road loss.