Rumor: Hawks open to moving Lynch before deadline

themunn

Reaction score
sc85sis":1vaa2m41 said:
Problem with that is he already got paid. He seems to conveniently want to forget that.

He's been the most consistent RB in the league over the last 3 years, and he probably thinks he can keep it up for another 3 years given someone like Gore who has the same physical style and has taken a lot more punishment over the years is showing no signs of slowing down.

He wants to be the best paid in the league... and rightly so. And he certainly doesn't want the Hawks to wait until March and then cut him, only to get a poorer deal. This is the time for him to get paid so why not try your luck?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Aros":32rsln9o said:
I may be one of the few Hawks fans that is seriously okay with him moving on.

Not sure I would say that....I think its more 60/40 keep vs trade. I was willing to move on with him when he was holding out to start camp.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Can't get anything for Lynch because he's gone after this year. So they'll hang onto him.

kearly

Reaction score
Acknowledging that these are just rumors, I just don't think that there is enough time left before the deadline to deal a player like Lynch. Look at how long Seattle toiled in negotiations for Vjax and Marshall a few years back. The offseason might be different, but to give up Lynch now when his value is this high would require at least a 2nd rounder plus extras, and when you look at a deal of that type of size it could make weeks to hammer out a deal.

The trade deadline is right upon us, I just see no way they get a deal done unless they are desperate to ship off Lynch. Which I really doubt. It's not like Lynch is the kind of guy that would poison a locker room. He'll just sit in his little corner and say nothing. Pete can handle the challenge of an awkwardly quiet player for half a season. It won't force his hand, though if there is truth to these rumors we very well could see a trade this offseason.

The part that bums me about this (besides the imminent reality of no more Lynch) is that whether or not the rumors about Lynch are true, it only hurts Lynch's trade value. Maybe Seattle had plans to trade Lynch this next offseason anyway to free up cash, and it had nothing to do with him personally. Well now, that plan will be compromised somewhat as teams will feel they are buying damaged goods.

Cartire

Reaction score
themunn":3nbb8i0o said:
sc85sis":3nbb8i0o said:
Problem with that is he already got paid. He seems to conveniently want to forget that.

He's been the most consistent RB in the league over the last 3 years, and he probably thinks he can keep it up for another 3 years given someone like Gore who has the same physical style and has taken a lot more punishment over the years is showing no signs of slowing down.

He wants to be the best paid in the league... and rightly so. And he certainly doesn't want the Hawks to wait until March and then cut him, only to get a poorer deal. This is the time for him to get paid so why not try your luck?

Wait until march? Hes under contract till the end of 2015. Unless he wants to holdout again and actually lose money this time, he has no cards at the table. The team has no reason to release him before march and wont. If they trade him, it will be for something legit. But make no mistake, Beast got paid. Hes still being paid. And to think that hes earned another contract while still playing through is already high contract (for RB's) is absurd.

I get he wants more money, but there is absolutely no reason to give it to him. And I dont think many other teams would give him a higher contract. RB's just dont have that value anymore.

Further more, I dont understand how you think he will get a good deal if we cut/trade him now vs in march. Hes not gonna get a league high contract now, or next year regardless.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't buy into it that PC/JS are fed up with his attitude. He's had this attitude since they acquired him. Nothing has changed (they have stuck with it for 4 1/2 years)...the only thing is that his contract is up at the end of the season. He's on pace for another 1000+ yard season and a focal point around the offense. It would be absurd to trade him and create a hole where there doesn't need to be one. If they trade Lynch, they are signaling that they don't expect to be in the playoffs this year.

kearly

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":dgddomua said:
Can't get anything for Lynch because he's gone after this year. So they'll hang onto him.

Lynch is under contract for 2015. They can trade him this next offseason.

Donk70

Reaction score
I would rather keep him for the rest of the season, then package him with a draft pick and move up in the draft.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2bjn5hi0 said:
I don't buy into it that PC/JS are fed up with his attitude. He's had this attitude since they acquired him. Nothing has changed (they have stuck with it for 4 1/2 years)...the only thing is that his contract is up at the end of the season. He's on pace for another 1000+ yard season and a focal point around the offense. It would be absurd to trade him and create a hole where there doesn't need to be one. If they trade Lynch, they are signaling that they don't expect to be in the playoffs this year.

If you signed on to work at a place for 5 years, with no promise of an extension you think you would have the same attitude day 1 as you would the last year of that 5? Especially if you heard they would not be renewing your contract? Unless you are a robot you would likely be concerned and looking for another job.

mikeak

Reaction score
Rat":2vlik96u said:
A "significant sum" for our front office is probably a future swap of 6th rounders.

I'd hate to lose someone who fits the team identity so well, but I wouldn't necessarily be upset if he's moved either. I think we'd be OK without him.

