Rodgers-Cromartie Comments Refreshing

gulliver

Reaction score
Anyone who believes the "not prepared" or "wanted it more" canard... let's talk about some oceanfront property in Arizona.

Fact is, Denver's game plan fell absolutely flat, and they were also out-executed in every phase of the game.

Both teams were jacked coming out of the tunnel--they both wanted it badly. No difference there.

And it's not like the Broncs "weren't prepared"--it's that they tried to recycle what was successful against aggressive defenses previously in the season, and against teams late in the playoffs, and we had a game plan to stop it. We flat out executed (vs) them--interpret that how you will.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":12s9x20b said:
Welker also said they werent prepared.

I don't get this one. How are you not prepared for the Super Bowl?

Sure coaches have a responsibility as in Fox apparently turned down the crowd noise since it wouldn't be a factor but what else? The players are responsible for themselves and they watch tape with coaches etc etc

PC and Sherman both confirmed that their gameplan for defense was what they do all year and if anything simpler than normal. So how would you not be prepared.....
I'm supposing that he probably meant to say something like "We weren't prepared to be taken to that level of speed and ferocity", and that they'd be able to make adjustments on the fly to compensate.
I'm also thinking that Manning was expecting that he'd be able to defuse the Legion of Boom with his expertise, and the Seahawks just overwhelmed him with pinpoint cover and lightening quick pressure.
So of course they weren't prepared.

Polaris

Reaction score
If you look at their body language not only during the interviews but the game (PFM is especially expressive), it's a clear case of "shock and awe". Just like we predicted right after the NFCCG, the Broncos had no idea just how much faster, physical, and simply better the NFC (and esp NFCW) Defenses simply were compared to anything else they've faced.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3qz9mqqn said:
mikeak":3qz9mqqn said:
Welker also said they werent prepared.

I don't get this one. How are you not prepared for the Super Bowl?

Translation: We didn't take the Seahawks seriously enough. We thought that we'd pick their D apart just because we were able to handle the Chiefs. We didn't realize the Seahawks were on a completely different level. Also, our defense thought that the last two months of the Seahawks' passing game meant that we could just stop Lynch and all would be fine. We didn't understand that Wilson and his receivers were playing a conservative game against incredibly tough defenses - most of whom were tougher than anything we'd faced all year.

To sum up, we thought we were facing a good team from the NFC that we could handle. What we got was something else entirely. We were prepared for the Super Bowl. We weren't prepared for the Seahawks.

It boggles my mind how a professional organization with access to all the tape they need could still come to this conclusion.

Coaching failure, mostly. But Peyton Manning should have known what was coming, he's just as involved with the tape as anyone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't see the AFC winning a Super Bowl for awhile. Besides Seattle, there were at least 4 other NFC teams that were better than the Donkos, and 2 of them are from our division. I'm not a raw raw NFC guy either but those are the facts!

ASuperForce

Reaction score
They weren't prepared because the AFC doesn't have any defenses like ours. They'll be "prepared" next year after they play the entire NFC West.

Polaris

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2hhp8b2g said:
It boggles my mind how a professional organization with access to all the tape they need could still come to this conclusion.

Coaching failure, mostly. But Peyton Manning should have known what was coming, he's just as involved with the tape as anyone.

They saw it. They simply couldn't believe it. I think it's really as simple as that.

hawk45

Reaction score
ASuperForce":18xtyt59 said:
They weren't prepared because the AFC doesn't have any defenses like ours. They'll be "prepared" next year after they play the entire NFC West.

Although since they have to play the entire NFCW their chances of being the AFC representative to use that new-found knowledge are a lot less.

The Colts had to play the NFCW this year didn't they? I'm assuming they'll be spared that fate next year (although they did very well against this division), heck that may make the Colts a favorite for HFA in the AFC.

Polaris

Reaction score
hawk45":3vyrq0c1 said:
ASuperForce":3vyrq0c1 said:

Although since they have to play the entire NFCW their chances of being the AFC representative to use that new-found knowledge are a lot less.

The Colts had to play the NFCW this year didn't they? I'm assuming they'll be spared that fate next year (although they did very well against this division), heck that may make the Colts a favorite for HFA in the AFC.

The fact that Denver (and KC) has to face the NFCW and AFCE both almost certainly means that the AFCW Champ (likely Denver) won't have a first week bye let alone a #1 seed.