Ruminations on the Falcons Game

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1tyu3d0j said:
seahawkfreak":1tyu3d0j said:
Shanegotyou11":1tyu3d0j said:
Tre Flowers was ruled out before the game.

The hawks went ultra conservative in the 2nd half. The defense will be our downfall and possibly not having a solid 3rd wr. The defense is getting gashed all over and per EPA, this is the worst defense for the hawks since 1995. It is just this bad. They need to figure it out but i just think the hawks will have to outscore teams so we better have perfect weather.

Shaq has looked very good this year. I still wish our corners would look back more. Blair was flying all around. The 2nd half made this game feel gross but 6 and 2 is 6 and 2.

Do you not take in account for the good plays that they make. Yes consistency would be nice but they are still making plays.

It might be coaching calls, I don't know but to be so down on these guys without some relevance is stupid. We cant really add any more players on defense and if the D is as bad as you think they are,,,, it will take more than one player to make them what you want them to be.

My advice to all the D haters is to be patient. There is a lot of talent on the D. Let the team develop and stop the end of the world prophecies.

Oh hey we are 6-2 go figure.

Im providing stats. Not opinion but facts. I think our dbs will get better as youthful.

Ok, here is a stat. 6-2 at the half season. Rare and nice. You can find all the negatives all you want but if we win that is all that matters, no.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have to wonder at so many posters who thought this game was closer than it was. It was close in the same way that our loss against the Saints was close - not at all. Expected onside kicks don't work in this league anymore and playing for a required OSK recovery is very safe on the part of the leading team. We didn't have a reasonable chance in the 4th quarter of that Saints game and the Falcons didn't have a reasonable chance in the 4th quarter of today's game.

There was one really cool drop kick OSK attempt in another game today that actually looked like it had a chance of working (but didn't). Would be a great thing for Dickson to look into, but barring a miracle NFL games are basically over now when OSKs are required. To address that issue I expect the kickoff itself to be replaced with a 4th and 20 possession in a few seasons.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Agree with pretty much everything except for Hooper. I have not seen anything from him super special. He basically seems like their version of Willson.

D

DomeHawk

KiwiHawk":pe5rqaqd said:
Just a small point: DK's 2nd TD wasn't busted coverage; it was an all-out blitz and Wilson threw to where the blitzers came from, as you're supposed to.

Wrong, and the announcers were correct, they had no one covering him at all.

But, let me explain. DK is our #2 receiver, you think that Dan Quinn (who many consider a defensive mastermind) would devise a defensive scheme, i.e., blitz, that does NOT account for the #1 and #2 receivers? Really?

The players on the field messed up. Period.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":grnjaj3t said:
Shanegotyou11":grnjaj3t said:
seahawkfreak":grnjaj3t said:
Shanegotyou11":grnjaj3t said:
Tre Flowers was ruled out before the game.

The hawks went ultra conservative in the 2nd half. The defense will be our downfall and possibly not having a solid 3rd wr. The defense is getting gashed all over and per EPA, this is the worst defense for the hawks since 1995. It is just this bad. They need to figure it out but i just think the hawks will have to outscore teams so we better have perfect weather.

Shaq has looked very good this year. I still wish our corners would look back more. Blair was flying all around. The 2nd half made this game feel gross but 6 and 2 is 6 and 2.

Do you not take in account for the good plays that they make. Yes consistency would be nice but they are still making plays.

It might be coaching calls, I don't know but to be so down on these guys without some relevance is stupid. We cant really add any more players on defense and if the D is as bad as you think they are,,,, it will take more than one player to make them what you want them to be.

My advice to all the D haters is to be patient. There is a lot of talent on the D. Let the team develop and stop the end of the world prophecies.

Oh hey we are 6-2 go figure.

Im providing stats. Not opinion but facts. I think our dbs will get better as youthful.

Ok, here is a stat. 6-2 at the half season. Rare and nice. You can find all the negatives all you want but if we win that is all that matters, no.

Yep id take 6 and 2 all day.

kf3339

Reaction score
Fade":2qd6jkrv said:
SNDavidson":2qd6jkrv said:
Here's my silver lining;

How often do we want to shoot ourselves watching Pete let crappy teams hang around? What did we do this time? 24-0, fast.

Some of this is then letting off the gas, which I'm actually OK with on a game to game basis. Why? We're saving it for the stretch run. We're not putting it all on tape, Pete aint gonna kick a guy when he's down.

We're holding a lot close to the vest, I can almost guarantee it. Where's Ursua been by the way? Unless I missed an injury, there's just no way he's bad enough to get 0 snaps over brown/moore, I think Pete has stashed him, think he's going to be the next Baldwin, chain moving mr. automatic, that's all we're missing, imagine Baldwin on this team.

As for the defense, I also get the impression Pete is holding things back. I think we trade for a pass rusher and Barton, Ugo, Blair become at least pseudo starters with newly aqcuired Diggs playing top cover. We start blitzing and getting sacks and turnovers. Sky is the limit from there after the bye.

They are definitely holding things back on offense, Pete does it all the time, if he feels the game is going a certain way.

Defensively, they are what they are. Diggs will be inserted, the young guys that are playing should improve, and am looking forward to that aspect. But they aren't holding anything back on defense. A unit that is seemingly getting worse, no matter how many draft picks, or resources they put into it. They have been fairly healthy as well on that side of the ball. No catastrophic injuries to point to. Something is definitely wrong though.

My expectation was somewhere between 12-16. 17-19 at worst. Instead they are going the opposite direction as a unit and looking like a bottom 10 defense, maybe bottom 5, if the trend continues.

There are great points on both your posts. I am somewhere between these posts, but just not quite sure. This is a hard team to read this season. Not sure why at this point in time.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":2ovdxuxb said:
Ruminate on this. We have beaten 1 team with a winning record this year. Our 2 losses came from teams 12-3. Our 6 wins came from teams with a combined record of 13-30-1.
Nearly EVERY winning team is in the same position.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Niners have had one of the easiest schedules possible, but somehow they are Super Bowl bound. Hawks beat crap teams and they somehow suck because of it.

6-2

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2t4gdtuy said:
The Niners have had one of the easiest schedules possible, but somehow they are Super Bowl bound. Hawks beat crap teams and they somehow suck because of it.

6-2

I agree with you to an extent, but the Niners are giving up 11 points a game and the Seahawks are giving up almost 25. If that continues, the Niners are gonna be doing way better than the Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They still have 9 games left, and are going to be playing actual solid teams in the next couple months.
I just don't buy in to all the Niners worship. Sure they are a good team, but there is a LOT of football left.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jvvdwxp said:

6-2

Because we struggle to beat the crap teams usually winning at the last minute and with considerable assistance from them, while the 49ers have more often dominated their competition through four quarters.

You can't blame 49ers fans for being just a little more confident of their team's prospects.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":26ewdqa8 said:
SoulfishHawk":26ewdqa8 said:

6-2

Because we struggle to beat the crap teams usually winning at the last minute and with considerable assistance from them, while the 49ers have more often dominated their competition through four quarters.

You can't blame 49ers fans for being just a little more confident of their team's prospects.

Understatement of the year...……...

olyfan63

Reaction score
49ers... They are what their record says they are.
Just crown their asses, already.
[youtube]9kRpS8mwJ14[/youtube]

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.