*RUMOUR* SF make "legit" offer for WR Josh Gordon

cdallan

Reaction score
This is "confirmed" by Incarcerated Bob, but no mainstream news oulets.

Please don't let this happen.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I suspect they are one of the two teams offering a high pick and a player.

Decimation

Reaction score
Probably one of their 2nds from KC. God damnit, Josh Gordon actually has looked pretty damn good. Please go to another team!

Basis4day

Reaction score
cdallan":3nx2b7vu said:
This is "confirmed" by Incarcerated Bob, but no mainstream news oulets.

Please don't let this happen.

San Francisco 49ers safety Donte Whitner reacted with a "wow" at the thought of Peyton Manning joining forces with Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss.

If that sounds like a personnel combination to fear, you must not be Richard Sherman. The precocious Seattle Seahawks cornerback said he's tired of people fearing players and actually hopes Manning goes to the 49ers.

"He will have at least 2 tough days a season," Sherman tweeted.

OP
OP
cdallan

cdallan

Reaction score
It would make sense. I hope that the other team interested is a better bet to be drafting higher, as this might make them a more attractive trade partner.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I say "go ahead." I embrace any potential the 49ers have of moving away from their run-first identity. That team has never been as scary as it was when Alex Smith was running his check-down offense for them.

SF49r

Reaction score
I heard it was going to be LMJ and a 2nd round pick, but not really sure if it was true.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I covet the guy, so that part of me is pissed.

But the part of me that hates the Niners is happy Aldon might get a new drinking buddy.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SF49r":1hnw9hqo said:
I heard it was going to be LMJ and a 2nd round pick, but not really sure if it was true.

Seems kinda low. I would hold on to Gordon for that.

Were I the Browns, who really have not much on offense except for Gordon, Cameron and solid OTs, I would want multiple picks to throw at the offense were I trading one of my two weapons. Maybe two seconds and a fifth or something like that.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the Browns are trading Gordon, but hey, if they're going to do it, I hope they don't just give him away.

Laloosh

Reaction score
We have a lot of depth at WR/RB. Why would we not try to get in the mix if that's all he's going for?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
E.C. Laloosh":3tq9ip67 said:
We have a lot of depth at WR/RB. Why would we not try to get in the mix if that's all he's going for?

Who would you dangle? Turbin and a second? Eh, I like Gordon as a replacement for Rice, but I don't know. Plus, the dude will need a new contract soon and we have too much tied into the WR position already.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":y44giosx said:
If this trade gets completed, I wonder who Crabtree will be playing for next year?

The 49ers. He's signed through 2014.

Meant Boldin?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SF49r":2bkshp6m said:

TBH, that makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Also kind makes sense in that the trade deadline is right before the 9ers bye week, and the Browns bye week is just a week after it too. Both teams could make the trade and use the bye to get their new pieces up to speed.

All that said, I'd still be surprised if true, though.

amill87

Reaction score
SF49r":2gmgkz5g said:

Honestly I hope the niners take that. LMJ is the future of their running game and who knows how long gore can hang on.

If I was a niner fan, I think I'd rather they just hang on to the picks and build the team up. They are gonna need those picks to continue bringing in talent as the team ages/gets pilfered.

I don't know where I'm getting this idea but I feel like harbaugh really wants to put that offense in Kaeps hands and go away from what works best for them (run heavy). If this is true, I feel it bodes well for the hawks

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Getting rid of LMJ while Gore is 30 doesn't seem like the most prudent move long term. And what happens if Gore gets hurt this year? They got Hunter and then nobody. Anthony Dixon? Come on. Their season would be over.

I guess it would be an exciting move for them for the next few weeks, though.

Reaction score
DavidSeven":22ir31f5 said:
Getting rid of LMJ while Gore is 30 doesn't seem like the most prudent move long term. And what happens if Gore gets hurt this year? They got Hunter and then nobody. Anthony Dixon? Come on. Their season would be over.

I guess it would be an exciting move for them for the next few weeks, though.

Lattimore?

They restarted his rehab when they drafted him, more than likely to stick him on PUP and not use a roster spot on him, but he was already running (gingerly, but running) back at the draft. The kid could be a BEAST.

Latest posts