Richard's agent expects $5mil in endorsements

LOOMiS

Reaction score
Sherman's post game rant could be turned into an awesome Snicker's commercial...

"Richard, eat a Snickers".

olyfan63

Reaction score
FairWeatherFan":27dzantm said:
None of Sherman's actions with the media at the NFC Championship game were staged. He just couldn't believe that his former coach had planned to win the NFC Championship game against his abilities going up against Michael Crabtree. He knew the final play was designed specifically to win the game in a match up - betting that Crabtree would score the touchdown. :shock: To me, this is a extremely profound event. Think about it - SF tried to have all the NFC Championship glory in our stadium at Richards expense!!! :shock: It's like somebody sneaking up on you and attempting to pull your pants down, in front of a bunch of people, but instead you spin around and punch them in the mouth. :lol: I get it.

Revenge is sweet - Richard Sherman just got his revenge and rubbed it in SF face after the game on national TV. That is what happened. He's only getting big dollar endorsements for being himself. :th2thumbs:

What a great post! Haven't seen anyone else connect the dots quite like that. It makes a ton of sense, the plot behind the plot...
We know there is no love lost between Sherman and Harbaugh, from their college days at Stanford.

I can just see the evil genius Harbaugh (giving credit where credit is due, for his football mind) approaching it just that way... "Lets rub Sherman's nose in it, for old times sake..."
It came scary-close to being successful, too. I have zero doubt that Harbaugh's mind works this way.
Sherman immediately saw this plot too, as you pointed out.

Kaep's pass was on target, and Crabtree pushed off just enough to create separation, it was all right there for the Niners, 24-23, Super Bowl, while humbling Sherman in front of a huge national audience, even making him the goat. Only Crabtree's push-off didn't create quite enough separation, and Sherman's length allowed him to get a hand on the ball... and nobody talks enough about the awesome hustle play Malcolm Smith made to be there to pick the tip.

In the end, Harbaugh's ego and desire to show up Sherman backfired massively. Actually, it was as good a plan as any, other than maybe trying to hit Vernon Davis.