Roster cut announcements have begun

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I would've liked to see Kasen make the team, but it is what it is. While it may be confusing to keep a guy like McKissic for ST value over Kasen, it's time to move on. Honestly, does anyone want to see Lockett continue to field kicks? I don't. He's too valuable as a WR. That's probably where McKissic comes in. Plus, I think a lot on here are underestimating Darboh.

Seymour

Reaction score
Natethegreat":tkh07ucx said:
This must mean we are keeping some extra safety's and D lineman. Kasen seems like a guy we should keep around. Has the athletic ability that few do, to go up and get that ball.

I should have guessed this. Wilson won't throw the 50/50 balls to Graham, so why would he to Williams? I think his strengths are on Pete's no no list.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":opvnbme3 said:
AustrianHawk":opvnbme3 said:
Woah

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/904108419916881920[/tweet]

Yup. Even Richard Sherman himself can't believe it either.
There's the possibility that Sherman is saying all this tongue-in-cheek. He wouldn't be mocking fans, just having a little fun with our expertise from the outside.

As I stated in another thread on the WRs, McEvoy would be the keeper over Williams. I liked Kasens efforts. He may end up back with the team at some point.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Basis4day":2nubr11b said:
LeftHandSmoke":2nubr11b said:
Jazzhawk":2nubr11b said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheGeeScott/status/904110112092045312[/tweet]
This cut finally makes some sense even if it means TB gets signed elsewhere.

But we still don't have a serious, run-at-the-SB QB as backup in case RW gets hurt even worse than last year. The DB/SR money might better have been spent there.

What teams around the league have that?
Maybe nobody but the effect a QB has on any team far outweighs 1 of 4 pass rushers on the DL. We already had a great D even before the SR signing.

Point is, we are thin at the most important position that there is, on any team. One broken leg away from disaster.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It seems #25 ain't happy.

c6a79909efc12ba5cbb3d14ac07e8358.png

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/904113578629677056[/tweet]

FWIW

Seymour

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3tifvbn3 said:
I would've liked to see Kasen make the team, but it is what it is. While it may be confusing to keep a guy like McKissic for ST value over Kasen, it's time to move on. Honestly, does anyone want to see Lockett continue to field kicks? I don't. He's too valuable as a WR. That's probably where McKissic comes in. Plus, I think a lot on here are underestimating Darboh.

Hell ya! He could gain more yards there than at WR. They paid Percy Harvin $14M to do exactly that also.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think we will all remember this moment when we look back and wonder why the hell we kept Darboh and let go of guys like Williams or Desir.

But they always make a stupid decision like this every year to try to keep some worthless not even average player because he was drafted higher but never does anything in games.

I shouldn't be surprised at this point. It is pretty much a pattern with this team, even though it bites them in the *ss every year.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Basis4day":2idgen2e said:
LeftHandSmoke":2idgen2e said:
Jazzhawk":2idgen2e said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheGeeScott/status/904110112092045312[/tweet]
This cut finally makes some sense even if it means TB gets signed elsewhere.

But we still don't have a serious, run-at-the-SB QB as backup in case RW gets hurt even worse than last year. The DB/SR money might better have been spent there.

What teams around the league have that?

I've said it a hundred times -- the list of really, really good backup QB's out there ... is EXTREMELY small. That might (in all honesty) be the most 2nd most scarcest commodity out there (2nd only to Elite Level QB's). SI put this out not too long ago. It really illustrates the point well. It's a list of all 32 teams' back-up QB's. Tell me how many on that list honestly are really, really good QB's? ...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/15/ranking-nfl-backup-quarterbacks

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seymour":1s85oywk said:
Thepeelsessions":1s85oywk said:

Hell ya! He could gain more yards there than at WR. They paid Percy Harvin $14M to do exactly that also.
Me, too. Lockett on returns.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LawyerMilloy/status/904115065271586816[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2vwvjjsh said:
Darboh is worthless.

This year's Alex Collins.

I am calling it.

Every year we love to waste a roster spot on a guy that should barely even get a PS spot because he was drafted above the 5th round.

This year, that guy is Darboh. Not happy about losing Williams but really unhappy we are keeping Darboh.

Darboh should have gotten cut today. It is going to be interesting to see this guy on the field screwing our offense out of potential opportunities to move the sticks. Whatever.

Yes, we're going to fall short of the Super Bowl because of Amara Darboh. :roll: :roll: :roll:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":20zs9jtz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/904113578629677056[/tweet]

FWIW

I don't understand that particular sentiment. Making amazing catches over the heads of defensive backs on 50/50 redline prayer throws are the one skill set that practically every one of our WR's shares.

cymatica

Reaction score
Is the Darboh hate based off all-22 or tv footage? Maybe he did some good things off the camera

chris98251

Reaction score
Darboh showed nothing in Pre Season, only way he made it is by wowing in practice, Davis however is experienced and has played under pressure, playing for the Rams under Fisher is about as stress oriented as you could get with his attitude about young QB's. Not going to find a lot of back up QB's with starter experience that can give you a chance to win and not just protect the ball. Yes he is a game manager and doesn't have the big arm, but there have been more then a few of those that have won big games.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When Richardson gets injured, and we have problems moving the chains because none of our WRs besides Baldwin or Lockett can get first downs for us - just remember your concern.

Keeping Alex Collins cost us 2 games last year. It isn't out of bounds that keeping a worthless WR that can barely produce against the 2s might hurt you in real games. Not just a WR issue either, Desir losing a roster spot especially, because he is a serviceable CB that we are very likely going to need if any of our secondary goes down for a few downs or a few games.

When we continually have problems scoring in the RZ because we need a big bodied WR and because our OC is too stupid to figure out how to use Graham, just remember you pointed out that keeping Darboh won't matter. Keeping a worthless player takes up a roster spot that a player that could have contributed could have had.

Not getting those contributions can lose you games, especially when you lose a starter for a few snaps and need players off the bench to step up.

Seymour

Reaction score
harryjohnson":2ync6dwn said:
AustrianHawk":2ync6dwn said:
Woah

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/904108419916881920[/tweet]

Feel that way fine. Just stfu about it. Smh

Exactly.

Sounds like #25 is "all in" with his coaching staff once again. :roll: