RIP Bud Grant

sc85sis

Reaction score
Legendary Vikings coach Bud Grant passed away. He was one of Pete’s friends and biggest influences, and an all-time great coach.

Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Bud's Viking's ruled the roost for 8 strong years in the late 60's to mid-70s.

He was a helluva football coach (and outdoorsman!!).

RIP, brother... you deserve it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rest easy Coach. Pete has a heavy heart today.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Pete's mentor. I'll never forget that 2016 playoff game outdoors with Minnesota, -6°, -25° windchill, everyone bundled up like Eskimos, and there's 88 year old Bud Grant in a goddamn short sleeve polo shirt. Dude was made of something else. RIP.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Pete's mentor. I'll never forget that 2016 playoff game outdoors with Minnesota, -6°, -25° windchill, everyone bundled up like Eskimos, and there's 88 year old Bud Grant in a goddamn short sleeve polo shirt. Dude was made of something else. RIP.
This was the 1st thing I thought of when I heard Bud Grant had passed away. One thing about Bud Grant that is never talked about is his career in the NBA where he was part of a Lakers team that won an NBA title in 1950

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Great coach and fond of his Viking teams back in the 80’s. He had some good duals against Chuck Knox

chris98251

Reaction score
Forever and a day when you mentioned Minnesota Vikings Bud Grant was the next thing you thought of. The years of watching them play in the snow against teams with him stone faced on the sidelines. He and Chuck Knox had that same piercing stare, you just didn't cross them. His Bio shows he was a player and Champion in the NBA, player and coach for Winnipeg and won 4 Grey Cups as well, very talented man and found success in many ways. The legacy he left is still on display with Pete. RIP Bud Grant.

Latest posts