Rumor: Hawks open to moving Lynch before deadline

endzorn

Reaction score
My source tells me Seattle is working a deal with the Jets to send Lynch and a conditional 6 to New York for Percy Harvin.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
endzorn":3q877cil said:
My source tells me Seattle is working a deal with the Jets to send Lynch and a conditional 6 to New York for Percy Harvin.

LOL! Wouldn't surprise me this season.

kearly

Reaction score
HansGruber":1iyyw9km said:
FWIW, Pete Carroll laughed at this rumors today in his press conference and said they were totally untrue.

Watch the press conference. It is painfully obvious that all this stuff is being totally fabricated by the media.

It would be super awkward then if Lynch is traded tomorrow. Which is another reason why I don't think it will happen. The real mystery is if Lynch gets dealt next offseason.

Sac

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3kvul98o said:
endzorn":3kvul98o said:

It wouldn't surprise you if Pete and John were blithering idiots that sent one of our best players to the Jets for free?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3ipaaf3j said:
HawkFan72":3ipaaf3j said:
endzorn":3ipaaf3j said:

It wouldn't surprise you if Pete and John were blithering idiots that sent one of our best players to the Jets for free?

Well in that case it would. I just mean that a lot of things I didn't expect have happened this year, so nothing really is surprising me anymore.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Before that gets blown up...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/softykjr/status/526925769780760576[/tweet]

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TwilightError":3leo4d1s said:
I dont think the team is ready to throw in the towel for this season yet. Trading Lynch would be accepting that we are in rebuild.

This is not an accurate statement.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vtcy7rz said:
Bob loblaw":3vtcy7rz said:
This has an NBA feel to it. It worked for awhile, got the title they wanted but they are now cutting out the Cancers, thinking of the future. Lynch is great, lots of tread and 28 yrs old. Hes a headache. Move on before he does anymore damage, Marshawn is the JR SMith of the NFL.

what?

what headaches has he caused here? holding out? an offseason DUI? We dont even know if he's truly an issue in the locker room.

i'm all for moving on from him because he will be a 29 year old running back on the last year of his contract, but lets not start adding to an increasingly speculation driven narrative just for the hell of it.
Si, it's a 9er fan. Nothing to see here. Move along.

As for fellow 12s, I'm surprised how many people here have subtly echoed or tacitly bought into the disgruntled Marshawn bit. A few national figures shine a light on how Marshawn has ALWAYS been and some people say he's getting grumpier by the day like it's a tidbit from a fact-a-day desk calendar.

We all knew he wanted a bigger contract before the season started. FO said "we'll shift a million or so to this year, that's all we can do," and Marshawn came to practice. Nothing new has happened. Percy got shipped and a few totally unaccountable talking heads, along with TMZ, used that to stir up a big boiling bowl of BS.

If Lynch goes before the deadline or suddenly refuses to play, I'll admit I was wrong and give the speculators their due, but I'm not holding my breath for either outcome. I could see us dealing him this offseason to a team that works out a restructure. Something like a 2-3 year deal worth 5-6 M per, with about 75% guaranteed. Or a decent 3-5 M signing bonus and 2 years, totaling 9 M mostly guaranteed. The numbers depend on how he performs down the stretch of this season, though.

If he tears it up this year, I'd rather the Seahawks offer a 3-year deal worth 15 M, with 8 M guaranteed, and Marshawn retires as a Hawk. But I know money is gonna be tight so this has about a 1% chance of happening.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If it were up to me, I'd rather trade Christine Michael rather than Lynch or Turbin at this point. Michael was a high draft pick so they could recoup some value (plus not playing much he doesn't have wear and tear). If they can get a TE or DL help for him that would be nice. Plus, next year's draft may have some players that are an upgrade over Michael and may fit the offense better.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Diminishing returns from this point forward with Shawn is most likely the main issue with the FO imo.

I'm betting nothing happens trade wise or other until the offseason, but I assumed that before the season began.

I shipped him out in Madden after my 2015 franchise season was over. And I held him in 2014 pretty much out of respect for the guy and the fact I hadn't given Turbin enough snaps to know what I had.

No doubt the FO will be giving our other backs an ample number of snaps to avoid not knowing what they have going forward.

Our FO knows what's up.. I'm sure of that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":oxknq1hw said:
As usual, another b.s. story. No, they were NOT open to trading him.

Not necessarily.. they could have got no offers for the guy. Or no offers worth taking.

Or the story could be BS too. Who knows.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, but it seems like people STILL wouldn't believe he was still a Hawk, even if he's on the field :th2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Y'all should know by now, our FO remains 'open' to discuss any option. Whether they are willing to pull the trigger is another story. Any trade involving Lynch would have to be a really sweet deal.