Russ + Bad weather not good

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I don't have the stats to prove this but it seems to me Russ does not play well in cold or wet. More so than other QB's. Hopefully someone stat oriented here can find them and see if true. This would be interesting if true.

KillerB

Reaction score
I buy what you're selling. He's never played in cold weather...and when he has (as a Seahawk) he's been bad. Remembering his blank zombie expression in the playoffs against the Vikings...he was barely there.

No more cold this regular season though. Two at home, one at Pants Park in Santa Clara.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
KillerB":37ura72q said:
I buy what you're selling. He's never played in cold weather...and when he has (as a Seahawk) he's been bad. Remembering his blank zombie expression in the playoffs against the Vikings...he was barely there.

No more cold this regular season though. Two at home, one at Pants Park in Santa Clara.

I am also curious about his record in the rain as well.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He played for wisconsin and never played in cold weather?

dutchman063

Reaction score
Its not really that cold or was bad in Tampa, we just arnt good away from Century field

rcaido

Reaction score
Which bad weather game are you talking about?

Only one i remember was the Vikings game which im sure no one played particularly good. Packers game was just terrible but again everyone played bad in this game too.

How about Seahawks + Bad weather not good

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3s5t9wti said:
He played for wisconsin and never played in cold weather?

Reading another post in here before the game someone put up weather stats for his time there. No crazy weather games. Plus just because you play in bad weather games does not make you good in them.

dutchman063":3s5t9wti said:
Its not really that cold or was bad in Tampa, we just arnt good away from Century field

I am less concerned with every loss as to how he plays in bad weather generally.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yes, it's always been a myth that Wilson played a bunch of cold-weather games at Wisconsin.

You can find the game temperatures here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Wisc ... tball_team

In home games:

1. vs. UNLV: 90 degrees.
2. vs. Oregon State: 71 degrees.
3. vs. North Illinois: 65 degrees.
4. vs. South Dakota: 60 degrees.
5. vs. Nebraska: 50 degrees.
6. vs. Indiana: 52 degrees.
7. vs. Purdue: 55 degrees.
8. vs. Penn State: 52 degrees.

It doesn't look like any of his road games that year had particularly severe weather either.

canfan

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3vchrpgn said:
I don't have the stats to prove this but it seems to me Russ does not play well in cold or wet. More so than other QB's. Hopefully someone stat oriented here can find them and see if true. This would be interesting if true.

You forgot to add wind. He doesn't play well in windy weather either.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I would believe he sucks in the cold more so than rain! Russ has won many rain games in Seattle! I don't think it's the turf, but I do believe he has sucked more often than not when it's cold, like freezing cold. He sucked in Minnesota, Green Bay, and I think I can remember a game in Chicago that was cold but we won last minute.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He grew up in VA they get cold weather, I'm not buying it. It was cold in Seattle last week and he played decent.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1xitpdy4 said:
He grew up in VA they get cold weather, I'm not buying it. It was cold in Seattle last week and he played decent.

You may be right but I would love to see some solid numbers. Just a hunch.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
canfan":y09w4ovv said:
Year of The Hawk":y09w4ovv said:

You forgot to add wind. He doesn't play well in windy weather either.
He also gets allergies during Lilacs season. Also, they forgot to add most any months with R's..

sdog1981

Reaction score
I posted this back in October and was exacuted on this site. This season how ever he has turned in some of his worst games in regular weather.

Seymour

Reaction score
DavidSeven":5kxl5gob said:
Yes, it's always been a myth that Wilson played a bunch of cold-weather games at Wisconsin.

You can find the game temperatures here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Wisc ... tball_team

In home games:

1. vs. UNLV: 90 degrees.
2. vs. Oregon State: 71 degrees.
3. vs. North Illinois: 65 degrees.
4. vs. South Dakota: 60 degrees.
5. vs. Nebraska: 50 degrees.
6. vs. Indiana: 52 degrees.
7. vs. Purdue: 55 degrees.
8. vs. Penn State: 52 degrees.

It doesn't look like any of his road games that year had particularly severe weather either.

That "myth" came right out of Russells mouth prior to SB48 with cold weather speculation on that game. He said it would be no problem after playing for Wisconsin, but to his defense he also talked more of many cold practices during that interview.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Throwing balls in cold air is a possible issue for him, you'd guess it from last night and it is for sure something kickers are concerned with. Relatively ancient history, as opposed to all the more longer and including more recent experience that the Brady's, Cutlers and Rogers have, is a little unfair. It could be a factor, ~to some degree~.

edit: heard that same argument debated on ESPN earlier today, yes between two morons, but they did devote time to the subject

Latest posts