Rodgers' injury "a little bit worse"

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Jacknut16":3da4t462 said:
BlueBlood":3da4t462 said:
Can I be 100% honest? Take this for what you will Ok. I played competitive flag football and was the quarterback, one of the best in my league. Well, I stepped in a pot hole at work "night time, couldn't see" and couldn't practice much if anything besides stationary throwing. We had a tournament coming up, this was about 5 years ago, and took 2 weeks off before our first game. During this time I wrapped, soaked, heated and received massages at home and by a professional almost daily after work. I could walk and everything seemed fine. Got to the field an hour early and warmed up pretty well. Ran some straight lines with no cuts and thought I was good to go. Game starts and we got the ball first and quess what? Yups, very first play I pulled it again and had to play the rest of the game favoring my right calf muscle and let me tell you it's a serious issue. Mobility is all but gone at that point. I watched today knowing exactly what AR was feeling and was amazed at how well he played considering. I finished with 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions and lost both games that day after being 1st all season. That injury he has is real and if it's cold or wet he's practically risking a serious long term injury. They won't sit him to start the game but if they are down by more than 24 at any point after half time they'll sit him of we don't knock him out sooner.

What league did you play in?

Portland's 8 man league.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Supposedly AR was able to move left which helped him. I was never able to find an angle I just ended up throwing off one foot the whole time. The ball really sails.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
BlueBlood":p5uuj5d1 said:
Jacknut16":p5uuj5d1 said:
BlueBlood":p5uuj5d1 said:
Can I be 100% honest? Take this for what you will Ok. I played competitive flag football and was the quarterback, one of the best in my league. Well, I stepped in a pot hole at work "night time, couldn't see" and couldn't practice much if anything besides stationary throwing. We had a tournament coming up, this was about 5 years ago, and took 2 weeks off before our first game. During this time I wrapped, soaked, heated and received massages at home and by a professional almost daily after work. I could walk and everything seemed fine. Got to the field an hour early and warmed up pretty well. Ran some straight lines with no cuts and thought I was good to go. Game starts and we got the ball first and quess what? Yups, very first play I pulled it again and had to play the rest of the game favoring my right calf muscle and let me tell you it's a serious issue. Mobility is all but gone at that point. I watched today knowing exactly what AR was feeling and was amazed at how well he played considering. I finished with 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions and lost both games that day after being 1st all season. That injury he has is real and if it's cold or wet he's practically risking a serious long term injury. They won't sit him to start the game but if they are down by more than 24 at any point after half time they'll sit him of we don't knock him out sooner.

Portland's 8 man league.

Nice, We have won state 3 out of last 4 years up here in Auburn/Kent League.

Im the QB also, we are 6 on 6 man though, Immediate rush with no blocking.

Are you guys no contact?
We claim to be, yet its not much different than tackle a lot of the times.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2g5iaa4r said:
BlueBlood":2g5iaa4r said:
Jacknut16":2g5iaa4r said:
BlueBlood":2g5iaa4r said:

Portland's 8 man league.

Are you guys no contact?

I retired in 2011. Yes no contact but I've had my share of bumps and bruises!! Broken arms, collarbones, fingers, sprained everything lol..

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Rogers is a great QB, but he's also a diva. No doubt he's sore, but don't put too much stock into this injury. It's just a setup for a huge media circle-jerk or an excuse once the game gets past him.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Rogers: "I think I've got 120 minutes left in me," Rodgers said Sunday. "So I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I can play all those minutes."

Translation = I know we can't beat Seattle!

And, if the Hawks smoke the Pack like a cheap Cigar, the excuse will be that AR was playing injured and just couldn't get anything done.

mikeak

Reaction score
Anyone remember Byron Leftwich in college? Team mates picked him up and carried him to the LOS during 2 minute drill - I believe they won the game - LOL

StoneCold

Reaction score
dbsn2420":2nobf9r5 said:
Rogers: "I think I've got 120 minutes left in me," Rodgers said Sunday. "So I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I can play all those minutes."

Translation = I know we can't beat Seattle!

And, if the Hawks smoke the Pack like a cheap Cigar, the excuse will be that AR was playing injured and just couldn't get anything done.

Hmm, 120 minutes. Games usually last 3 hours so he should be toast by the 4th quarter. :)

SC

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":3sae5aso said:
Anyone remember Byron Leftwich in college? Team mates picked him up and carried him to the LOS during 2 minute drill - I believe they won the game - LOL

If you're talking the famous game against Akron in 2002, they lost 34-20. Still a really cool moment.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":113621qc said:
It will be warmer on Sunday (of course) and I will suggest that is a very bad thing for Rodgers. The cold numbs pain.

Posts like this are funny. Cold weather is not going to numb the pain of a pulled calf.

mikeak

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ymlmgv2 said:
mikeak":1ymlmgv2 said:

If you're talking the famous game against Akron in 2002, they lost 34-20. Still a really cool moment.

That's it - yes cool moment and my memory where they won was better than reality :D

Sac

Reaction score
mikeak":6fisoh2s said:
Basis4day":6fisoh2s said:
mikeak":6fisoh2s said:

That's it - yes cool moment and my memory where they won was better than reality :D
This also happened in Jacksonville.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rodgers looked like he was moving pretty fine in the second half of the game. Not sure if he just got loose or if he took the Toradol shot. Wouldn't be surprised if he looked a lot better next Sunday.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2cvxsjme said:
BlueBlood":2cvxsjme said:
Jacknut16":2cvxsjme said:
BlueBlood":2cvxsjme said:

Portland's 8 man league.

Are you guys no contact?

I played in an 8 man league in Vegas. Pretty brutal in the summer. Full contact on the line. Like you said, not a lot of difference at times. I played LB and Center, since I have decent hands for a 230 lber. Flag football is no joke.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
jdemps":3sxidv3a said:
Anyone wondering if he got a shot at halftime and it's now worse after the game because of it.

:stirthepot:

He supposedly doesn't take shots anywhere but his chin. As far as I know his chin is OK.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeaChase":2wodeyir said:
Hopefully wet, which would favor a good running game.

Obviously forecasts change but as of now, it looks to be unseasonably warm outside.. and dry.

55 and sunny.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
jdemps":2t7qje52 said:
Anyone wondering if he got a shot at halftime and it's now worse after the game because of it.

:stirthepot:

He supposedly doesn't take shots anywhere but his chin. As far as I know his chin is OK.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Not so fast, says coach Mike McCarthy.

"I think it feels a lot better this time this week than last week," McCarthy told reporters Monday, also nothing his quarterback felt better than after Week 17 against Detroit.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2duvhfom said:
It will be warmer on Sunday (of course) and I will suggest that is a very bad thing for Rodgers. The cold numbs pain.

Giphy

I am amazed they even let you on here. Cold weather is not the same as applying an ice pack to the....oh never mind. :roll:

Back on topic:

I tore both calf muscles helping a friend push a car out of the ditch and it was extremely difficult to play any sort of sports or do anything but walk slowly. It took 3 -4 months to fully heal causing me to miss football season. Calf injuries are very serious and how Rodgers even played the rest of the season is beyond me.

An injured Rodgers going against Seattle will be even worse than difficult. A healthy Rodgers and the match up is "difficult" at best. Imagine if Wilson was playing next week and he could barely move around. Take away Wilson's ability to run with a calf injury and it affects his entire game. Not just the running.

Good luck on Sunday. You won't need it. Green Bay will give you the best they got so try not to look past the game before it's played. Unlike what Sun Tzu will tell you, the games (battles) are not won or lost before they are played (fought). This outcome will be determined on Sunday.