I define OK as Super Bowl contender. Not sure we are OK with Lynch so are you saying we would be a better team without him?..,

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not that blockbuster trades will ever happen but...

I would trade

RB Marshawn Lynch

for

DE Justin Tuck
WR James Jones

Then trade a 4th Rounder to Jets for RB Chris Ivory.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Rob12":2wtexo99 said:
jdruaint":2wtexo99 said:
Haha, check this one out. Clearly bs but with "quotes" from Lynch and Mike Rob and all. Daaaaaa Raiders for a fourth. I'd actually be ok with this if we didn't play them this week. Imagine a pissed off beast vs our new soft D.

http://dailyleak.org/2014/10/marshawn-lynch-to-raiders/

That's a satirical website.

The quote from Marshawn alone should have proven it is not true. He would never say anything like that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":24ii6xq9 said:
kidhawk":24ii6xq9 said:
ESPN: Lynch is NOT on the trading block. This by Chris Mortenson today on ESPN. Basically saying that he might have been on the block at some point, but isn't now because of the Coleman injury and that he likely won't be here next year. IMO it's Mort's way of supporting what he's been reporting all the while knowing he's just stirring the pot.

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is not on the trading block, but many in the organization -- including Lynch -- do not expect the running back to be on the roster in 2015, according to sources

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767085/seattle-seahawks-tire-marshawn-lynch?ex_cid=sportscenterTW[/urltargetblank]

Or, Mort was saying exactly what the Seahawks wanted him to say.

The Hawks are known to screw with opposition via insiders. The Hawks made the 49ers show their hand with Peyton Manning and also let it be known they we're looking at a Rice TE in the 2013 draft, 49ers bit, and took Vance when the Hawks wanted Luke the entire time.

If that happened bro, the 9ers are still ahead in the game after driving Harvin's asking price up from Minnesota's desire for a 2nd, to them getting our 1st, 3rd and 7th. Worse than costing us that bundle, we also got stuck with Percy Harvin. By the looks of things, his time here may have been as damaging as losing Hutch.

And coincidently, the Vikes the beneficiary in both cases, and both times coming off our SB appearances, sending us into a tailspin immediately thereafter. We'd do well to shy away from the Vikes. *They never stop making us look stupid.

* I have to say here I fully understand they could not have pulled off the poison pill without punkass Hutch. Just like they wouldn't have got our 1st, 3rd and 7th without SF.

OT: I'd be surprised to see us move Lynch this year. We are too thin at the position and Turbin would be by far our #1. Love the kid, but I've not seen proof he's an every down back and I have no idea WTF Michael is. But Lynch won't be here net year. Which everyone knew already.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jblaze":118bxbf2 said:
There is no way we get a 2nd and a player for Lynch. Remember, he's likely a half year rental for any team trading for him. At his age, no one will honor that last year of his contract with is a 8.5m cap hit. That's why he held out this spring, he knew he wouldn't be back and wanted to try to get everything he could while he could.

Seattle is putting the info out there but it's very unlikely he gets traded.

On a side note, Seattle is also linked to Vincent Jackson, Chris Clemons, Antwan Barnes, Devin Hester, Jared Cook, Pierre Garcon amongst others.

JS/PC are always very active and making calls so it's not surprising. Also as we saw with the Harvin trade, they're looking to acquire a dynamic pass catching TE and Cook could be just that.

Wouldn't it be funny to get Garcon after Sherman said he doesn't matter in the NFL. Awkward....

Good post. Thanks to the likes of Ray Rice and name-a-9er, teams are scared as hell of any players with anything resembling baggage at this time. Lynch hasn't been a real problem, but certainly carries himself like he has that potential. Teams want team players and our boy is the epitome of individual. Love the guy, but that will do nothing for his trade value. Posters thinking we could get a 1 (or 3 1s !?!) for him are delusional. I don't see us able to move Lynch this year because of other factors but I'm sure the team would entertain the idea if a 3rd was waived at us.

We just took what will likely end up a 6th rounder for "the most dangerous man in football". Lynch is Wilson compared to Harvin, but has many miles on him and appears to be getting grumpier by the day. I think a 3rd would be fair for both parties. But the way this FO has been operating as of late? Who knows, we may trade him for a 7th with the condition that he rushes for 2000, wins SB MVP and plays QB in the pro-bowl.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
More than fear of a Lynch episode...I'm sure more teams are afraid of trading draft picks and salary for a 28 year old running back.

We love Lynch, but his commodity on the market isnt super high just based on his position, playing style and age...

HansGruber

Reaction score
FWIW, Pete Carroll laughed at this rumors today in his press conference and said they were totally untrue.

Watch the press conference. It is painfully obvious that all this stuff is being totally fabricated by the media.

Latest posts