Rob Rang gives us a B

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Draft grading is right up there with mock drafts and power indexes for the most useless waste of time.

If Rang grades drafts more than two years old now that there's been adequate time to see if the players panned out or not? I'm all ears..........but grading a draft class that hasn't set one foot on a pro field? Dumb.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v8srlb9e said:
Draft grading is right up there with mock drafts and power indexes for the most useless waste of time.

If Rang grades drafts more than two years old now that there's been adequate time to see if the players panned out or not? I'm all ears..........but grading a draft class that hasn't set one foot on a pro field? Dumb.

But still fun.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
jeremiah":8hcba8r0 said:
I did compare a little bit. I was also in great shape and my doctor was the man who put Bobby Hurley back together. Remember Bobby Hurley? He was in a real bad traffic accident. He was the starting PG for Sacramento, averaging 7 pts, and 6 rebounds as a rookie. He really never averaged over 15 minutes per game after the injury. There are some things that just end it, and IMO expecting Tyler Lockett to return to form is a wish and a hope, not a certainty. If he makes it, God bless him.

Were you in professional athlete condition wen you broke your ankle?

Now you are throwing Hurley's injuries into the ring? He was t-boned and thrown from his vehicle and was lucky to live. Hardly comparable to a broken leg.

chris98251

Reaction score
With the technology now, understandings more advanced, rehab and facilities available like Hyperbolic chambers and such, advanced physical conditions of our athletes. players can come back faster and with less residual effect, ACL's 6 to 9 months now, Knee injuries weeks instead of months in many cases.

We as normal Joes don't have the facilities, the money, the resources and the ability to use some of their medical people, makes us at a disadvantage don't you think.

jeremiah

Reaction score
He has all the advantages, you are correct. I want No E to return to form, be even better. I hope he makes it. All I am saying is it will be a medical miracle. It really was quite similar to Joe Theismanns injury. Go Hawks. 13-3 and a return to a dominating D this year....my prediction

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jeremiah":2vqwmrzn said:
He has all the advantages, you are correct. I want No E to return to form, be even better. I hope he makes it. All I am saying is it will be a medical miracle.

It really won't.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":1ijol6dv said:
The next time Rang is correct on a prospect will be the first. I trust Pete and John and respect the opinions of McShay and Mayock. I don't care what a blogger thinks. I'd say their opinion is a dime a dozen but it's actually much less.

Rob Rang is correct more often than not. "Dime-a-dozen Blogger?" That just proves you are not familiar with his work. He is a Sportswriter, NFL Draft analyst for The Sports Xchange and CBSSports.com and is really good at what he does.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rang is one of the most in touch guys when it comes to the Seahawks, is he right all the time, no, but is anyone? He knows how we draft and what we look for, he may not get names right but he is pretty good at position break down and what we will go after.

Seafan

Reaction score
Go look at his predictions for the Hawks the last four or five drafts. Posters here have a better track record. More often right than not? Seriously? His opinion is just like everyone else's. One in a million.

There are many posters here with better analysis and insight.

Not that the draft can be graded now and that a "B" grade isn't warranted, it's too early to truly grade the draft. Based on his body of work his opinion is no more valued than anyone else.

Megatron

Reaction score
jeremiah":ec3yashw said:
He has all the advantages, you are correct. I want No E to return to form, be even better. I hope he makes it. All I am saying is it will be a medical miracle. It really was quite similar to Joe Theismanns injury. Go Hawks. 13-3 and a return to a dominating D this year....my prediction

Theismann's injury was a comminuted compound fracture of his tibula and fibula, comminuted means the bone(s), I'm not sure which one or both, were basically shattered. That was 22 years ago and there have been major advancements in the treatment of injuries since then. Leon Washington had the same injury (non-comminuted with out associated ligament or tendon injury) as Lockett to my understanding and came back just fine.