Rumor - Matt Flynn trade imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehawk

Reaction score
Davehawk":3u410mx7 said:
Thanks for reminding why I don't post here often.

Oh jeez, sorry you took offense.

I was simply pointing out Hass and others have a joke going. And, to Hass's credit, he rolls with it. It's members like Hass that should make you want to post more.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, I apologize to Davehawk, didn't mean to offend. Just letting him in on the gag.

On topic, am I high for assuming this trade is just a choice for Matt?

Sac

Reaction score
That doesn't sound crazy at all. Giving him the choice is the right thing to do and this FO sees the value in treating players the right way.

The Outfield

Reaction score
No, I don't think you are, pehawk. Especially given the apparent move with Leon Washington in declining a trade with the Bucs so that he could choose where he wanted to go.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
jammerhawk":28t9mvo5 said:
Asuming Flynn is traded for a swap of 3rds or 4ths and a future conditional mid round does the team then consider drafting QB- Tyler Wilson @ 56?

LOL. Wilson and Wilson at QB? The HEART of the Hawks.. Let's do this.

Biggiec76

Reaction score
I am quite surprised about a trade with Oakland so soon i thougt they would trade down on draft day from the 3 spot to around 10-14 then trade back again to 20-28 and get alot of picks for this trade down and then they would send us a 3rd for Matt all the while getting 3 or 4 extra picks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I agree with you Pe, I think doing right by Flynn is part of this trade. Sure, the salary cap reduction and the draft pick are a factor too, it is business after all. But this FO showed T-Jack respect and are doing the same for Matt. And, word gets around the league fast when a team is straight up with players and that can only reap rewards in the future with possible FA signings (and who knows, maybe already has vis a vis Tarvaris and the signings of Avril and Bennet this year).

SNDavidson

Reaction score
How long is something allowed to be imminent before it is no longer imminent?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2duc8nmg said:
How long is something allowed to be imminent before it is no longer imminent?

Good question. If the Doc tells me I have 6 months to live, that feels pretty imminent. Maybe imminence is all relative?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So is the hold up that Flynn does not want to restructure? I guess we know which he cares more about between money or the chance to play.

The Radish

Reaction score
Wow, 2 conspiracys in a row. It sucks what happens to us when we don't have any facts isn't it?

:les:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":xpwugabl said:
What do you guys think are the chances we pick up TJ!?

in all seriousness? Less than zero. I think they like someone in the draft. Veteran back ups are far and few between right now. My call has been that they like Ryan Nassib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts