Run the Damn ball!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Game on the line, Geno get it done. Period. But I couldn't agree more about the play calling. Run the damn ball, it was working, WELL. Like when they had 3rd and 2, and the throw a pass to the corner, a horrible pass. Really? That's your choice when you're running the ball well?

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Opposing team's offense was kept off the field. We won TOP. We just got gashed by ATL's run game. Our pass-to-run ratio wasn't the issue.
I was responding to Hoxroxx comment regarding his question why running the ball is important
or something like that.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
When did this team become pass first?
Penny with only 14 carries? Meanwhile Geno threw the ball 44 times?
While the Falcons ran the ball..31 times.. And won.
Penny: 4.7 YPC
Dallas: 7.0 YPC
Walker : 6.3 YPC
Absolutely idiotic play calling for a team with a relatively inexperienced QB.
Running the ball helps your defense...
Pete said they were gonna throw more this game. So dumb to say game plans publicly.

NJHawk

Reaction score
Nothing on the O really matters when you can't tackle and are always out of position. I don't care what qb we have in or how much we pass or run. WE should really be 0-3. It's a work in progress and hopefully we draft well next year. I would like a new coach too but that's a different thread. At least we are competitive, enjoy the games!!!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Generally I would agree run more and control clock, and keep defenses fresh, but the interior line wasn't opening many holes and overall, the run calls leaves something to be desired. Jet sweep to Walker was nice but overall, we need to be more multiple in our attack.

Geno was distributing the ball effectively to WR and TEs, and we really need points in the second half to keep up with ATL. Turtling wasn't going to do it. That strategy is best when you have a bigger lead, or when your defense can stop someone.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I was responding to Hoxroxx comment regarding his question why running the ball is important
or something like that.
Gotcha, sorry about that.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out the point of the thread. We scored points on five different possessions. We won TOP. Our only turnover was on the last play of our last drive.

So, why are we talking about run-to-pass ratio?

Again, if this is a philosophical discussion about our identity going forward, sure, I agree, but that's not what this discussion seems to be.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Gotcha, sorry about that.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out the point of the thread. We scored points on five different possessions. We won TOP. Our only turnover was on the last play of our last drive.

So, why are we talking about run-to-pass ratio?

Again, if this is a philosophical discussion about our identity going forward, sure, I agree, but that's not what this discussion seems to be.
No problem my friend. I think the OP's issue was that our RB were getting good averages and we seemed to abandoned it. Run , kill clock , sit their offense down. You know the program haha