Rob Rang gives us a B

Seanhawk

Reaction score
nash72":1dd1fbzm said:
Ad Hawk":1dd1fbzm said:
nash72":1dd1fbzm said:
Sorry about the technicality. I meant most people on this board and most analysts i've read. Where do you see him playing.

Sad when we're not even sure or confident he'll make the roster.

Hey, I hope i'm surprised by the kid, but so far, he looks to be the worst pick in the draft to me.

Sorry, the O-line just isn't the priority for some as you'd like it to be.

It absolutely is a priority. We cant run the ball and our QB is going to get killed due to it. Shame the FO has done such a piss poor job in regards to fixing it.

By the way, do you need some help with your avatar? I'd be glad to lend a helping hand.

Don't do it AdHawk. It'll just end up looking like this:

Ed14feb80cfac3b4c30346b1ef5669be

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3bajzvx7 said:
nash72":3bajzvx7 said:
Ad Hawk":3bajzvx7 said:
nash72":3bajzvx7 said:
Sorry about the technicality. I meant most people on this board and most analysts i've read. Where do you see him playing.

Hey, I hope i'm surprised by the kid, but so far, he looks to be the worst pick in the draft to me.

It absolutely is a priority. We cant run the ball and our QB is going to get killed due to it. Shame the FO has done such a piss poor job in regards to fixing it.

By the way, do you need some help with your avatar? I'd be glad to lend a helping hand.

Don't do it AdHawk. It'll just end up looking like this:

Ed14feb80cfac3b4c30346b1ef5669be

LOL, selfies of Nash... good call.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":3g179k0z said:
Ad Hawk":3g179k0z said:

I think you missed the bolded above. There are other people involved in this process or even on this board who don't place the same value on the O-line's "needs" as you do. Yell, whine, pout, or even use good football evidence all you want, they're not listening to you, they don't care, nor should they.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":10k5q13p said:

Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning for some time to get to it. I have Avatars off in my profile, and haven't see my own in years.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And to be fair, we all expect and acknowledge our offensive line needs to show improvement. It's just that the draft, especially this past draft, isn't the only way to get that done. And having said that, we still did get at least one decent lineman out of the process, maybe more.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":2x2byqbu said:
Ad Hawk":2x2byqbu said:
nash72":2x2byqbu said:

People were saying the same thing in 2012, yet Wilson just keeps on doing well.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Couple points, There are so many talking heads that have opinions on drafts and prospects now a days you can find one to fit your narrative.

For example. Mike Mayock who I personally like, said that Pocic had better Tackle skills the all of the tackles in this years draft.........

But hey im glass half full. You go ahead and take the opinion of someone who isn't as rosey.

But one thing you cannot do is say Seattle refuses to do anything about their oline. 2016 1st rd pick Ifedi, 2016 3rd rd pick Odiambo, 2017 Free Agent Joekle, 2017 Free Agent Aboushi (sp) 2017 2nd rd pick Pocic

They are trying.

But getting olineman is hard man. I'd say two thirds of the league fans say that oline is a weak spot for their team.

Chapow

Reaction score
nash72":2vijzu2b said:
The Seahawks did add two offensive linemen, burly blockers Ethan Pocic and Justin Senior from the SEC, but neither possesses the agility and balance most teams require of its tackles, so expecting either rookie to solve Seattle's pass blocking woes is probably unrealistic.

Hmmm

Expecting any rookie (or rookies) to solve any teams pass blocking woes is probably unrealistic.

Would you say that's a pretty fair and generally true statement? Especially for this draft that was considered the worst OL draft in a really, really long time?

jeremiah

Reaction score
I am a cynic and a naysayer by trade. With that said, I think this draft was OUT standing. A- or B+ at worst. I cannot wait to see how the O line works out, praying for Tyler Lockett, but can't see how he can ever play pro again. But the D should be much improved with the new guys coming in.

Hawks46

Reaction score
nash72":2yzcj23f said:
Ruminator":2yzcj23f said:
nash72":2yzcj23f said:
The Seahawks did add two offensive linemen, burly blockers Ethan Pocic and Justin Senior from the SEC, but neither possesses the agility and balance most teams require of its tackles, so expecting either rookie to solve Seattle's pass blocking woes is probably unrealistic.

Hmmm

Oh, damn. "Expecting either rookie to solve Seattle's pass blocking woes is probably unrealistic." And here I thought Pocic was for sure the second coming of Walter Jones, Max Unger, Steve Hutchinson, and Breno Giacomini all morphed into one and multiplied ten-fold.

Problem is, everybodys expecting Pocic to be our starting right tackle ( but neither possesses the agility and balance most teams require of its tackles). I think it was a horrible and wasted pick and I doubt he cracks our starting lineup.

Gee, what if Ifedi ends up taking the RT spot, and Pocic does something piddling like start at RG and do ok ? Does that screw up your narrative at all ?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The scouts think Posic's best position is Center or RT so I do think he will get an opportunity at RT. Doesn't mean he will win the starting job but it will be him or Ifedi. Second when Britt went down last year for a game or two Hunt was completely in over his head they needed a legit option there if Britt gets hurt and Hunt isn't the answer he's heading to the practice squad or will be cut this year.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
jeremiah":347xdpyq said:
I am a cynic and a naysayer by trade. With that said, I think this draft was OUT standing. A- or B+ at worst. I cannot wait to see how the O line works out, praying for Tyler Lockett, but can't see how he can ever play pro again. But the D should be much improved with the new guys coming in.

Lockett broke his leg and is looking to be ready to begin the season. Not sure why you are ending his career.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
It's almost like our coaching staff is just window dressing. Our line was the youngest in the league last year, there is A LOT of room for growth, and these young men will grow and continue to gel and get better with time and COACHING. I know most of us are down on Cable...but he's coaching in the NFL for a reason.

I would never assume I know more than the Hawks' coaching staff, scouts or front office personnel. They do this professionally, and have brought a MASSIVE amount of success to the Northwest by doing exactly what they're doing.

Our OL will get better. Our OL will be better. No draft pick on the OL this year would have changed the landscape of our line problems immediately.

What this draft DID DO, was ensure building blocks for a dominant defense for the years ahead.

We signed a brilliantly smart and mobile QB for a reason - we pay top $ for defense, not OL.

Keep in mind that Wilson still passed for the highest yardage total of his career behind the worst offensive line in the NFL...

...and they'll get better.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Lockett broke his leg and is looking to be ready to begin the season. Not sure why you are ending his career.

Experience, I had a less severe break of my ankle and it took me nearly five years to be able to live a day without pain. Half of a day was normal, then laying down and reducing the swelling was necessary. It has been18 years and it still is a literal pain. Lockett had a break in both the tibia and fibula, a compound fracture at that. It was a Joe Theissman type of injury, with of course his youth and medical advances in his favor. I just don't see it. Broken bones that close to the ankle joint are very dicey.

With that said, I own his jersey. He is my favorite Seahawk and i would love for him to have a long career. More than that, a long pain free life with children, grandchildren and the ability to enjoy his life.

nash72

Reaction score
Hawks46":syrrlwep said:
nash72":syrrlwep said:
Problem is, everybodys expecting Pocic to be our starting right tackle ( but neither possesses the agility and balance most teams require of its tackles). I think it was a horrible and wasted pick and I doubt he cracks our starting lineup.

Gee, what if Ifedi ends up taking the RT spot, and Pocic does something piddling like start at RG and do ok ? Does that screw up your narrative at all ?

Pocic very well could end up starting (lets face it, our line sucks so thats not some huge accomplishment) and I hope he does well. The right side wasnt my concern as much though. Russ can at least see those lineman coming. Whatever, the line is what it is at this point and its not going to change (even i'm getting sick of talking about it). I see the sack numbers for Russ being in the high to mid 40's again so i'm just going to pray he makes it the entire season injury free and we'll see what happens from there.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Have to assume based on new additions that both the line and the running game will be improved, so Russ' sack numbers would go down just by that.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Some "experts" gave our 2012 draft an "F" so I don't really pay much attention to draft grades.

Hopefully some of these young men pan out and help the team. If we can get two of these guys to become good, quality starters three years from now, then we can call the draft a success imo

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1yvr68hy said:
Some "experts" gave our 2012 draft an "F" so I don't really pay much attention to draft grades.

Hopefully some of these young men pan out and help the team. If we can get two of these guys to become good, quality starters three years from now, then we can call the draft a success imo

That was for Fantastic don't ya know :) I'm sure they would say that now :)

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
jeremiah":3ofwj04y said:

Experience, I had a less severe break of my ankle and it took me nearly five years to be able to live a day without pain. Half of a day was normal, then laying down and reducing the swelling was necessary. It has been18 years and it still is a literal pain. Lockett had a break in both the tibia and fibula, a compound fracture at that. It was a Joe Theissman type of injury, with of course his youth and medical advances in his favor. I just don't see it. Broken bones that close to the ankle joint are very dicey.

With that said, I own his jersey. He is my favorite Seahawk and i would love for him to have a long career. More than that, a long pain free life with children, grandchildren and the ability to enjoy his life.

Did you just compare your recovery to that of a world class athlete with access to the top medical care and procedures that have advanced in the nearly two decades since you experienced your injury, which, by your own admittance is not even the same?

Asking for a friend.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I did compare a little bit. I was also in great shape and my doctor was the man who put Bobby Hurley back together. Remember Bobby Hurley? He was in a real bad traffic accident. He was the starting PG for Sacramento, averaging 7 pts, and 6 rebounds as a rookie. He really never averaged over 15 minutes per game after the injury. There are some things that just end it, and IMO expecting Tyler Lockett to return to form is a wish and a hope, not a certainty. If he makes it, God bless him.