Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":kqdt9uox said:
endzorn":kqdt9uox said:
i think we're giving credence to something that was blown out of proportion. He'll report sometime this season and play hard.

Agreed. At some point, Kam will realize that by not playing and thus sacrificing a quarter of a million every game (that's the size of his game checks), he's actually losing more money than he'd stand to earn from a reworked contract.
Exactly, It becomes basic math vs stubborness.

mikeak

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":3jph7ej6 said:
Quite frankly, trading Kam is even worse than paying him.

Kam will get a fat new contract and we can expect a line out of Pc/JS door next year. Not only that, we are stuck with Kams dead money and having to replace him. It makes zero sense.

I propose a different tactic. Hire a new coach, call him Kam's coach. When Kam returns in week 11 have Kam's coach make his life at work something he will remember, well away from the rest of the guys. Other players will get the hint. This is well worth the 2m cap savings trading him would give us

First part 100% with you. I don't want a trade or new deal - give him nothing new

When he returns he can chose between paying fines or an equivalent portion to the fine is taken from his salary and converted to tough performance bonuses....

Tical21

Reaction score
There isn't a single player in this league they would trade OBJ straight up for.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
You might as well ask for Eli Manning, two 1st-rounders, and a bag of crack cocaine.

#becausethatsexactlywhatyoudbesmoking_bro

Laloosh

Reaction score
Is there new information or is this just the new Kam thread to discuss everything Kam? Honest question, not trolling.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":10f9tmco said:
You might as well ask for Eli Manning, two 1st-rounders, and a bag of crack cocaine.

#becausethatsexactlywhatyoudbesmoking_bro

No thank you. Seahawks already have a capable backup QB behind RW. They don't need an overpriced one.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ESPN guys thing about a 1st and a 3rd would be fair.

two dog

Reaction score
Bobblehead":27p0adk0 said:

Maybe. If it's a team like Green Bay who will draft 24-32, no deal. Gotta be one of
the doormats for a top 5 pick.

That kind of trade would have the added benefit of providing Kam with a little humility.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
two dog":2pzunh53 said:
Bobblehead":2pzunh53 said:

Maybe. If it's a team like Green Bay who will draft 24-32, no deal. Gotta be one of
the doormats for a top 5 pick.

That kind of trade would have the added benefit of providing Kam with a little humility.

Enter Jacksonville. Great fit for young D. Gus Bradley. Not going to be a top tier team. Not a threat to us. Far enough away to make losing him hurt a little less maybe. :cry:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2xy4bir0 said:

We wouldn't get anything close to a 1st and a 3rd. Kam is a strong safety, and despite his All Pro qualities, no one is going to put that many resources, which would include a monster contract, into that position. We would be lucky to get just the #1.

I don't see an easy way out of this mess. There's no way we would be able to get any value out of a trade and there's no way the team can cave in while Kam needs something to allow him to save face. It wouldn't be a good thing for him or us to have him come back with his tail between his legs.

Something has to be going on with Kam. Perhaps he's lost his desire for the game, or simply isn't ready physically and/or mentally to start the season. This is weird, has a Percy Harvin type smell to it (not that Kam's personality is anywhere near Harvin's), an irrational absence that can't be explained. He's not a prima donna like Harvin was, but a reasonable explanation is no easier to be found.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not buying the knee injury theory. Knee injuries are very quantifiable. You can see them on Xrays and MRI's. It would be easier for me to believe that the injury or his rehab from it has caused him some sort of emotional stress.

A

Anonymous

RiverDog":16gcjipi said:
... It would be easier for me to believe that the injury or his rehab from it has caused him some sort of emotional stress.

Which is supported by his wanting more guaranteed money.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
He played in theSB hurt. A torn mcl I think. If he injured further he could have jeopardized his career. Therefore the rest of his contract could potentially be worthless. I could see that freaking him out and he rethinking things. Just a thought. I could see us guaranteeing more of his contract and both sides win. No new money waive fines and gaurentee two of the 3 years left.

Happy

Reaction score
RiverDog":2n53j4rr said:
Sorry, I'm not buying the knee injury theory. Knee injuries are very quantifiable. You can see them on Xrays and MRI's. It would be easier for me to believe that the injury or his rehab from it has caused him some sort of emotional stress.

Yeah that's kinda what it looks like.

The way he plays the game, he's headed towards a lifetime of limited mobility once his playing days are done. Perhaps a difficult rehab has nailed the point home for him.

He may be on the fence about playing football period. Asking for an unreasonable amount of money to continue is a perfectly logical option in this context.

-h

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I say give Kam what he wants pending physical and get on with our preparations for the season. Recent moves we have already made signaled the end of the "all ways compete, next man up" era and it appears we have moved more to a "win now" philosophy. A healthy Kam gives us a better chance to win this season.

Latest posts