Rose Bowl: USC v Penn State

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1e22ewtn said:
USC has one heck of a QB.

Cant say Im not bummed about the loss but yeah he is. That last touchdown pass was unbelievable. He had no business throwing that ball, yet he did without sweating a drop. PSU secondary looked shocked he attempted it too. I watched USC play Alabama, not impressed, Washington, thought it was a Husky let down, this game, wow, there is definitely a ton of talent on that team. Same with PSU, they are just as young and talented as USC. Wouldn't be surprised if these two are in the playoffs next year, in fact I think there is a real good chance that happens.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":36n2s5hf said:
brimsalabim":36n2s5hf said:

Cant say I not bummed about the loss but yeah he is. That last touchdown pass was unbelievable. He had no business throwing that ball, yet he did without sweating a drop. PSU secondary looked shocked he attempted it too. I watch USC play Alabama, not impressed, Washington, thought it was a Husky let down, this game, wow, there is definitely a ton of talent on that team. Same with PSU, they are just as young and talented as USC. Wouldn't be surprised if these two are in the playoffs next year, in fact I think there is a real good chance that happens.
Better play better D for that to happen

Largent80

Reaction score
Darnold will be a sophomore next year, so USC is in good hands.

I thought that linebacker for P.S. #40 looked awesome out there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Turns out Penn State probably had a legit gripe being left out the playoff. Also can't help to wonder what may have happened this season had Darnold started from day one, though I thought Max Browne would be what Darnold is.

Either way look forward to next year, should be a lot of fun with Darnold back. Ronald Jones is so damn fun too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":ewnl38em said:
brimsalabim":ewnl38em said:

Cant say I not bummed about the loss but yeah he is. That last touchdown pass was unbelievable. He had no business throwing that ball, yet he did without sweating a drop. PSU secondary looked shocked he attempted it too. I watch USC play Alabama, not impressed, Washington, thought it was a Husky let down, this game, wow, there is definitely a ton of talent on that team. Same with PSU, they are just as young and talented as USC. Wouldn't be surprised if these two are in the playoffs next year, in fact I think there is a real good chance that happens.

Would say USC has the better shot. Penn State has two title contenders in their own division.

USC will also have a much lighter schedule though they do play Western Michigan and Texas, but both are at home. They also get Oregon, Utah and Stanford at home and don't play Washington unless they meet in the title game. So that shapes up very nicely.

The Pac 12 will likely come down to Washington and USC again next year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3000j0p3 said:
Would say USC has the better shot. Penn State has two title contenders in their own division.

USC will also have a much lighter schedule though they do play Western Michigan and Texas, but both are at home. They also get Oregon, Utah and Stanford at home and don't play Washington unless they meet in the title game. So that shapes up very nicely.

Actually lucky for USC they dont play Oregon. Neither Oregon or Washington are on USC's schedule for the next two years.

For the record, I think USC easily wins the pac 12 next year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3lpvph3o said:
Hasselbeck":3lpvph3o said:

Actually lucky for USC they dont play Oregon. Neither Oregon or Washington are on USC's schedule for the next two years.

For the record, I think USC easily wins the pac 12 next year.

You're right. Its Oregon State we play at home.. so we actually get the better Oregon team at home. ;)

(I kid. xoxo J)