Pick #118 - LB Tyrice Knight

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If I had to cope myself into liking this, I'd say that they're building a monster of a collapsing force up front and just want sure tacklers to plug up the smaller gaps on the second level... but... I mean, I think you can find that later in the draft if we're devaluing athleticism at the spot. You can find it vet minimum too.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Eventually the whole "grabbing players of need" are going to lead to reaches. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Chapow

Reaction score
I'll defer to those have actually heard of this guy, because I haven't. But it sounds like he was a highly productive player in college and Bucky Brooks seemed to love him. Called him one of his "pound the table for this player" guys.

I get the "they probably could have gotten him later" argument, but you could say that about tons of these picks at this point in the draft.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
After watching some highlights and analysis, I'm getting David Hawthorne vibes from him which I don't hate. It's going to be hard to find another Bobby.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Was driving and had NFL Network on when this pick was made. I think it was the guy in charge of the Senior Bowl who really liked it. Whoever was talking relayed a story on how they went to UTEP to scout the QB and the coach said "you need to watch this linebacker"

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Mac probably loves this kid. I think they are going to try to groom him to be the MIKE linebacker. He's fast and aggressive. He gives 0 hoots about his body. He's a small school dude so he's going to be behind a little but I think the team must feel good about him learning the system to reach a little.

I think next season is going to be huge. We might see a smarter and bigger version of Knight. I like the projection of him. I'm ok with the player now. I will love the player if he develops. I think he can be a monster.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I'm envisioning a lot of 3rd and long scenarios for opposing defenses. The questions I have are, can the corners around Spoonman clamp down and can the LBs hang while the D-Line goes to work. Should be fun to watch unfold.

Jville

Reaction score
Mac probably loves this kid. I think they are going to try to groom him to be the MIKE linebacker. He's fast and aggressive. He gives 0 hoots about his body. He's a small school dude so he's going to be behind a little but I think the team must feel good about him learning the system to reach a little.

I think next season is going to be huge. We might see a smarter and bigger version of Knight. I like the projection of him. I'm ok with the player now. I will love the player if he develops. I think he can be a monster.

"We have a great vision for you Bro" -- Mike Macdonald

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This and the Pritchett pick are starting to feel merely like leverage for the Seahawks to use in their negotiations with existing special teamers.

GemCity

Reaction score
Frustrated we missed out on Payton Wilson yesterday. I know nothing about Knight, but I hope he's ready to contribute immediately because our linebacker room is badly lacking.
That’s who I wanted too.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Was driving and had NFL Network on when this pick was made. I think it was the guy in charge of the Senior Bowl who really liked it. Whoever was talking relayed a story on how they went to UTEP to scout the QB and the coach said "you need to watch this linebacker"
Jim Nagy, who knows what he's talking about!

HawkoTuesday

Reaction score
He was one of their very 1st top 30 visits. I figured they would take him day 3.