*RUMOUR* SF make "legit" offer for WR Josh Gordon

OP
OP
cdallan

cdallan

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1hiobo6o said:
Incarcerated Bob is a proven fraud. Why are people still linking to his BS?

I didn't link, and that's why I used quotation marks and specifically stated the source. I don't trust it much either. However, you know as well as I do that people connected to the teams will occasionally talk about this stuff privately - you wrote a long explanation if it after the Carson Palmer links IIRC

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
cdallan":1aysh9gv said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1aysh9gv said:

I didn't link, and that's why I used quotation marks and specifically stated the source. I don't trust it much either. However, you know as well as I do that people connected to the teams will occasionally talk about this stuff privately - you wrote a long explanation if it after the Carson Palmer links IIRC

They may well speak to people, but not Incarcerated Bob.

LINK: http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11 ... rated-bob/

bestfightstory

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":156rjruq said:
cdallan":156rjruq said:
theENGLISHseahawk":156rjruq said:

They may well speak to people, but not Incarcerated Bob.

LINK: http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11 ... rated-bob/

I read every word of that link.

Seems Dom was CORRECT about IncarceratedBob all along.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Yeah Incarcerated Bob is full of it...Adam Schefter did tweet that 2 teams have made offers for Gordon and a 3rd one is interested, and it seems very likely to me that SF is one of those 3 teams

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
MLOhawks":2u5g2sea said:
Who gives a crap, one WR isn't going to be the difference for the whiners.

true that. however when all our WR's/TE's are healthy at the same time.. thats a different story.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MLOhawks":78z84zom said:

It will make a big difference.

It won't be a one man show at the wide receiver position anymore. Then when Crabtree comes back they will have three good options not counting the thoroughbred Davis.

Weadoption

Reaction score
I got to believe that Cleveland knows something we dont.
Too much talent with this kid to give up on unless you know he can't lay off the ganja.

HereToRead

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3jimcef1 said:
MLOhawks":3jimcef1 said:

It won't be a one man show at the wide receiver position anymore. Then when Crabtree comes back they will have three good options not counting the thoroughbred Davis.

That does seem explosive, Crabtree and Gordon outside, Boldin in the slot, Davis at TE and Gore in the Backfield.

And if Crabtree isnt 100%, They could put Manningham in the slot.

Brahn

Reaction score
HereToRead":7y55izce said:
Tech Worlds":7y55izce said:
MLOhawks":7y55izce said:

That does seem explosive, Crabtree and Gordon outside, Boldin in the slot, Davis at TE and Gore in the Backfield.

And if Crabtree isnt 100%, They could put Manningham in the slot.

I agree with HereToRead lets not just dismiss them. If we had Crabtree/VD/Josh Gordon/ Boldin we would be pretty pleased with our receivers.

They have a lot of talent in the catching department. (small wink)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It doesn't even matter. Whether there are 2 or 20 receivers on that team, the Forty-Felons would have to stop running the ball if they wanted to actually go to more than 1/2 receivers. Papaki drops back and in 3 seconds has either thrown it to his first option or he is running. Papaki will get that down someday, but not this year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2rpxw6q5 said:
Papaki drops back and in 3 seconds has either thrown it to his first option or he is running.

Of all the bizarre claims Hawks fans make about 9ers players and coaches, this is really the weirdest, IMO.

Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously curious: do you actually believe this, or it's just a meme and a funny thing to say?

hawk45

Reaction score
I say this as someone totally in the tank for Russell Wilson, but:

I dislike any final judgments on Kaepernick as he plays with all backups at the WR spots. Yes okay he's looked like garbage at Century Link, who doesn't. With basic cable, I haven't (unfortunately) been able to watch him play much against other teams. But even if he was a one-read guy this year, that would make total sense. If VD isn't open he may as well take off. They still have a good record without their wideouts, so it's not like he's killing the team, and they're only going to get better. After reading the Niners eulogized by some (not all) after their 2 game destruction, here they are with complete control over their HFA destiny and their destiny within the division, just like us.

Similar situation as the Seahawks, really. Russell has had more success in the passing game than Kaepernick perhaps, but our passing game has been out of rythm and anemic most games this season. But since we're winning, and since the OL is a MASH unit, the book isn't written on Russell or our WRs until he gets something resembling protection.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We only say things like that about Kaepernick to make you 9er fans mad, thats all, it works cuz you guys chime in with a response EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.. We'd stop if you guys ignored us, but you won't lol.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think it's unfair to call Kaep a one-read QB. That's what it looks like on tape and that's what national people have said about him as well. I know Mayock called him a "one-read guy" on TNF and Shannon Sharpe said the same thing last year. It's not something that Seattle fans just invented.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
What I was assuming, Throwdown, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply.

David, might wanna watch a 9ers game or two. The 9ers run a lot of play action which tends to go to the primary receiver, but on normal pass plays he's looking at his second or third reads as much as anyone else who's not Manning/Rodgers/Brees/Brady.* He's not going to them that much because of who they are (he went to the very-below-average Randy Moss on secondary and tertiary reads much more frequently last year; the 9ers #2 and #3 wr spot are really that deep of a pit of despair), but he's looking, and then usually going to his primary, or Boldin/Vernon/Gore/Miller/McDonald (whoever is secondary or tertiary and not the #2 WR).

*Also probably not as much as Wilson either, but for another reason: Wilson is still running around and waiting for plays to break down and ad-libbing too frequently (def a skill he has and something he's good at, but something I'd expect him to lean on less as he develops more).

edit: and so nobody takes that last sentence as a slight, fwiw Wilson is my favorite of the four young qbs.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3t0ea3h4 said:
loafoftatupu":3t0ea3h4 said:
Papaki drops back and in 3 seconds has either thrown it to his first option or he is running.

Of all the bizarre claims Hawks fans make about 9ers players and coaches, this is really the weirdest, IMO.

Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously curious: do you actually believe this, or it's just a meme and a funny thing to say?

Yes!