Rumor: Hawks open to moving Lynch before deadline

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont think the team is ready to throw in the towel for this season yet. Trading Lynch would be accepting that we are in rebuild.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
This is the quote from Peter King:

"There are also problems down the road. If Lynch understands—and he certainly must have an inkling about it—that the Seahawks weren’t going to pay him the $6.5 million he is due in 2015, never mind a re-done contract, he’s going to be even more enigmatic than normal. I agree with Mortensen: I believe this season is the end for Lynch in Seattle. The drafting of Robert Turbin and Christine Michael in 2012 and 2013, respectively, provides a big clue that the Seahawks will move on when Lynch turns 29 in the off-season. I don’t see him being moved by Tuesday’s trading deadline unless Seattle gets a great offer for him, which I can’t see. Even a running-back-needy team isn’t going to give Seattle GM John Schneider anything like the third-round pick that would make him think hard about radically affecting their chances to repeat this year."

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/27/nfl-week- ... passing/2/

jake206

Reaction score
Don't want to trade Lynch, but I think its inevitable he's going to leave.

Lynch for Doug Martin or Marcel Reece + pick seems more than likely, if Hawks wanted to trade him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jblaze":3qgaqlcu said:
It is reporting. If they go on tv to make the claims, that's reporting. Whether or not it's true or not is not the point, it's all speculation and conjecture at this point. But if they feel the info is worth reporting on tv, that's info I thought the 12's might want to know.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, random douche comments are not helpful. Your point has been noted, I could have worded this better. Title and original post changed.

its not "speculation" over "reporting"... its that not one of the major outlets you cited had anything on this major story. (just went on to both ESPN and NFL.com... still not one story saying he's being shopped). when asked to provide the links, you turned to someone's twitter feed.

I dont doubt that stuff is flying around. and personally dont care if the info shared is speculation, hyperbole, fact, insider or from PFT. but somehow making light of no major outlets actually reporting it is a "douche" comment...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport: He has a tense relationship with coach Pete Carroll that much we know; does not communicate with Carroll, does not communicate with general manager John Schneider, really just keeps to himself and keeps to his teammates. We knew he held out earlier this year trying to get more money. That’s why based on what I know now I would not be surprised if the Seahawks took a running back very early in the draft and essentially replace Beast Mode on their roster.”

http://nflcommunications.com/2014/10/26 ... y-morning/

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I may be one of the few Hawks fans that is seriously okay with him moving on. I think he's a distraction more than he's productive at this point. We have gotten Beast's Best, while he clearly still has some juice left, it's not like we would get another two or three 1,000+ yard seasons out of him. I say THANK YOU BEAST for everything you did to make us champions and enjoy your twilight years in your hometown being a Raider!

:th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Aros":3pz8jxic said:
I may be one of the few Hawks fans that is seriously okay with him moving on. I think he's a distraction more than he's productive at this point. We have gotten Beast's Best, while he clearly still has some juice left, it's not like we would get another two or three 1,000+ yard seasons out of him. I say THANK YOU BEAST for everything you did to make us champions and enjoy your twilight years in your hometown being a Raider!

:th2thumbs:

I imagine most are OK with moving on after the season...

but at the trade deadline? different set of ramifications there

Largent80

Reaction score
I hope he at least finishes this year. He is under contract for next year as well, so if we are to part ways, please let it happen after this season. I'm actually ok with him moving on, they all do.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is idiotic.

I have had concerns with the FO free agency and trade ability for a while now. The Avril and Bennett deals were coups, on some level so was Schofield. But deals like Harvin end up offsetting 2-3 good deals. And whatever PLUS grades you gave the FO for the Lynch deal would have to be removed.

Lynch is as important to the success of this team as Wilson. He might be more so. His ability to keep drives going, take the pass rush off Wilson and keep our defense rested (as well as grind clock) is crucial. Turbin is below average at best. He is a very capable receiver but is no threat at all as a RB. As a receiving FB, he has some value. For the rest?

Christine Michael? Well one coach supposedly hates him, he doesn't look to do much against top tier talent, and he is nowhere near the protector of the QB that Lynch is.

Lynch is a border HOF quality RB that you are not going to replace with average RBs.

One of the big advantages we have as a team goes out the window with losing Lynch. And this team drops to a consistent 8-8 without him because we don't have receivers good enough to just put in the Seattle version of the run and shoot, hoping to outscore people. And our substandard offensive line becomes even more an issue.

I think this year, Lynch demonstrated he is worth whatever they are paying him. Pay him. He has a right to be upset, given his team needs him to carry them.

Wilson is a great QB but he won't be able to keep this team on top without the key element of a powerful RB that can protect the QB, catch the ball, eat up clock, and wear down defenders.

As for breaking the rules? Sometimes you get to break the rules when you produce. And Lynch produces, which is the goal. Griffey got his chair, Lynch gets to skip the meetings. It shouldn't be a p*ssing contest. Remember when we lost a productive OL to the Browns this year because we were more focused on sending a message than planning for the future?
Let's hope they don't make that mistake again.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is not the identity of our offense, Russell Wilson is. Lynch had virtually no impact on the Super Bowl victory. He's been, at best, mildly productive in our W's this season (less and less so since the opener vs. GB), and a complete non-factor in our L's. He's also a liability in the passing game, which is why Turbin replaces him on 3rd downs. There's nothing that suggests that the sum of Turbin and Michael can't equal the whole of Lynch, never mind the headcase that he's become. I'm more than willing to consider a trade of Lynch in the next 24 hours, though I'd much prefer a player(s) in return who can help the 2014 team rather than a meaningless future mid-round draft pick. And I'd consider almost any package that netted Marcel Reece from the Raiders, as I suggested above.

Cartire

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/526393593238650880[/tweet]

JBlaze, need to stop following Hsu

jake206

Reaction score
Okay let's see what's happened so far with Marshawn: Won superbowl, did not get pay increase, held out for minicamps, threatened with fines, traded Percy (friend), limited carries this season....

According to former teammate Michael Robinson, Marshawn Lynch wanted a new contract and since he didn’t get it, he started planning to move away from the Seahawks.

“We actually went out last week when I was in Seattle and he and I had a conversation and had a drink,” Robinson said on the NFL Network. “The bottom line is, it is about the money. When a guy starts producing the way Marshawn has been producing, he wants to get paid.” courtesy of CBS Sports

i.e. Beast wants out ...like now.

Cartire

Reaction score
jake206":1zjav9hq said:
Okay let's see what's happened so far with Marshawn: Won superbowl, did not get pay increase, held out for minicamps, threatened with fines, traded Percy (friend), limited carries this season....

According to former teammate Michael Robinson, Marshawn Lynch wanted a new contract and since he didn’t get it, he started planning to move away from the Seahawks.

“We actually went out last week when I was in Seattle and he and I had a conversation and had a drink,” Robinson said on the NFL Network. “The bottom line is, it is about the money. When a guy starts producing the way Marshawn has been producing, he wants to get paid.”

Except he is being paid. Top 5.

Sucks that hes a running back. But hes already got a high salary for a RB. Needs to just suck it up, its not getting any better salary wise.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jake206":rf77nm0k said:
Except he is being paid. Top 5.

Shawn's ego: Yeah but he was to be paid the best not top 5.

He actually has the 2nd highest base salary of any active RB in the league today according to Spotrac

He was top 5 before they redid his deal slightly

[urltargetblank]http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/running-back/limit-25/[/urltargetblank]

sc85sis

Reaction score
jake206":3hpq63v6 said:

“We actually went out last week when I was in Seattle and he and I had a conversation and had a drink,” Robinson said on the NFL Network. “The bottom line is, it is about the money. When a guy starts producing the way Marshawn has been producing, he wants to get paid.” courtesy of CBS Sports

Problem with that is he already got paid. He seems to conveniently want to forget that.

Mojambo

Reaction score
When are people going to get that "All In" isn't just a meaningless catch phrase here?

Pete lives this shit, and more importantly, so does Russell Wilson.

The fact of the matter is that as long as Russell is the leader of this franchise, there's going to be a lot of players, many quite talented, that just aren't going to make it here very long.

Long term, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Latest posts